DBWI: How do you feel about this idea of of women getting the vote?

OOC: This is set in an ATL where society on both a national and global scale was extremely patriarchal and women in America are getting the right to vote in 2008 rather than 1920.

IC: It's been all over the damned news all day that those suffragists finally got the right to vote. They have been interviewing that die hard liberal Ann Coulter all day...

Women simply aren't tough enough to make a good voting decision. OOC: Probably a common enough comment in TTL, not that I agree with it.

oh great, next Woman will want to leave their children at home, and not care for they're husbands, or worse have their husbands do womans work in the home! what will happen to children raised with the father in the home and woman working? why the boys will grow up looking to men for comfort and the girls will grow up seeing woman as strong and dominant, i tell you this is the first step to having a whole generation of Queers

OCC: as i'm sure you all know, i'm a Queer Hill-o-Crat, it's just more fun to play the crazy right, and i'm sure they'd say something like this

It's been all over the damned news all day that those suffragists finally got the right to vote. They have been interviewing that die hard liberal Ann Coulter all day...

That is just terrible. Next one would expect that we would be extending the vote to the heathen Chinese, the Jews, the Irish, the red savages and whole host of underlings than have been listed for eradication or sterilization by the Federal Government. At least in Mexico governance and the vote is still limited to those of male, Spanish descent.

That is just terrible. Next one would expect that we would be extending the vote to the heathen Chinese, the Jews, the Irish, the red savages and whole host of underlings than have been listed for eradication or sterilization by the Federal Government. At least in Mexico governance and the vote is still limited to those of male, Spanish descent.

God you're right! the Negros! good God! they might try to get ride of Colored Passbooks, they the Darkies could go were ever they wanted, live were ever! they'd surely move into white towns and try to sleep with white woman! :eek: and if they get ride of passbooks they'll want schools, and i'll be damned if a colored is going to learn on my dime!

OCC: so unclean! :eek:

Last edited:
This is absolute fucking bullshit. Women have brains that are smaller than men. This has been proven scientifically. They're going to run my country into the goddamn ground.

Thankfully it isn't likely to happens soon.

Oh, just you wait! Before you know it, there won't even be any good, white men left. We'll all be a bunch of half-breed queers!

I say the government's gone to far this time! We got rid of the British because of stupid laws; maybe it's time to put friends of the white man back in the White House, if you know what I mean.

OOC: I do love to act, but this just makes me feel soiled...

The Sandman

Banned
Pshaw! As a Californian, I for one have no problems with women getting the vote. My problem is with anyone getting the vote! If you damned Southerners hadn't invaded to keep Emperor Joshua I from letting his daughter inherit, the only franchise we would be concerned with right now would be the San Francisco Giants! :mad:

The only consolation is that I know that the women in this state are even more active in the independence movement than we men are, so we should be able to turf you lot out soon and allow the House of Norton to return from their Hawaiian exile. :D

Libertad por California!

Freedom for California!

Our nation is becoming more and more like that red menace the Soviet Union,every day,no wonder we are losing the cold war ! we need strong leadership not pathetic,queer liberals.

Pshaw! As a Californian, I for one have no problems with women getting the vote. My problem is with anyone getting the vote! If you damned Southerners hadn't invaded to keep Emperor Joshua I from letting his daughter inherit, the only franchise we would be concerned with right now would be the San Francisco Giants! :mad:

The only consolation is that I know that the women in this state are even more active in the independence movement than we men are, so we should be able to turf you lot out soon and allow the House of Norton to return from their Hawaiian exile. :D

Libertad por California!

Freedom for California!

Aw, get out of here, you damned Cappy.

Our nation is becoming more and more like that red menace the Soviet Union,every day,no wonder we are losing the cold war ! we need strong leadership not pathetic,queer liberals.

Just what I'm trying to say! We need strong leadership, not some weak-wristed sissy!

I say the government's gone to far this time! We got rid of the British because of stupid laws; maybe it's time to put friends of the white man back in the White House, if you know what I mean.

i hear you! that Kennedy boy! our good old Dems got the country in a really shitty place, so i held my noise and voted GOP for that Irish SOB, and don't let that story about his great-great-grandfather converting to Congregationalism when he came over fool you, that whole damn family are dirty Irish Papists! i don't know were that Irish SOB got the balls to pull a stunt like this but i say we teach him who the real Americans are

OCC: SO UNCLEAN!!!!!!!!!!

i hear you! that Kennedy boy! our good old Dems got the country in a really shitty place, so i held my noise and voted GOP for that Irish SOB, and don't let that story about his great-great-grandfather converting to Congregationalism when he came over fool you, that whole damn family are dirty Irish Papists! i don't know were that Irish SOB got the balls to pull a stunt like this but i say we teach him who the real Americans are

OCC: SO UNCLEAN!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah!

OOC: I'll need to shower after this.

Me and my friends agree the time has come for a independant Texas,free of the Communist disease that controls Washington.The USA has gone to the dogs allowing wave after wave of immigrant scum to enter and corrupt our nation.We must retake our nation or be forced to make our own.

The Sandman

Banned
Aw, get out of here, you damned Cappy.

I must admit I've never heard that particular term before. I suppose that if your pathetic excuse for a coherent nation-state had ever produced any culture worthy of more than providing an alternative when the bidets break, I might have been more likely to encounter it. :)

Just what I'm trying to say! We need strong leadership, not some weak-wristed sissy!

Well, we Californians HAD that, and a country that forced yours to turn its head in shame as a result. Then you miserable pawns of an illegitimate democracy invaded us merely because we allowed members of the fairer sex, Negroes, Hebrews, Mahometans, Mongoloids, Hispanics, and even one or two Irish to equally participate in building our Golden Homeland under the beneficent eyes of the Norton Dynasty. :(

Meddling with the succession wasn't enough for you, oh no; to avoid irrefutable proof that your system's failings lay in the parochial bigotry and blindness of your leaders, it was required that you murder our nation before we exposed the moral bankruptcy of yours. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And given that even as it groans under the oppressive Gwailo yoke California is still the richest and most industrially and agriculturally productive portion of your Supposedly United States, I dare say that our independence is an inevitability, needing only the distraction of your military to be a formality. :p

I've already begun making arrangements for a shipment of champagne to accompany the coronation at San Simeon. :cool:

OOC: the Hearst Castle of OTL is the Imperial Palace of TTL. Would you expect that the Norton Dynasty, By Grace of God the King of Oregon (the original territory), the Prince of Hawaii, the Protector of Alberta and the Yukon, the Duke of Alaska and the Emperor of Californias Norte, Baja and Oriens (OTL Nevada) would reside in any locale not befitting such grandeur?

Last edited:
I've met some very intelligent women, many of them far brighter than the twits I went to High School with, so I think it could turn out alright.

OOC: I doubt my dislike of being surrounded by utter idiots would be any different in TTL, so it works.

Riain

Banned
My biggest problem is that, despite any thoughts I have on the matter, if I give off a single vibe against it my missus won't be in the mood for lovin' ever again. So, yeah fellas, give 'em the vote 'cause I have NEEDS.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I think there should be a clear divide of the genders

Only women can vote

But only men can be politicians
(except for female nobles in their own right of course, we don't want to impose any restrictions on the House of Lords)

That will sort the world out !

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

OOC: This is set in an ATL where society on both a national and global scale was extremely patriarchal and women in America are getting the right to vote in 2008 rather than 1920.

IC: It's been all over the damned news all day that those suffragists finally got the right to vote. They have been interviewing that die hard liberal Ann Coulter all day...
Frankly, I'm happy about it. As far as I'm concerned, women are equal to men! Complete equality should be our goal. This is only the first step.