DBWI/DBPC: Samsung's M&A on fokker fails.

In 1996, Samsung's attempt to buy fokker was successful. The Samsung's interest in aviation industry and Fokker's desparation led to this M&A. This delayed bankruptcy by 6 years, but it folded in 2002. But samsung uses fokker as a brand for Samsung Aerospace.
Would it be plausible to make M&A to fail? And if it failed, how it will affect aviation industry?

OOC: based on this thread

Last edited:
OOC: this needs to be more descriptive, not a lot of ppl know about the topic. btw are you korean

OOC: this needs to be more descriptive, not a lot of ppl know about the topic. btw are you korean
OOC: In 1990s, Samsung tried to buy Fokker Aircraft company, known at the time for Fokker 100 and historically, a triplane that red baron used. However, in 1997, this talk fell through. And fokker declared bankruptcy and its assets sold to competitors. Despite being a partner of DASA(german aircraft company) this couldn't stop its bankruptcy.
This DBWI deals with the timeline where samsung did buy fokker.

And for korean part.. I am from Uijeongbu ,South korea..

Last edited:
And for korean part.. I am from Uijeongbu ,South korea..
OOC: Nice, I'm from Goyang.
As for the WI, it's hard to say since what most likely will happen is that Samsung won't plan to pump money to keep Fokker alive, more like exploit as much innovation and tech from the dying company as possible until they can make a Korean airplane manufacturer of their own. Most likely Fokker will still be discarded and declared bankrupt, just at a later date.

OOC: Nice, I'm from Goyang.
As for the WI, it's hard to say since what most likely will happen is that Samsung won't plan to pump money to keep Fokker alive, more like exploit as much innovation and tech from the dying company as possible until they can make a Korean airplane manufacturer of their own. Most likely Fokker will still be discarded and declared bankrupt, just at a later date.
Ok, just edited it.