We all know what happened after the death of Muhammad. The newly Muslim Arabs spread out of Arabia, warring against both the Byzantine and Sasanian Empires. But while they completely conquered the former, the latter managed to hold on despite the beating it took.

Your challenge is to have it so the Sasanian Empire is destroyed while the Byzantine Empire survives.

The defeat of the Romans in the Last Great War really did a number on them; they ceded vast territories to the Sassanids and became their tributary. The Sassanid Empire was and is a powerful state, and it's even managed to outlast Islamic power in the Middle East; meanwhile, the Romans were a dead Empire walking. They'd already lost almost all their European lands to the Lombards and the Avar Khaganate; the Arabs just had to take Constantinople.

and is a powerful state, and it's even managed to outlast Islamic power in the Middle East;
What outlast? there a reason why Caliph Utman(PUH) didn't wanted to fight them, too insane at the time and once both have a border on tigris they just focus on peace as the Persian cared more about India and Central asian than meditteranean.

OOC: You need apart from them winning you some how need to get rid of khowsrow II and his tyranical tendencies with out causing a civil war as when Kavad II took the throne he like his father before him was kinda of bokers and killed all his brothers depleting the sassanid empire of future rulers , so i shall try to create one.

Have Heraclius survive the battle of Ganzak as he was slain while encouraging his troops , by that time Heraclius had won some Engagements Heraclius won a crushing victory over Shahrbaraz in the fall of 622 kicking the perians out of anatolia , the byzantines then took back Cesarea heraclius 24 000 met The shas 40 000 here both Heraclius and Khosrow died but the persians won the byzantines became a client state after Heraclius death as many fled to carthage and italy , Kavad II took power and he managed due to overextension his armies where defeated in syria soon the arabs began to take the former byzantine lands but could not push the persians sure they raided and pushed deep in to mespotemia but Kavad retreated beyond the sargos and defeated them by that time the arabs already estalbished themselvs so kavad moved the border beyond the zargos just in case as ctesiphont was to vulnerable from the arabs as they could attack from the north west , west and south

I would say that the Sassanids need to avoid the reing of Hormizd IV and return to the pre Khosrau I status quo. If this is done, the Sassanid royalty can repair relations with the noble houses and also have a more efficient governmental spending policy. The Sassanid elites will not have to expend revenue (which depended upon successful war loot) on wasteful and poorly performing standing armies. All funds can go to constructing free cities to acquire greater state revenues and then in outfitting the Great Houses with gifts to sponsor more disciplined and strong cavalry-based armies. This will maintain the same sort of keen military prowess that the Arsacids and early Sassanids were famous for and hence avoid the disasters of the Arab victories across Mesopotamia. In the slightest, after initial defeats, they will recover, having still a coalition of the Great Houses and hence overwhelm the Arabs with cavalry.

In Byzantium, I am not sure. Time the Arab invasion during a civil war similar to the one following the death of Emperor Maurice. Say, instead of Heraclius asserting his power, he is slain too.. If the post changes more than three times in a single war, the Arabs may be able to take Constantinople through a combination of deception, treason and brute force. Meanwhile, the Sassandis either hold everything east of the Euphrates or east of the Zagros.

I would say that the Sassanids need to avoid the reing of Hormizd IV and return to the pre Khosrau I status quo. If this is done, the Sassanid royalty can repair relations with the noble houses and also have a more efficient governmental spending policy. The Sassanid elites will not have to expend revenue (which depended upon successful war loot) on wasteful and poorly performing standing armies. All funds can go to constructing free cities to acquire greater state revenues and then in outfitting the Great Houses with gifts to sponsor more disciplined and strong cavalry-based armies. This will maintain the same sort of keen military prowess that the Arsacids and early Sassanids were famous for and hence avoid the disasters of the Arab victories across Mesopotamia. In the slightest, after initial defeats, they will recover, having still a coalition of the Great Houses and hence overwhelm the Arabs with cavalry.

In Byzantium, I am not sure. Time the Arab invasion during a civil war similar to the one following the death of Emperor Maurice. Say, instead of Heraclius asserting his power, he is slain too.. If the post changes more than three times in a single war, the Arabs may be able to take Constantinople through a combination of deception, treason and brute force. Meanwhile, the Sassandis either hold everything east of the Euphrates or east of the Zagros.
depends when he is killed if dies of in nineveh nothing much since Constantine III is old enough to be emperor the same goes if he dies in 626 (the siege was won with out him) and heck even 625 would need to die very early on a good place would be antioch in 613 or have the avars kill him in 622.
so a pod of he dies in 628 after war is well stable he already won and there are no other claimants since Heraklonas is not old enougth to be emperor and the sassanids are killing eachother so it defeats the whole point of the pod , but if you have heraclius die in 613 thats at least in some time is a persian wank same for 622 but to a lesser extend but then if the war ends circa 615 you can still have khosrow II cause another civil war despite his victory.

depends when he is killed if dies of in nineveh nothing much since Constantine III is old enough to be emperor the same goes if he dies in 626 (the siege was won with out him) and heck even 625 would need to die very early on a good place would be antioch in 613 or have the avars kill him in 622.
so a pod of he dies in 628 after war is well stable he already won and there are no other claimants since Heraklonas is not old enougth to be emperor and the sassanids are killing eachother so it defeats the whole point of the pod , but if you have heraclius die in 613 thats at least in some time is a persian wank same for 622 but to a lesser extend but then if the war ends circa 615 you can still have khosrow II cause another civil war despite his victory.

OOC: This a DBAHC from a timeline where the Byzantines fell and the Sassanids survived.

Yeah you need to invert the Annus Horribilis the ERE(what is a byzantine to begin with? that is not a furniture?)(reminder thy always called the greek as romans) and allow persia got some, i doubt a few Shah would be enough, he would be overthrow if was that terrible, Persia Semi-Federated sphere did helped unity unlike the backstabbing Exarchs.

Again it would change the world, Muslim Romanizes faster and become the new 'Roman Empire' in the medditeranean, from Rumelia to Andalus.