Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Ugh, So i when press a de jure claim on Munster, How do I make sure that I add it to my demense? and not just to my temporary holdings? I have a feeling most of my current counties are not in my demense?

If I create the duchy of munster (With desmond, Thoromund), do they get added to my demense even if lets say desmond is ruled by a vassal that is not in my dynasty? (ruler was a press claimaint)

You don't have to have 7 provinces in your demesne to become King, it is advisable to have as many provinces as your demesne limit allows and then give the remainder to loyal counts.

If you create the Duchy of Munster, either the provinces were already in your demesne, or they weren't (i.e., someone else was count there) but the ducal title didn't exist yet. It is very important that you understand that the County of X and the Duchy of X are different entities.

I've had this problem with lower rank claims too though. As HRE my brother mysteriously got a claim on the kingdom of Sicily. I pressed it, thinking to add another client king to my unwieldy empire, and he went independent!

Of course, I'm his heir because he's a syphilitic homosexual and has no children, so I could just murder him, but it's the principle of the thing!

Was your brother your vassal beforehand? If he wasn't, he would become independent.

Grant him land before pressing the claims, any barony will do.

Was your brother your vassal beforehand? If he wasn't, he would become independent.

Grant him land before pressing the claims, any barony will do.

Yeah I gave him a pity county in bumfuckistan when he came of age.

I think it might just be that he's a King. I've never had this problem with Dukes and below. You can't vassalize Kings diplomatically either, even if they're close relatives and there's a vast power difference.

Yes, Emperors and Kings work in bizarre ways. An Emperor cannot create a King title, for example. This will be changed in the upcoming patch:
1.05 is introducing a concept called Dynamic Kingdoms. The original release introduced the concept of de-jure kingdoms, but they were 100% static, and each province belonged to a kingdom from the start to the end of the game. While this system had its advantages, there were some slight drawbacks to it, and we wanted to improve upon it.

The first feature of this concept is the fact that duchies can now be assimilated into another de-jure kingdom, after belong to that kingdom for at least 100 years. So if England holds Normandy for 100 years, it will become a de-jure part of England, and the crown-laws of England will apply to Normandy. This also makes the unification of Spain, as one Kingdom, a long-term practical goal

We also introduced the concept of creating titular titles, if you hold the scripted capital. Titular titles are more expensive to create than titles that have land already de-jure to them. This means that you can now create the Kingdom of Venice if you so desire..

We have also added quite a lot of kingdoms to the map from the start, so that some of the major ones like France and Germany are slightly less powerful blocks at the start of the game. Frisia, Lotharingia, Bavaria, Pomerania, Aquitaine and Britanny are now de jure kingdoms from 1066, even if they are not actual titles held by someone. If they are not created and held by someone they will eventually be assimilated.

Some changes to kingdom setup also include Galicia and Navarre being de jure kingdoms, and the kingdom of Al-Andalus is now called Andalusia and can be created by anyone in the Arabic culture group.

An interesting mechanic change is that a kingdom can only be created if you are already a king or emperor, OR you hold more than one duchy title. After all, who would respect a mere duke claiming to be a king.

Kings and Emperors can now also take counties inside their de-jure realms, as we changed how Ducal Claims work to now be a "De Jure Claim", so if you as King of Burgundy holds a province that is de jure France, France can always attack you for it.

Yes, Emperors and Kings work in bizarre ways. An Emperor cannot create a King title, for example. This will be changed in the upcoming patch:

That's cool. I knew the patch was fixing crusades, but all those other tweaks are definitely a plus.

Anyone getting the upcoming DLC character editor? I'm thinking it might be worth it for the COA editor alone...

So if I have a half-sister/step daughter who is in my dynasty, To recieve the claims to titles of the male heir of another country/children in MY court..I have to use matrinerial marriage correct?

So if I have a half-sister/step daughter who is in my dynasty, To recieve the claims to titles of the male heir of another country/children in MY court..I have to use matrinerial marriage correct?

Yes. But it is very unlikely that the AI will accept a matrilineal marriage with a heir: it isn't that dumb. It will probably accept with someone far down in the line of succession: nothing a few assassins can't fix.

Yes. But it is very unlikely that the AI will accept a matrilineal marriage with a heir: it isn't that dumb. It will probably accept with someone far down in the line of succession: nothing a few assassins can't fix.

I've read one way to get around that is to find a claimaint to a land title, invite them to your court, then marry off the claimaint to your court, pop out a few kids, and then give them the land title?

Tellus

Banned
Dynastic expansion game circa 1200. :)

ck2_37.jpg

I'm tired as fuck of twhacking rebels for my cousins on the thrones of Rus, Byzantium and Ireland-Brythonnia, though. Would be much easier to just grab an Imperial title and rule it all myself, but I wanted a change from world conquest, limited my directly-ruled area to basically the whole Mediterranean coastline minus Byzantium. Still, it's fun to kick back in Nova-Roma, Sicily, knowing your sprawling dynasty is conquering the world for you.

I suspect that within a generation I could get the living family size up to 1K, probably 2K by game end, sitting on every throne and duchy. Hell, I have blood-drops even as lowly Barons all over the place.

Game map here

Last edited:
I pursued my game. Louis VII of France, Castille and Aragon has now earned himself the nickname "the Fat". His impopularity was due to the fact he had three of the seven sins: glutonny, sloth and pride. Thanks to me managing a few things, he knows is brave (thus no longer slothe) and gentle.

I have avoided the rebellions of the 14 nobles that threatened me... On the other, Duke Guilhèm of Aragon who I freed rebelled once again. It's the fifth time he goes to prison: he should know the place pretty well by now.

Louis VII has currently two daughters and the both of them are in their 40s. His heir is still his half brother Leonard, who has married the Duchess of Conacht. He has two sons: Payen and Onfroy. Those names make me wanna cry... I'm probably going to have to murder the wife of Louis VII and remarry him.

In other news, Hungary and Poland are now in Personnal Union, which makes one heck of a country...

And a small question to finish my report: before Leonard (my heir and the half brother of my King Louis VII) had his two sons, he was listed as the only heir to the French crown: normally, there are three people shown. Leonard is far from being the last Capet as the next-in-line are the Capets of the Aragon line. Can someone explain this to me?

My game kept crashing on a certain date as well. I loaded an autosave from about 7 months prior and it worked fine.

Your difficulty is that the crash is on Jan 1, so you'll have to start from the previous autosave and lose a year. :(
Yay thanks! That solved the problem!

Could someone explain how alliances work? I know you cant call up vassals, but it seems pretty random which allies are avaliable for me to call and which arnt even if they arnt vassals.

I like to think my diplomacy and strategic marriages for alliances were worth something but it appears all my allies are 'unable to be called to war' (they have red names on the alliance screen). :confused:

Tellus

Banned
Huzzah!

Also, I just found a clubfooted hunchback who happens to be a 'great swordsman'. Not quite sure how that works.

He's a small target to hit because he's always hunched and he can use one of his feet as a secondary weapon because he had it replaced by a club! :)

Seems like someone I'd rather drop at 50 feet with a longbow!

How are you guys doing so good?

I'm playing as d'anjou and it's 1214, haven't gotten kingdom yet, and I only own a couple counties beside what I started with and the king gave me those :/

Also how do I spread my dynasty so fast like th poster above me? Or do I gotta be a king?

How are you guys doing so good?

I'm playing as d'anjou and it's 1214, haven't gotten kingdom yet, and I only own a couple counties beside what I started with and the king gave me those :/

Also how do I spread my dynasty so fast like th poster above me? Or do I gotta be a king?
Well you can read my (long) post a few pages back. Im pretty much in the same boat as you. :(

11 years and still haven't been able to attack Munster, eventually imprisoned and then assainated the wife after she plot to kill me because I had a affair with my uncles wife which resulted in two kids. Married a courtier with awesome stats so she can give me some educated kids but the best part is she has a claim on ormond! Which means I can usurp Munster!

So finally created kingdom of Ireland, only have 3 counties left on Ireland. Have a county in wales, and have 2 claims over there

Started as Konradin von Hohenstauffen in 1258. Currently I'm his great grandson in 133?, can't remember. Right off the bat I got a claim on Lombardia and took the Ducal title away from Whatsisfuck IX. I am not Holy Roman Emperor, but the current one went crazy and killed his wife and 5 kids and like thirty people in line to the throne of byzantium. I now own Provence, am Duke of Genoa, Duke of Lombardia, Duke of Swabia, and count of several places and baron of several. :D