Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I think Legendary bloodlines have been a standalone mod and part of most overhauls since launch. It's not unique to Elder Kings and can be argued to have started in the base game with the Islamic traits and the later Saoshyant traits.

I think Legendary bloodlines have been a standalone mod and part of most overhauls since launch. It's not unique to Elder Kings and can be argued to have started in the base game with the Islamic traits and the later Saoshyant traits.

My thinking on Legendary bloodlines is... What took them so long? :D

Saoshyant and Dragonborn are almost identical traits. :p

Though I am glad they will be incorporated. Playing as the Whiteshirt Dynasty I always thought it was really really weird my brothers don't have an opinion boost despite being... brothers. Now there can be a common factor uniting the Sons of Lodbrok.

It's just been announced, but out of curiosity, what is everyone excited about with the new DLC? I personally am really looking forward to some of the new pagan mechanics, primarily the new reformation system.

Pagan reformation in its own right, bloodlines depending on how moddable it'll be, will have to see what the 'sway/antagonize neighbours' thing actually is.

I'm eager for the bloodline system myself.
One of the main things I'm interested in pertaining to bloodlines are the modding capabilities of it, as many mods make use of similar mechanics already but through the use of traits. Off the top of my head, The Winter King and Lux Invicta would both be able to make fantastic use of this new mechanic.

One of the main things I'm interested in pertaining to bloodlines are the modding capabilities of it, as many mods make use of similar mechanics already but through the use of traits. Off the top of my head, The Winter King and Lux Invicta would both be able to make fantastic use of this new mechanic.

The Game of Thrones mod as well: such a system would be able to simulate the in-universe distrust or loyalty of a House for another, so that things like the Manderlys or the Mormonts betraying the Starks for no reason at all won't happen as often as they currently do.

Paradox haven't explicitly said yet, but looking at the numbers it looks as if personal combat will be changed, at least in increased granularity of personal combat capabiity increases/decreases (they've shown several screens with increases that would be huge in the current balancing).

I don't care about pagan reformation at all but I like how Eastern Europe looks now and I'm super interested to hear about this bit where you can sweet-talk minor realms into being your vassal or provoke them into attacking.

I am being extremely foolish and trying my hand at modding, just to see if I can pull together an expanded Sahel with more content for Mali. There's no reason that the Mali area should forever be a hideous backwater.

I kind of want to do an event-scripted Rise of Sundiata Keita event chain. Or set it up so you can appoint a griot who'll pop some random events and feed you prestige if he's good at his job. Or have events where a marabout can visit your court and impart wisdom. Or in some way integrate a trade route or something to show the value of the gold trade.