Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

B-29_Bomber

Banned
I was able to convince my US history teacher to buy CKII. He's still in the "WTF! I'M SO OVERWHELMED!" stage, though.

I'm still teaching him that the best way to win is to leave a trail of bodies a mile wide, thousands of miles long, and ten miles deep and to seduce your family and everyone else.

The prison system really needs some tweaking. Everyone should get to blind and castrate and keep in prison forever. Or maybe just choose to maim them?

And also to marry the Byzantine princess you captured in the last war to you inbred retarded son. Not for the claim, just because you can.

Two generations of wedding cousins led to a quick strong inbred boy who incapabled himself. Luckily he's third in line to the throne.

Two generations of wedding cousins led to a quick strong inbred boy who incapabled himself. Luckily he's third in line to the throne.

With my luck the first in line dies of an illness and the second dies in battle somehow. Then it would be incapable inbred ahoy!

With my luck the first in line dies of an illness and the second dies in battle somehow. Then it would be incapable inbred ahoy!

At any rate, since I'm purposefully doing lots of cousin cousin marriages in keeping with Spanish history, im okay with this. Eventually he'd die and his younger brothers would take over.

On another note, Im always slightly apprehensive about marrying into the Western European portraits because I don't want to corrupt my beautiful Iberian portraits and end up with an ugly French looking person -.- only bringing that up because my current heir is betrothed to a non same dynast solely because she's the duchess of Catalonia/Barcelona and I want to incorporate that into Aragonese Castiella.

So, I had one of the most unlucky Game Overs in all my history at playing Crusader Kings II... In the Game of Thrones mod no less.

I lost because some pretender to the Iron Throne (that may or may be not Aegon VI depending on who you ask) landed with the Golden Company and usurped my throne so that Game Mechanics allow it to try to push his claim to the Iron Throne.

Reported it to the mod team because it's a pretty annoying game over...

So I'm playing the Game of Thrones mod as Tywin Lannister, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and all-around badass. No nonsense, to be taken seriously at all times, etc.
Then this happens.
AB4C901E22D308A2C0C1185D1F1840992BA7B473

I'm sure this has happened to a few of you, but it always gets a chuckle from me when male characters; particularly serious ones like Tywin, are chosen as the "Queen of Love and Beauty".

So I'm playing the Game of Thrones mod as Tywin Lannister, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and all-around badass. No nonsense, to be taken seriously at all times, etc.
Then this happens.

I'm sure this has happened to a few of you, but it always gets a chuckle from me when male characters; particularly serious ones like Tywin, are chosen as the "Queen of Love and Beauty".

Why wouldn't they pick sexy sexy Tywin?

tumblr_mmhe5loCge1rudny5o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mmhe5loCge1rudny5o2_r1_250.gif

I'm pretty happy that the current King was able to betrothe his newborn great-granddaughter to his newborn son. #wincest

This is old news, I think, but I've come to realize that seduction is hilariously broken. Literally every single major kingdom in Christendom has at least one bastard child of mine, whether the "fathers" know or not. I've know this for some time.

But it really hit me how hilarious this addon was when I got syphilis after seducing the Pope.

This is old news, I think, but I've come to realize that seduction is hilariously broken. Literally every single major kingdom in Christendom has at least one bastard child of mine, whether the "fathers" know or not. I've know this for some time.

But it really hit me how hilarious this addon was when I got syphilis after seducing the Pope.

Seduction is sooooooo broken. It almost never fails, and oftentimes my nobles all have the same few lovers, making the nobility a hotbed of venereal disease. And there are so many bastards--either known or unknown--running around; the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre, Varangian Guard and Ecumenical Patriarchate thank them for their service.

Seduction is sooooooo broken. It almost never fails, and oftentimes my nobles all have the same few lovers, making the nobility a hotbed of venereal disease. And there are so many bastards--either known or unknown--running around; the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre, Varangian Guard and Ecumenical Patriarchate thank them for their service.
It's gotten to the point where I can't even make out the individual faces in the "children" tab anymore. There's also the fact that one of my bastards is now the Emperor of Francia, which is even better because he's obviously not his father's son (he's ethnically Ethiopian like my character, and very much looks it). This addon is just hours of fun, and for example a multiplayer game with a friend of mine devolved into a race to have bastards with each others' wives.

It's gotten to the point where I can't even make out the individual faces in the "children" tab anymore. There's also the fact that one of my bastards is now the Emperor of Francia, which is even better because he's obviously not his father's son (he's ethnically Ethiopian like my character, and very much looks it). This addon is just hours of fun, and for example a multiplayer game with a friend of mine devolved into a race to have bastards with each others' wives.

They all look the same, eh?

And I feel like they should make it so that if the child has a "graphical culture" different than both parents, the cuckold figures out the kid is a bastard.

The one thing I hate about HIP is that every time a bastard starts a new dynasty it's Smith. I'm playing as a Hispanic culture group in Iberia. At least give the bastards a super common Spanish surname.