Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

B-29_Bomber said:
How's everyone handling the new forum?
It's pretty simple to use... But I think I favored the old version.
Dirk said:
Is there no AAR subforum yet for you guys as well?
It's there but it has been moved actually. I don't like the idea but that's mainly because the links to its new location are bugged.

Do yall execute your family members when they revolt?

I've been playing with the HIP mod as a custom dynasty in Iberia and a Seniority Succession faction revolted when my previous ruler died and his firstborn son inherited. The revolvers included two of the new king's brothers and one of his newphews (son of a revolting brother). During the civil war, my character stormed the nephews castle but he wasn't there. Since my character was proud I decided he would take the revolt as a slight against his honor and so he executed the nephews family, meaning the wife (who was also my character's half sister), their three sons and their daughter, were executed, thus getting my character the cruel trait. Following the end of the war, the nephew and two brothers were also executed and thus, at least one branch of my dynasty was extinguished when all of its infantes were put to the sword for rebellion.

It depends on how you play the characters. My current game, my first King is still alive... so there isn't a reason to start any revolts yet. And I also circumvent this by giving my first born son the heir to the titles in question, while other titles go to the other sons. The second son is king of Burgundy, while the third is of Bohemia, the fourth of Frisia, fifth of Poland, sixth of Lithuania, seventh of Bavaria, eighth of Frisia... meanwhile two of his sons rule kingdoms outside my realm. (Sweden and Carpathia respectively).

Castrate, blind, revoke and occasionally execute; all titles return to me in good time because I'm the Rhoman Emperor..

Castratian and blinding can't be done by Iberians sadly. At any rate, there are enough Princes of the Blood in the de Trastamara family thanks to my first character popping out a number of sons and the sons popping out sons, too. However, since my goal is to keep most of the marriages in the family with cousin cousin , uncle niece, aunt nephews, etc. weddings, who knows how long my branches will last.

Gotta keep it in true Iberian fashion: incest and murder.

I'm far too kind a player to kill anyone really... I've never executed a prisonner save maybe Jaime Lannister while playing as Robb Stark in Game of Thrones (and that was more or less RP). And I've never plotted to kill someone unless he murdered one of my family members...

My kinslayer King just died from gluttony after getting his new Byzzie wife to pop out a son. So now the Aragonese de Trastamara Kings of Castiella have been Arias I, Galindo, and, Arias II who just succeeded his father after the late king's gut exploded from over eating.

Dirk

Banned
My kinslayer King just died from gluttony after getting his new Byzzie wife to pop out a son. So now the Aragonese de Trastamara Kings of Castiella have been Arias I, Galindo, and, Arias II who just succeeded his father after the late king's gut exploded from over eating.

Ahaha at first when you were talking about Iberians I thought you were playing in Armenia or Georgia. Damn EU:Rome has me mixed up geographically.

It's better to not execute rebels once you defeat them, since someone in jail can't rebel or join plots any more. If you kill them, you just make people mad and allow their heirs to start messing around, whereas if you keep them in your dungeon they're 100% loyal.

Unless they're random rebellion-spawned characters

Or your character is already 50+. I don't mind executing/banishing rebel leaders and taking tyranny if my character will probably be dead in a few years anyway. Even if not, by that point the long reign bonus will cancel the malus out.

It's better to not execute rebels once you defeat them, since someone in jail can't rebel or join plots any more. If you kill them, you just make people mad and allow their heirs to start messing around, whereas if you keep them in your dungeon they're 100% loyal.

That's why you kill their heirs too when they get imprisoned from storming the castle

Dirk

Banned

If they have the money, I almost always ask for ransom. If they almost have enough money, I wait and ask for ransom. If they're not even close and gaining maybe 0.1 gold per month, depending on the situation I'll release, blind, castrate, or execute. Usually if I blind I'll cheat to imprison them again and castrate, because I have no idea why Paradox doesn't let us do both (and STILL keep them in prison).

If they have the money, I almost always ask for ransom. If they almost have enough money, I wait and ask for ransom. If they're not even close and gaining maybe 0.1 gold per month, depending on the situation I'll release, blind, castrate, or execute. Usually if I blind I'll cheat to imprison them again and castrate, because I have no idea why Paradox doesn't let us do both (and STILL keep them in prison).

The prison system really needs some tweaking. Everyone should get to blind and castrate and keep in prison forever. Or maybe just choose to maim them?

I'm not playing Crusader Kings 2 to not kill people! Indulging my bloodthirsty side is half of the fun

Or your character is already 50+. I don't mind executing/banishing rebel leaders and taking tyranny if my character will probably be dead in a few years anyway. Even if not, by that point the long reign bonus will cancel the malus out.

I once went on a particulalrly tyranical spree with that reasoning, the dude lived til his mid 70s:p