Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

bt, i hear they're making a new DLC for CK2. again.

“Paradox, thou art cruel”, an aria by Parisotti, from the long-lost opera Paradox Interactive, a love story in five parts.

Paradox, thou art cruel, with thy bitter barbs of DLCs!

When wilt thy painful thorns of price
Cease breaking down my wallet?

O lovely was the game you made,
And lovelier still the choices thou gavest me,
But now thou hast wrapped me in thorns,
And left me here to languish.

They did promise ~2 years of DLC ~1 year ago.

Lateknight

Banned
So... I tried the Ireland approach. I still struggle to get claims. Is there anyway to speed up the process?

Marriage+Murder can net you some claims pretty quick for example you can marry the daughter guy who's claim you want then kill him and his heirs until a person until the title can be contested by a weak claim then press your wife's claim then your heir will have both titles when he inherits.

Marriage+Murder can net you some claims pretty quick for example you can marry the daughter guy who's claim you want then kill him and his heirs until a person until the title can be contested by a weak claim then press your wife's claim then your heir will have both titles when he inherits.

Yeah. There's nothing quite like marrying for a duchy in Bavaria, realizing its Agnatic-Cognatic Seniority, then assassinating your wife's entire family one by one until she finally inherits...including getting relatives who are competent excommunicated by the pope whom you control to his/her courtiers to hate them.

Good times.

So... I tried the Ireland approach. I still struggle to get claims. Is there anyway to speed up the process?
Click on "Find Characters", search for: Men, Your Religion Group, Not Ruler, Great House = Yes and organize by diplomacy score. Find someone who'll accept your invitation to court, make them your chancellor. They should be able to fabricate claims fairly quickly.

Click on "Find Characters", search for: Men, Your Religion Group, Not Ruler, Great House = Yes and organize by diplomacy score. Find someone who'll accept your invitation to court, make them your chancellor. They should be able to fabricate claims fairly quickly.

If they are lowborn you can also matrilineally marry them to a noblewoman in your court, or invite their wife if she hates his liege.

Dirk

Banned

Why not Great House = Any? Some of my best diplomats have been lowborn.

Can't invi if they have no claims; in order to get claims, they need to be lowborn.

What? Yes you can. I do it all the time. Personally what I try to do is find someone with grey eminence and okay traits (don't have to have a high score really), then get my next character to have the trait, and train my next c
chancellor personally. From there the knowledge just kind of spreads.