Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Latest dev diary was about how they're expanding Crusade mechanics to reflect events like the Children's Crusade, the Sheperd's Crusade and finally the Fourth Crusade.

Holy Fury's looking more and more appealing.

Been some time since someone posted here and it was me last time. Don't know if that counts as double posting...

Anyway, the last Dev Diary was about the things that are coming with the patch released alongside Holy Fury. Africa is getting a big rework:
  • Provinces map is being completely redrawn in Africa. No more rectagular counties in that part of the map. Also attempts to make the are look more like what it used to.
  • The Kindgom of Mauretania is renamed Maghreb.
  • A new Empire-level composed of the Kingdoms of Maghreb and Africa: the Empire of Maghreb. This reduces the size of the Arabian Empire.
  • The map area around Mali is being expanded, doubling the original number of provinces. There are now two new de-jure Kingdoms in the area alongside Mali: Ghana and Shongay. All of them are part of the Empire of Mali.
  • Addition of the Kanem-Bornu Empire and the area around Lake Chad. This leads to addition of a new de-jure Empire: Kanem-Bornu. It's made up of two Kingdoms: Hausaland (three duchies) and Kanem (four duchies).
  • Addition of the Trans-saharan trade route. It will require Horse Lords or Jade Dragon to be playable. It basically works like the silk road except its base trade value is low but by contrast controlling key points will be more worth it. Mali will notably have the possibility of building Gold Mines in certain key trade posts.
  • West African religion is now renamed to African due to the addition of Kanem-Bornu.
  • New set of Shields and Coat of Arms for the African religion. They are based on the ornated shields used by African tribes.
Now granted, Africa was never really the main point of interest of this game. Still, it's nice to see the level of effort they're putting to make the area more interesting.

This next update for CKII looks to be a very big and interesting one.

Sounds good - i've just started a new game again.

Been a while since i've played properly so going for nice boring - start as Wessex XD.

In 5 years Mercia had vasalissed every state around me except me, so i'm waiting for Offa to die currently.

Sounds good - i've just started a new game again.

Been a while since i've played properly so going for nice boring - start as Wessex XD.

In 5 years Mercia had vasalissed every state around me except me, so i'm waiting for Offa to die currently.
If you can swear fealty do that and eat them from within like a tumor.

Been some time since someone posted here and it was me last time. Don't know if that counts as double posting...

Anyway, the last Dev Diary was about the things that are coming with the patch released alongside Holy Fury. Africa is getting a big rework:
  • Provinces map is being completely redrawn in Africa. No more rectagular counties in that part of the map. Also attempts to make the are look more like what it used to.
  • The Kindgom of Mauretania is renamed Maghreb.
  • A new Empire-level composed of the Kingdoms of Maghreb and Africa: the Empire of Maghreb. This reduces the size of the Arabian Empire.
  • The map area around Mali is being expanded, doubling the original number of provinces. There are now two new de-jure Kingdoms in the area alongside Mali: Ghana and Shongay. All of them are part of the Empire of Mali.
  • Addition of the Kanem-Bornu Empire and the area around Lake Chad. This leads to addition of a new de-jure Empire: Kanem-Bornu. It's made up of two Kingdoms: Hausaland (three duchies) and Kanem (four duchies).
  • Addition of the Trans-saharan trade route. It will require Horse Lords or Jade Dragon to be playable. It basically works like the silk road except its base trade value is low but by contrast controlling key points will be more worth it. Mali will notably have the possibility of building Gold Mines in certain key trade posts.
  • West African religion is now renamed to African due to the addition of Kanem-Bornu.
  • New set of Shields and Coat of Arms for the African religion. They are based on the ornated shields used by African tribes.
Now granted, Africa was never really the main point of interest of this game. Still, it's nice to see the level of effort they're putting to make the area more interesting.

This next update for CKII looks to be a very big and interesting one.
This makes me giddy. And it works out because I was tearing my hair out trying to pull together a decent mod for the region on my own. Guess I bit off more than I could chew....

link for that pls i cant seem to find it is their a picture of the culture map?
Here's the start of the relevant Dev Diary thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-95-amending-africa.1114195/

The post in question (on page 2):
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-amending-africa.1114195/page-2#post-24554685

And the specific image referenced (look toward the top-right of the image, right under the little red pause symbol):
ck2_179.png

Here's the start of the relevant Dev Diary thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-95-amending-africa.1114195/

The post in question (on page 2):
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-amending-africa.1114195/page-2#post-24554685

And the specific image referenced (look toward the top-right of the image, right under the little red pause symbol):
ck2_179.png

Finally, I'll be able to drive the Arabian invaders out of Egypt and restore the glory of Ⲭⲏⲙⲓ. Sure, they worship a God that doesn't have the head of an animal but... close enough? XD

Does anyone know can you form your own famous bloodlines without needing to be part of the warrior lodges i.e. i normally play umayyads or a custom Egyptian character can i still make famous bloodlines with them?