Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Planet of Hats Byzantoclast Donor

I've pitched this a few times and it never goes anywhere. The one I really want to see is Iqta government reworked so that levies are comparatively unimportant by default and you can instead create ghilman and other large retinues to give yourself a professional army based on highly-paid mercenaries. You'd end up with a playstyle more based on wealth, economics and having the cash in the bank to pay for your professional mercenaries.

Geordie and haider najib like this.
  2. haider najib Well-Known Member

True i did as well got a lot of likes on the paradox forum for it.

I want the iqta to stop being just muslim feudal. It would be cool if you have a good character everything is much easier and you can curbstomp anyone looking at you, but if you have a bad ruler the realm should be on verge of collapse and civil war. Iqta should represent the two extremes of the muslim politics good rulers such as abd al rahman, saladin type characters should be really strong but also represent the extreme bad if a ruler is bad or weak the realm should be fracturing and collapsing.

Btw what were your pitches?

Admiral A. Kolchak likes this.
  3. wcv215 Well-Known Member

No. I haven't even seen one in games where the Muslim empires are supposed to break apart. The Caliph dies and...nothing. Again, and again, and again. Just an eternal massive blob.

GJohn902 and haider najib like this.
  4. haider najib Well-Known Member

Tbf the caliphate i get not collapsing into civil war all the time places such as Andalusia should be going into civil war. The problem is the islamic empire territories broke away, which is not represented in the game if the ruler or kingdom is weak strong vassals should be able to break away without the the independence faction style and the same with border territories.

5. Yorel Well-Known Member

I personnally remember a few civil wars happening in Muslim territories in the long run... Problem is that most were Decadence related. And they generally didn't end up breaking the state into pieces, just cause it to be split by infighting for a few years and then it was back at full strength basically.

6. haider najib Well-Known Member

To be fair it has to be balanced if all relams just break up the muslims will just fall every game and be conquered by the Christians every game which already happens alot if you dont play the early dates. I don't want to see Byzantium constantly conquering the middle east.

7. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

[​IMG]

Coming soon: Paradox employees try to suggest Hearts of Iron to the 16 year old granddaughter of the Emperor of Japan, sparking yet another crisis in East Asia in the process.

8. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

And Tencent leaving Paradox Interactive out to dry.

haider najib likes this.
  9. haider najib Well-Known Member

Holh shit i would pay if they got descended of hohenzollern, ottomans, habsburg, bourbons, richard 3 decendents to play a mulitplayer campaign in crusader, europa and vicky. The meta would be out there.

10. Yorel Well-Known Member

For the 100th Dev Diary, Paradox has announced it's reworking Duels. Personnal Combat ability have been reworked, and traits as well as opinion will also have an influence on the battle results. Characters with high intrigue (or who have a very friendly and loyal spymaster) can also find ways to win beyond brute force: Martial is thus not the only thing that matters.

To better reflect this, they've also reworked battle events so that leading troops becomes fun once again and that you don't end up becoming Incapable for the rest of your life. The risk will still be there of course, but they're going to rework battle events so they become more dynamic. Can't wait to see my character swearing revenge on the ennemy commander because his cat got killed by a stray arrow :closedtongue:

Finally, the most important part of this dev diary: cosmetic stuff! They reworked the way scarring works: there are now three stages with different visuals to accompany them. They've also worked their way so that you don't always end up with the same scars. They also added new visuals for temporary minor injuries (like a black eye, which is new) as well as for the harelip trait. Aslo you can now have Freckles! Hell, apparently, you can be covered in blood after a duel or a battle...

Finally, if you join a Warrior Lodge or are members of a certain religion... You can get Warpaints and Tatoos! Warpaints are temporary, Tatoos are permanent.

Most of this will be in the free patch: only what is specifically linked to Holy Fury will be in the DLC. So no Warpaint or Tatoos linked to Warrior Lodges if you don't have Holy Fury for example.

Whiteshore, Jammy and haider najib like this.
  11. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

inb4 Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia punches Louis Alphonse de Bourbon in the face after being invaded by the Big Blue Blob