Could anyone make a new flag for Michigan?

Flags%20of%20Michigan.png
these are very good! good job sir/ma'm!

Krall

Banned
Here are some ideas I came up with now, based on common elements in these proposals. The symbolism should be fairly self-explanatory. The stars are in this united arrangement to reflect "e pluribus unum"/"out of many, one" which is on the state seal.
The last one has the advantage of resembling a shield when it is hung vertically, referencing one of the state mottos "Tuebor", Latin for "I defend".
I do like that last one - it's the simplest design of the lot, but also appeals to my love for unconventional flag designs. :D

Something like that. I've never really been a fan of super-long aspect ratio flags. Would look better if a tad bit shortened.

I think the long aspect ratio (1:2, not "super" long) fits here because it makes the shield look shield-like, and frames the stars well. Do you feel that there might be too much blue space?

!!Alert!! this is only stereotypical !!Alert!!
ok i found this (yes i found it, i dont know where all i know is i didn't make it) and i thought of Michigen...
upload_2016-11-23_18-43-43.png

just replace the Chevy with Ford and this is spot on...*kisses fingers*

Looking at the seal again, I can definitely see the influence with the shield as well?
If the recent developments go through, you should definitely submit that!

Here are some ideas I came up with now, based on common elements in these proposals. The symbolism should be fairly self-explanatory. The stars are in this united arrangement to reflect "e pluribus unum"/"out of many, one" which is on the state seal.
The last one has the advantage of resembling a shield when it is hung vertically, referencing one of the state mottos "Tuebor", Latin for "I defend".

I like how in number 6, the white fimbriations make an M shape - how would it look if you added similar stripes to the top and bottom of the green areas on the last one?

here is my version of a new Michigan flag:
upload_2016-11-26_22-30-53-png.297096

the symbolism should be quite simple and self explanatory, thoughts?

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-26_22-32-53.png
    upload_2016-11-26_22-32-53.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 232