Challenge: Marvel and DC merge

Your challenge is, at any point after their OTL foundings, to have DC and Marvel merge as companies. Or, if you wish, have them owned by the same benefactor.

IRC in the late 70's Marvel was just a little inch from buying DC, it was just after the clousure of many of their title, but there were problem with the right of superman and co. outside the comic medium.
Maybe a more skilled negotiator or a compromise and ta da mike mine marvel

Or have Ted Turner (CNN, WCW, WTBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Atlanta Braves) buy Marvel during the 1980s. when Time-Warner (who owns DC) buys out Turner, Time-Warner adds Marvel to DC.

Stan the Man...

I don't know how it could happen but having Stan run the merger would be truly ground breaking. Also there is several crossovers already with out the said merger. I'm interested in how the crossover would take place with this merger. Could we also see a longer lasting Amalgamation series.

Going off of the above poster, Jack Kirby (also known as the King of Comics) worked with Stan Lee for years in Marvel and also worked in DC comics. Maybe have better collaboration between the two men creating their characters, which leads to a better relationship between Marvel and DC? After all, Kirby did move between Marvel and DC for a good part of his career. Eventually, the two companies merge into a single corporation.

Going off of the above poster, Jack Kirby (also known as the King of Comics) worked with Stan Lee for years in Marvel and also worked in DC comics. Maybe have better collaboration between the two men creating their characters, which leads to a better relationship between Marvel and DC? After all, Kirby did move between Marvel and DC for a good part of his career. Eventually, the two companies merge into a single corporation.

Kirby's Left for DC because he felt he was being cheated.

a better Relationship between Himself, Lee and Marvel might keep him from ever going to DC.

I don't know how it could happen but having Stan run the merger would be truly ground breaking. Also there is several crossovers already with out the said merger. I'm interested in how the crossover would take place with this merger. Could we also see a longer lasting Amalgamation series.

Both editor have a multiverse so they can be depicted simple as another alternate universe earth, the funny thing is DC has in house counterpart for the avengers called the assembles and Marvel have the Squadron Supreme a counterpart for the Justice League it will be funny ses the original with the other version

Maybe a early crisis of infinite earths type cross-over, entsablishing the respective role or the two earths, becouse frankly Gotham and Metropolis feel ill suited for the Marvel universe, probably will be depicted as the JLA/Avengers crossover of some years ago and done by Kurt Busied and George Lopez ( the comment by Superman and Captain America on the other editor earths are priceless and spot on)

Both editor have a multiverse so they can be depicted simple as another alternate universe earth......Maybe a early crisis of infinite earths type cross-over, entsablishing the respective role or the two earths, becouse frankly Gotham and Metropolis feel ill suited for the Marvel universe

That could work.

Thanos6

Banned
If this did happen back in the 70's, when big ultra-mergers were viewed with much less approval than today, do you think anti-trust legislation could come into play?