Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

What would the trial of Kim be like? One wonders what it would be like, especially the security. Would would really be Kim's defense and prosecutorial witnesses? Still, the atmosphere at such a trial would be similar to post-1945 Tokyo and Nuremberg.

Wow, I honestly didn't expect that. Three new countries with nuclear weapons? I'm really sad that this TL is coming to an end.
In the next chapter, will you discuss how Poland's possession of nuclear weapons will change its internal situation and the situation in Europe? Because I would expect, among other things, the "new Sanation" in power for the next decade or the activation of the Intermarium project by the Visegrad Group and the Baltic countries.

The next update will be the final chapter of the timeline on this site (my final ever chapter written on this site), ending with the 2012 US President Election. I will add an extra chapter when I self-publish the story which will fill in some of the post 2012 material.
That's a surprisingly quick end to this timeline. Do you plan to add more content when you publish this as a book?

Its interesting to see a timeline that deconstructs both American ultra-interventionism and isolationism. On the one hand, we have the halkish policies of the neoconservatives, who exhaust global sympathy and domestic belief in the idea of a US as a protector of global stability all the while the economy takes a dump due to their actions. Who start unnecessary wars for very little real gain on both their part and the people whose countries they are invading.

On the other hand, we see the perils of isolationism and American non-interference in the world, where the US' unwillingness to really fundamentally involve themselves in the affairs and disputes between other nations only results in more danger to the world as US allies take dangerous actions that they otherwise wouldn't have if the US had greater domestic willpower for foreign involvement. All the while dictatorships around the world smell blood in the water and expand without being held back by an assertive US and without any other democratic country that can fill in the role America had.

That's a surprisingly quick end to this timeline. Do you plan to add more content when you publish this as a book?

This is roughly the word count I wanted when I started writing the timeline, so iI'm relatively happy with that. I'll add a little bit in the book, yes. We'll be heading very close to current politics after 2012, so adding those details in book format would be the best bet. If I have a lot of Pre 2012 US election material to get through, I may decide to add another chapter on the site here to spread things out - I wouldn't want to add a 10k word chapter.

Poland would announce on November 10th that they had developed nuclear weapons, throwing the European order into yet further bedlam.
Umm, that's nice and all, but we Poles have absolutely zero appropriate infrastructure to build a nuclear program on such short notice. We don't even have nuclear power plants, let alone any reactors bigger than those for medical use. If we got a nuclear arsenal, it's because either the French, British, or Americans gave us one. Most likely Americans, since they have the most to spare, plus here in Poland we unconditionally love every US President since Nixon, but it could be the Brits too maybe.

So basically North Korea's status is like OTL Northern Ireland or the Golan Heights in Syria??

It's rapidly evolving, but at the moment it's like Area C in Palestine with increasing steps to citizenship and guaranteed birthright citizenship to the ROK, with most current residents content that they're on a path to full citizenship.

Umm, that's nice and all, but we Poles have absolutely zero appropriate infrastructure to build a nuclear program on such short notice. We don't even have nuclear power plants, let alone any reactors bigger than those for medical use. If we got a nuclear arsenal, it's because either the French, British, or Americans gave us one. Most likely Americans, since they have the most to spare, plus here in Poland we unconditionally love every US President since Nixon, but it could be the Brits too maybe.

I'll add context, but the sky high oil prices led to Poland going fully into nuclear in the early 00s, and as it became clear Germany and the EU as a whole were indifferent to Russian designs, Poland made some worst case scenario preparations, ultimately getting some help from the Koreans and Israelis to push their nuclear program over the edge.

In the next chapter, will you discuss how Poland's possession of nuclear weapons will change its internal situation and the situation in Europe? Because I would expect, among other things, the "new Sanation" in power for the next decade
Oh fuck I hope not. With any luck, the same kind of partisan backstabbing that led to the downfall of the first Law and Justice government in 2007 would happen in this timeline as well, meaning the Civic Platform would be in charge of the Prime Minister's office, so they would be the ones getting the political boost from the nukes. Which, don't get me wrong, I don't like Tusk at all, but at least his party has basic respect for democracy, so at least we wouldn't devolve into a Putinist dictatorship

Not to mention the Rywin affair could be given the butterfly, oh how I wish it didn't happen so that our left wouldn't be wiped out completely for a more than a decade...

The alternate version of Hetalia in Bush Versus the Axis of Evil would be a mindscrew...we might actually see South Korea in the anime (where in OTL, he was banned from appearing in the anime because of protests of South Korean nationalists over his portrayal) and might be slightly different. We might even see a section about the Wars on Terror.

It is China that will ban demand Japan to stop airing Hetalia but to no avail.

Oh fuck I hope not. With any luck, the same kind of partisan backstabbing that led to the downfall of the first Law and Justice government in 2007 would happen in this timeline as well, meaning the Civic Platform would be in charge of the Prime Minister's office, so they would be the ones getting the political boost from the nukes. Which, don't get me wrong, I don't like Tusk at all, but at least his party has basic respect for democracy, so at least we wouldn't devolve into a Putinist dictatorship
You may be right, but I would advise you to think twice. The Civic Platform government acquires nuclear weapons? Apart from all the Polish prejudices and accusations of submission to Berlin and Brussels, Tusk does not seem to me to be a politician capable of doing this. Poland rather needs its own equivalent of Prime Minister Abe or President MB.

I get the feeling that South Korean right wingers do not care so much about the concept of the Korean race, and thus, they have an easy time hating the Northerners. It is some turnaround from LMB to stop being horrible to North Koreans.

Wellstone at least has the Iranians keeping an eye on the Mid East.

This guy juggling disastrous Bush administration policies and the aftermath of the war on terror is gonna cause 30 years of aging

You may be right, but I would advise you to think twice. The Civic Platform government acquires nuclear weapons? Apart from all the Polish prejudices and accusations of submission to Berlin and Brussels, Tusk does not seem to me to be a politician capable of doing this. Poland rather needs its own equivalent of Prime Minister Abe or President MB.
Maybe. I agree that he might not be willing to get nukes, preferring to use diplomatic channels to pressure EU into action than doing such drastic unilateral action. That said, if Poland started going nuclear at the start of the War on Terror, i.e. the SLD government, and it carried on throughout the rest of the decade as Law and Justice took over, then perhaps it would just be too expensive and too difficult to discontinue it?
Or, though that is just my personal fantasy, we prevent the Rywin affair (since it's after the PoD) and allow SLD to survive, so that they, rather than the Civic Platform take over after the 2007 snap election (or in 2009 if there is no snap election). I mean, it was the SLD gov't that dragged us into Iraq both in OTL and TTL, so that's got to count for some hawkishness, right? And then we would have a hawkish government that gets us nukes and respects democracy and basic human rights! Win-win!

Maybe. I agree that he might not be willing to get nukes, preferring to use diplomatic channels to pressure EU into action than doing such drastic unilateral action. That said, if Poland started going nuclear at the start of the War on Terror, i.e. the SLD government, and it carried on throughout the rest of the decade as Law and Justice took over, then perhaps it would just be too expensive and too difficult to discontinue it?
Or, though that is just my personal fantasy, we prevent the Rywin affair (since it's after the PoD) and allow SLD to survive, so that they, rather than the Civic Platform take over after the 2007 snap election (or in 2009 if there is no snap election). I mean, it was the SLD gov't that dragged us into Iraq both in OTL and TTL, so that's got to count for some hawkishness, right? And then we would have a hawkish government that gets us nukes and respects democracy and basic human rights! Win-win!
With all due respect, no, not both. First of all, the author seems to have already mentioned that the nuclear program began after the occupation of Ukraine. Plus, no matter what costs it would incur, it could and would be suspended by the reluctant Polish government. This was already the case with nuclear power plants in the 1970s, shipyards and coal mines. Secondly, you probably have less knowledge about Polish politics than me and certainly too much optimism if you think that SLD would stay in power until 2010. Factors in the Rywin affair were already in motion, so it had to leak out. Due to the economic crisis and the increase in Euroscepticism, TTL have a poor chance of re-election.
Plus, maybe I don't know, but I wouldn't describe the SLD government as hawkish. And honestly? Currently, it seems to me that Law and Justice was more democratic and law-abiding than today's Tusk government. But this is only the observer's vision.