Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

May you find peace in your retirement. I also appreciated the message behind "They'll hear from All of us soon". Since it both praises and criticizes idealists going out of the way to make a more peaceful world. Honestly reminds me of the central theme Gundam Seed: Freedom

Talking about Dubya Bush, I wonder if these scenes in Baki Hanma would be made ITTL, and if so, how they would be received and differentiate when compared to OTL:
I also wonder what Obama is doing ITTL:

Hello all, forgive me for my lateness in replying to some messages, I've decided to finally log off on April 15th (I'll still reply to pms afterwards) so I'll try answer any other questions here before then.

Yes this is extremely good and I'm very thankful for this, the only thing being the entirety of territory Armenia occupied after 1994 was annexed, not just Nagorno-Karabakh proper. There were also some minor border changes in the extended edition in the book so this is a map more so of 2019 than 2022.

It also indicates Sorairo's slow drift towards moving away from making alt-history timelines and going for writing "localized" novels based on his own interests.
I'm not sure it was - I just didn't want to reuse the same cast of characters, and my history knowledge thins out before WW1 so I felt more comfortable moving my stories further forward in time, pretty much beginning each new timeline where the other one left off. When your timelines are shorter since there would be less time to the present day, not to mention when you have an event like WW2 massive map changes are easy but when it's 2003 it's a lot harder, the butterflies of a POD don't have the time to fly as far as they could have. For what it's worth my favourite era of history to read about is generally the Cold War simply because there's so much to read about it and how truly global it was.
I've edited the Gagauz to refer to them as a Turkic group, Crimea doesn't leave Ukraine but the whole territory is occupied by Russia, the ROK still claims the Chinese occupied territory, Central Pyongyang is like Chernobyl with limited access sealed behind a wall but tourists are allowed in after signing a lot of forms and ordered strictly not to wander off.

I would also really like to know how the carpet bombing of Pyongyang in the First Korean War would be seen and taught in both Korea and the US, because even if you remove the parts of North Korea committing Nanking levels of mass rape, mass hostage takings and kidnappings of children, and the normalization of South Korean ultra-nationalism, which would obviously obscure atrocities perpetrated by the West and South Koreans against North Korea, it seems that very, very few North Koreans who experienced it between 1950-1953 would still be living in TTL 2024.

It's portrayed no differently from the bombing of Nazi Germany - a utilitarian moral payoff.

the ROK still claims the Chinese occupied territory
Great! because the ROK claimed territory lines look pretty rad on a map!, like how I said before, for the past few days I have been working on making three present-day maps of all of your timelines - FOM, TDOR, and BVTAOE, in the most up-to-date and complete Next-Gen WorldA scheme, with detailed insurgencies, isolated tribes, administrative divisions, etc.

I am partially adapting the Q-BAM map of Yeast Cartography onto WorldA, and also basing the maps on maps made by other people in this thread, so I all credits will be given when I post them.

Hey @Sorairo I have two questions

What is the state of anime in this timeline?

Did the Youtubers that were drafted in this timeline ever become Youtubers after the war?

I'm not sure it was - I just didn't want to reuse the same cast of characters, and my history knowledge thins out before WW1 so I felt more comfortable moving my stories further forward in time, pretty much beginning each new timeline where the other one left off. When your timelines are shorter since there would be less time to the present day, not to mention when you have an event like WW2 massive map changes are easy but when it's 2003 it's a lot harder, the butterflies of a POD don't have the time to fly as far as they could have. For what it's worth my favourite era of history to read about is generally the Cold War simply because there's so much to read about it and how truly global it was.

It's sad that while your knowledge of World's history is vast post-WW1 onwards, I bet you'd, if you had sufficent knowledge prior WW1, have wrote a timeline about Communism never been created in 1848 by either having Marx or Hegel (the main influencer of Marx) not getting born at all or preventing Springtime of Nations from happening, or a timelime about an alternative Irish revolutionary period.

Also, nice explanation about butterflies of history.

Last edited:
@Ulahlica-Ulahlica was working on something like that last time I checked, its a very interesting idea
The POD was Hegel dying of Bilious Fever at the age of 13, to be precise.
Erasing Hegel from history would lead to a completely different World in every sense of the word, especially philosophy.
Yes. The idea is called The Finite Is The Infinite. I have put the research and writing for it on hold for now, as I have a dissertation to write.

Hey @Sorairo I have two questions

What is the state of anime in this timeline?

Did the Youtubers that were drafted in this timeline ever become Youtubers after the war?

Anime is generally the same with Korean characters being more visible.

Some yes - I left it to reader headcanon whether they became YTers or not.

I have the headcanon that Maki Nishikino from Love Live is actually half-Korean (since her voice actress in RL is mixed Japanese-Korean). Possibly due to better Japan-Korea relations, she might end up as a half-Japanese and half-Korean in tribute to her voice actress.

I guess Genshin will exist after all, it's just that Mihoyo fled to Taiwan, I guess.

@Sorairo, who is the current President of the US in 2024?

Went ahead and made a QBAM map of the world in 2022. Didn't bother with Africa (save Egypt) or most of the Western hemisphere because nothing over there changed.View attachment 895307
Russia is looking very thick. Do they have plans to annex Kazakhstan due to it's significative Slavic population?

I can see a flashpoint in Lithuania is things go sour. Russia may want to connect Kaliningrad once and for all.