Honestly, I think Trump will VERY popular in Europe and especially in Eastern Europe considering that he just ended the Cold War single handedly with nothing more than a few volunteers.

Trump has a good popularity in Europe, especially in the former communist countries. Western Europe has never been his biggest fan, but more nationalist sectors see him as a great and inspiring leader. We had some updates in Europe in 1993/1994.

Liberation of Kuwait
Liberation of Kuwait

On 1 February 1993 American and Israeli troops entered the territory of Kuwait occupied by Iraq. The army advanced smoothly in the early hours of the day, until serious fighting began to take place.

The victories were all to the American side. The tanks continued to advance toward Kuwait City. Donald Trump was waiting for the results along with Shamir in Israel, ready to fly to Kuwait City as soon as the city was released. His photos entering another capital in the name of freedom and peace would run the world, he was sure.

the-highway-of-death-a-highway-to-the-north-of-kuwait-city-that-leads-AKWAXJ.jpg

On February 3, 1993, American troops arrived in Kuwait City. The fighting was extremely violent and lasted many hours. Much of what had survived the Iraqi invasion was destroyed in American liberation.
tanksindy.jpg
Saddam Hussein ordered his troops to retreat and reorganize on the Iraqi border. Meanwhile Donald Trump and Yitzhak Shamir boarded Kuwait City. Its disembarkation was sumptuous and showed a great contrast with the ruined city.

maxresdefault.jpg

In his victory speech President Trump ordered Hussein to release the Emir and his family for normalcy to return to Kuwait. The President also stated "without total surrender the war does not end here. We still have many radical Islamist enemies to defeat in this region. "

B9321124656Z.1_20160227231827_000_G9ODJE60U.2-0.jpg

The next day the troops stationed in Kuwait began to reorder. But not all of them headed toward the Iraqi border, as expected. Donald Trump would announce a new enemy.

Wallet

Banned
There is no way in hell Israeli troops are moving into Kuwait. The Kuwaiti people would support Iraq over Israel. Nor would the Kuwaiti Emir dare be photographed with the Israeli PM. Nor would the Israeli PM go to a Muslim majority nation.

In OTL, Saddam attacked Israel with missiles. Half of the coalition soldiers were from Arab nations like Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. They stacked from Saudi Arabia. Bush used all the diplomatic skill he had to convince Israel not to respond. If Israel was seen in the coalition, the war would lose all its support in the Middle East. The Arab nations would have withdraw and the coalition troops wouldn't be seen as liberators.

There is no way in hell Israeli troops are moving into Kuwait. The Kuwaiti people would support Iraq over Israel. Nor would the Kuwaiti Emir dare be photographed with the Israeli PM. Nor would the Israeli PM go to a Muslim majority nation.

In OTL, Saddam attacked Israel with missiles. Half of the coalition soldiers were from Arab nations like Egypt, Jordan, and Syria. They stacked from Saudi Arabia. Bush used all the diplomatic skill he had to convince Israel not to respond. If Israel was seen in the coalition, the war would lose all its support in the Middle East. The Arab nations would have withdraw and the coalition troops wouldn't be seen as liberators.

Facts are a Chinese conspiracy spewed by low energy losers.

In TL most of the army consists only of US and Israeli troops. Trump does not have the same diplomatic tendency as Bush, and the Emir of Kuwait was captured by Saddam and remains in Iraq. Donald Trump is not popular in the Middle East for its recent anti-Muslim rhetoric. And the sight of the airplane pomp and Trump's entourage made a bad impression with the ruined city around, I would not say that many Muslims consider him a hero (and soon this vision will worsen).

Iraq
Iraq

US troops began fighting on the border between Kuwait and Iraq at dawn the following day. The first results were easy victories for the American army. The troops advanced in the provinces of Basra and Muthanna.

When the day dawned the capital of Basra province, also called Basra, was surrounded. The troops had already reached the province of Dhi Qar and were approaching their capital, Nasiriyah.

The historic battle of Nasiriyah lasted two days and was a great victory for the United States. But while the battle was going on the American troops continued to advance toward the center of Iraq.
maxresdefault.jpg
As Baghdad approached the enemy army more and more, Saddam Hussein fled the capital in secret. On February 22, 1993 President Donald Trump announced on a national network that Iraq was under the control of American troops. Trump's speech that day shocked many Americans and attracted the anger of Muslims of various nationalities. Holding a white dove of peace, the President said:

"The terrible dictator Saddam Hussein has fled from our hands, but we will not give up until we capture him. Iraq is under the control of our forces, but we will make it an example of democracy. Our troops will remain in the country and a US commission will be appointed to manage the entire transition of the country indefinitely. "

Iraqis, and many other Muslims, considered this "American commission" a terrible affront to their independence. Even the European press calls this an attempt at colonialism on the part of Trump. But the greatest shock for all would come in the President's next words.
Donald-Trump-Young3-300x275.jpeg
"And now that we have achieved this great victory over the bloodthirsty Muslim dictator, we can not forget the past. Most of our presidents before me were weak, and one of the weakest was John Glenn. We must not forget that he doubled our country to the threats of another Muslim dictator. And this dictatorship remains to this day. We, the holders of the great democracy, can not refuse to spread it. Just north of Iraq is another enemy. Iran, Democracy will knock on your door. "

American Senatorial Commission for Iraq's Transition to Democracy
American Senatorial Commission for Iraq's Transition to Democracy

Public opinion on the American Commission to "rule" Iraq that President Trump had announced improved after some of its details were revealed. The main point is that it would be led by 3 senators, one indicated by each party. Along with a number of generals, diplomats and international observers.

As soon as this was announced a debate began within the parties about who should be nominated. Everyone knew that this Commission would become famous and could help in the 1996 Election.

To avoid controversy within the AIP, party leaders decided to appoint the most experienced member, Strom Thurmond, to his seat.
220px-Strom_Thurmond.jpg
The Democrats had several candidates, most targeting the succession of Donald Trump. Some older senators suggested the name of Kennedy, as a former president and one of the party's most experienced Senators. After many deliberations the three names that were put to the vote were Kennedy, Bayh and Clinton. The former president however announced that he was not interested. Bill Clinton, the southern hope for the Democrats in 96 ', was the nominee.
220px-44_Bill_Clinton_3x4.jpg
The Republicans initially thought to nominate Senator Maureen Reagan, a leading candidate for 96, but the fact that she was a woman attracted prejudice from prominent party members. There was some rumor that Senator George Bush would resign in an agreement for his father to be appointed in his place, but the party decided not to trust an AIP governor. Finally, with little consensus, the party appointed John McCain to its seat.
John_McCain_Official_Other_Version.jpg
After the three senators were elected, an internal election among the three unilaterally appointed Thurmond the chairman of the commission. And the next day they embarked for Iraq.

After the three senators were elected, an internal election among the three unilaterally appointed Thurmond the chairman of the commission. And the next day they embarked for Iraq.

I am sorry but I very much doubt that could happen.

With the AIP taking away the crazies, neither the Dems or the GOP have any incentivation to give power to them. And if you say tripartisanship I will remind you that the 90s' were very partisan time OTL- from Hillarycare to NAFTA, to Satanic scares and Clinton's impeachment the 90s' were a very partisan time so I doubt this could happen.

Especially considering it's fucking Thurmond, of all people.

I am sorry but I very much doubt that could happen.

With the AIP taking away the crazies, neither the Dems or the GOP have any incentivation to give power to them. And if you say tripartisanship I will remind you that the 90s' were very partisan time OTL- from Hillarycare to NAFTA, to Satanic scares and Clinton's impeachment the 90s' were a very partisan time so I doubt this could happen.

Especially considering it's fucking Thurmond, of all people.

I figured they'd elect Thurmond because he's 90 years old, he's going to spend most of his time in the United States. And he is the most experienced after all. And I do not see Clinton voting for McCain or McCain voting for Clinton. (I do not know if it was clear that the Commission's presidency was chosen only by the 3 senators).