Black This Out- A Ron Paul 2012 Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
He endorsed Paul, though later went on to endorse Cain, Santorum, and Gingrich at different points :p

Actually, no. Glenn Beck never "officially" endorsed anyone, just made it known who he supported and would like to be nominated. Basically he supported anyone he found to be a good conservative, including Bachman, Santorum, and Cain. While he likes parts of Ron Paul, he never supported him for the nomination at any time. And after everything was said and done, he supported Romney 100%. But Glenn Beck DESPISES Newt Gingrich, with an intense and burning hatred. He said he'd never support him for President under any circumstances.

BTW, very interesting timeline!

Hmm, this all raises the elephant in the room: just how would the right-wing commentariat react to Paul becoming the nominee? Obviously they're going to trash him in the primaries, but are they really going to just throw away the general election? One could argue Limbaugh and Hannity and the like may throw Paul under the bus, but perhaps this is where Rand becomes a useful surrogate...

Hmm, this all raises the elephant in the room: just how would the right-wing commentariat react to Paul becoming the nominee? Obviously they're going to trash him in the primaries, but are they really going to just throw away the general election? One could argue Limbaugh and Hannity and the like may throw Paul under the bus, but perhaps this is where Rand becomes a useful surrogate...
Then again, while they would dislike many of Ron Paul's stances, he's to the right of Obama. He'd favor deregulation, tax cuts (or significant tax changes), and lots of other things they'd like.

DTanza

Banned
Then again, while they would dislike many of Ron Paul's stances, he's to the right of Obama. He'd favor deregulation, tax cuts (or significant tax changes), and lots of other things they'd like.

I imagine they'd cringe their way through the general election and put up the bare minimum support expected. Then gently weep when he gets crushed.

I imagine they'd cringe their way through the general election and put up the bare minimum support expected. Then gently weep when he gets crushed.
Even if he gets crushed, his ideas would be out there. Remember Goldwater 1964. He was considered to be a joke then. Nobody laughed in 1980 when Reagan (who was to Goldwater's Right) got in.
I can certainly see a shift in foreign policy. Paul would make it more acceptable to question military force or to advocate the US Military returning home, or taking a more neutral stance towards certain nations.
Perhaps a Paul victory or good performance could even affect races on the other side of the aisle. Perhaps Kaptur could get primaried out instead of Kucinich?

Even if he gets crushed, his ideas would be out there. Remember Goldwater 1964. He was considered to be a joke then. Nobody laughed in 1980 when Reagan (who was to Goldwater's Right) got in.
I can certainly see a shift in foreign policy. Paul would make it more acceptable to question military force or to advocate the US Military returning home, or taking a more neutral stance towards certain nations.
Perhaps a Paul victory or good performance could even affect races on the other side of the aisle. Perhaps Kaptur could get primaried out instead of Kucinich?

Would be good if Kucinich stayed in, that way a President Paul could have an ally on the democrat side, or someone who endorses Paul over Obama. Hwever if Paul loses, what happens to him? He gets discredited?

I also happens a Paul sucess forces Harry Reid NOT to block the Fed Bill--that is butterflied away.

If he gets crushed against Obama I wouldn't be surprised his legacy continues and Rand Paul has a shot of winning in 2016, and forces Congress to consider more isolationist stances and to remove the infamous NDAA sections and the "Iran War Pretext" in there as well.

Whether he wins or loses against Obama may depend on his VP pick. I would suggest someone like Johnson as the best choice as a hard-right like Goode or Buchanan wouldn't appeal to his liberal base and a hard-left like Kucinich wouldn't appeal to his conservative base, and appointing kooks like Ventura is political suicide. That or another War Veteran who's socially conservative but opposed the wars. It also depends on the debates. If Paul can force Obama to have a "nice little talk" about foreign policy and civil liberities he has a good shot. However, if Obama forces domestic issues on Paul and manage to skillfully dodge foreign issues, than Paul is pretty much lost here.

Last edited:
Would be good if Kucinich stayed in, that way a President Paul could have an ally on the democrat side, or someone who endorses Paul over Obama. Hwever if Paul loses, what happens to him? He gets discredited?

I also happens a Paul sucess forces Harry Reid NOT to block the Fed Bill--that is butterflied away.

If he gets crushed against Obama I wouldn't be surprised his legacy continues and Rand Paul has a shot of winning in 2016, and forces Congress to consider more isolationist stances and to remove the infamous NDAA sections and the "Iran War Pretext" in there as well.

Whether he wins or loses against Nader may depend on his VP pick. I would suggest someone like Johnson as the best choice as a hard-right like Goode or Buchanan wouldn't appeal to his liberal base and a hard-left like Kucinich wouldn't appeal to his conservative base, and appointing kooks like Ventura is political suicide. That or another War Veteran who's socially conservative but opposed the wars. It also depends on the debates. If Paul can force Obama to have a "nice little talk" about foreign policy and civil liberities he has a good shot. However, if Obama forces domestic issues on Paul and manage to skillfully dodge foreign issues, than Paul is pretty much lost here.
Benghazi would force Obama into a corner on foreign policy.

Fixed a typo regarding Obama(it was Obama not Nader)

And RP wouldn't really focus on Benghazi. If Benghazi still happens he would probably tie it to the theory of "blowback". He would probably come at Obama at several issues regarding foreign policy and respect of Constitution.

My through is once again: What would the Progressive insight be here? I can see the Libertarian and Constitution parties dropping out to endorse Paul. The progressives Anderson and Stein will most likely keep fighting to present themselves as a force of "true democracy" against the "corporate world". But, given the fear of the Progressive voices on the GOP, a common tactic they espouse is to vote your "conscience" in a "safe state" but vote democrat in a "swing state". However, given Ron Paul's track record on civil liberities and non-interventionism, the fact that Nader supports some of his ideas, would it be likely that the tactic is change to "vote your "conscience" in a "safe state" but vote for Paul in a "swing state"? And as I said, I would really like to see Chris Hedges insight on a Paul vs Obama race.

Last edited:
Fixed a typo regarding Obama(it was Obama not Nader)

And RP wouldn't really focus on Benghazi. If Benghazi still happens he would probably tie it to the theory of "blowback". He would probably come at Obama at several issues regarding foreign policy and respect of Constitution.
Paul would attack Obama on Benghazi, and he would do it from the opposite side of Romney-he would go after, as you mentioned, the blowback aspect.

Paul would attack Obama on Benghazi, and he would do it from the opposite side of Romney-he would go after, as you mentioned, the blowback aspect.

Of course he would attack it as an issue, but I said it would be just one of many. I wouldn't also be surpised that Paulbots flock to the debate where people are picked to ask questions so they would focus on the FED and Foreign policy.

Kaptur can't lose to Kucinich unless you change how the redistricting was done.

Something like that, perhaps the butterflies caused by RP's victories shifts the current set of redistricting rules.

“It's not my fault your kids think I'm smarter than you. From what I can gather, you're about five women and you all seem to have no idea what you're talking about.”-Terroja Lee Kincaid, “The Amazing Atheist”, responding to “Mothers Against The Amazing Atheist”.

~
Nevada Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 33%
Jon Huntsman: 26%
Mitt Romney: 24%
Tim Pawlenty: 12%
Newt Gingrich: 5%

~

Colorado Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 30%
Mitt Romney: 26%
Jon Huntsman: 24%
Tim Pawlenty: 15%
Newt Gingrich: 5%

~

Missouri Primary Result:

Tim Pawlenty: 35%
Mitt Romney: 25%
Jon Huntsman: 22%
Ron Paul: 18%

*Newt Gingrich not on the ballot

~

Minnesota Caucus Results:

Tim Pawlenty: 64%
Ron Paul: 19%
Jon Huntsman: 10%
Mitt Romney: 4%
Newt Gingrich: 3%

~

Maine Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 39%
Tim Pawlenty: 22%
Mitt Romney: 9%
Newt Gingrich: 4%

~

“With victories in Nevada, Colorado, and Maine we had secured both large amounts of momentum and mainstream media attention, while at the same time many precious delegates in what would become a major fight for a majority. Of course things wouldn't be that easy, some pundits were still convince Paul's victories were due to a “split field”, saying that Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman stole from each other in Nevada and Colorado, preventing either from winning. Regardless, we had won three states, and the supporters were ready for more. We turned our focus over to Wyoming and Washington, the next caucus states in line.”

-Jesse Benton, All The Kings Horses

~

“The craziness going on in politics at the time really was a huge inspiration for a lot of the work in Artpop, even though the album is far less political than Born This Way, I felt the need to capture the struggle going on, of grassroots candidates like Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman over Mitt Romney, who had way more money. I did that by making more artistic music and talking about the homogenous musical mainstream. A lot of people were wondering why an A-lister like me did so many collaborations on that album, but I think it was worth it, all three of those songs went #1. It didn't matter if it had an odd time signature or if it was more of a rock song, I was still being played on pop stations and in the dance clubs. I may have been an Obama supporter all the way through, but I have to thank the Republicans for getting me to experiment.” - Lady Gaga, interview on January 10th, 2014

~

February 2012

Andrew Breitbart, 43, heart failure

-Deaths in 2012, Wikipedia.org

~

“Breitbart was a true hero of the American conservative movement.” - Tim Pawlenty, February 23rd, 2012

~

“Mitt needed to stay in somehow, he poured everything he could into Michigan and Arizona.”

-Ann Romney, A Woman's Touch: My Life and Career

~

Arizona Primary Results:

Mitt Romney: 33%
Jon Huntsman: 31%
Tim Pawlenty: 23%
Ron Paul: 22%
Newt Gingrich: 4%

~

Michigan Primary Results:

Mitt Romney: 47%
Tim Pawlenty: 30%
Jon Huntsman: 14%
Ron Paul: 7%
Newt Gingrich: 2%

~

“I'm dropping out of the race, Tim Pawlenty is the candidate for our future.”- Newt Gingrich, February 28th, 2012

~

Wyoming Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 37%
Tim Pawlenty: 29%
Mitt Romney: 22%
Jon Huntsman: 12%

~

Washington Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 30%
Jon Huntsman: 28%
Mitt Romney: 24%
Tim Pawlenty: 18%

~

“Two more victories leading into Super Tuesday were exactly what we needed. The media had a hard time dismissing us now. Ron and I looked toward Super Tuesday with optimism. Huntsman was struggling for a third win, Pawlenty was under financial stress, and Mitt Romney had to fight just to win two states. I convinced Ron it'd be a good idea to put in an effort in the primary states of Virginia and Ohio, were certain candidates were off the ballot.”

-Jesse Benton, All The Kings Horses

~

Alaska Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 36%
Jon Huntsman 22%
Tim Pawlenty 17%

~

Georgia Primary Results:

Tim Pawlenty: 25%
Ron Paul: 24%
~

Idaho Primary Results:

Ron Paul: 40%
Tim Pawlenty: 33%
Jon Huntsman: 20%
Mitt Romney: 7%

~

Massachusetts Primary Results:

Mitt Romney: 60%
Ron Paul: 28%

*Tim Pawlenty not on ballot

~

North Dakota Caucus Results:

Ron Paul: 36%
Tim Pawlenty: 30%
Mitt Romney: 22%

~

Ohio Primary Results:

Jon Huntsman: 35%
Ron Paul: 34%
Mitt Romney: 31%

*Tim Pawlenty off the ballot

~

Oklahoma Primary Results:

Tim Pawlenty: 40%
Mitt Romney: 28%
Jon Huntsman: 18%
Ron Paul: 14%

~

Tennessee Primary Results:

Tim Pawlenty: 36%
Mitt Romney: 32%%
Jon Huntsman: 22%
Ron Paul: 10%

~

Vermont Primary Results:

Jon Huntsman: 37%
Ron Paul: 35%
Mitt Romney: 20%
Tim Pawlenty: 8%

~

Virginia Primary Results:

Ron Paul: 55%
Romney: 45%

*Pawlenty and Huntsman off ballot

~​

Great update. Paul is really kicking ass and taking names now.:D Waiting to see how the MSM reacts to Paul winning four Super Tuesday states, including Virginia, and coming a close second in two others.

sHZqy.png

Paul
Huntsman
Pawlenty
Romney

Status
Not open for further replies.