Bicentennial Man: Ford '76 and Beyond

Yessir! With the locks opened/blown and everything

This is gonna end badly and I doubt the New Right will be able to capitalize on this as much as they think they can, given how once the rage wears off, most people are gonna blame them for basically being the ones who got them into Panama. It’s an even worse position to defend than Panama.

Like, when the backlash occurs on the right, it’s gonna be ugly

This is gonna end badly and I doubt the New Right will be able to capitalize on this as much as they think they can, given how once the rage wears off, most people are gonna blame them for basically being the ones who got them into Panama. It’s an even worse position to defend than Panama.

Like, when the backlash occurs on the right, it’s gonna be ugly
1978 and 1980 are going to be fun! Will be interesting which Republican bites the bullet as the nominee in that dreaded year. Unless they think they actually have a chance. Really the best chance for the Republicans is a Reagan vs. Ted Kennedy race, but even then Ted would probably win.

From 1971 to 2002 my grandfather served in the Marine Corps. In Vietnam he was a member of Force Recon. ITTL, would he be sent to Panama?

Quite possibly. The Marines are the tip of the spear in Operation Big Stick - them and the 101st Airborne, which had to seize the airfields.

1978 and 1980 are going to be fun! Will be interesting which Republican bites the bullet as the nominee in that dreaded year. Unless they think they actually have a chance. Really the best chance for the Republicans is a Reagan vs. Ted Kennedy race, but even then Ted would probably win.

It's been 12 years of Republican. Not even Reagan could save the party there. Ted or another strong leftie could win.

Well the situation in panama is heating up huh i wonder what is the response from the columbians and the costa rican seeing this

Hey everyone! Been mostly working on Cinco de Mayo rather than this TL, per usual, and also trying to plan out the rest of 1978, especially the Panama War and the brewing crisis in Iran. Events recently (today specifically, but I won’t touch the Current Politics third rail) have curbed my appetite for writing about mass chaos and such things so this will go on a brief hiatus.

Regards,

KS