Believe in America, A Mitt Romney 2012 collab timeline

POD:
Romney never makes the 47% comment or mentions about Russia being a threat and Romney performs in the debate just like he did in the first one OTL. And Ryan out performs Biden in the VP debate.

November 6th 2012: Mitt Romney narrowly beats President Obama after a rise in polling toward the near end of the election and Paul Ryan appeals to moderates and independents more than in OTL.

image.png

Last edited:
I don't think that avoiding the 47% moment, and picking Fiorinia as VP would alone lead to a Romney win.

Minor nitpick but I think Colorado was closer than Nevada. Also unless it's super close Romney could pick up Iowa and Pennsylvania too I think, though I might be wrong. Still, this looks interesting.

Minor nitpick but I think Colorado was closer than Nevada. Also unless it's super close Romney could pick up Iowa and Pennsylvania too I think, though I might be wrong. Still, this looks interesting.
Romney doesn't appeal to evangelicals still in this TL. Feel free to contribute to this timeline.

November 6th 2012:President Obama concedes saying this is not the night we wanted but we can't deny the hope and change we have made through the last four years.

November 7th 2012:Notable real estate tycoon Donald Trump causes a stir when he says on his Twitter, Good bye Obama America won't miss you.

November 7, 2012: South Park airs the episode "Romney Wins!," in which Cartman hatches a plot with the Romney campaign to rig the 2012 presidential election in order to transfer the rights to Star Wars from Disney to the Chinese government.

February 3, 2013: The Baltimore Ravens defeat the San Francisco 49ers 42-20 to win Super Bowl XLVII.*

*Due to butterflies, the blackout at the Superdome never happens, allowing the Raven to continue their momentum and win the game by a far greater margin than OTL.

November 7th 2012:Rachel Maddow of MSNBC starts controversy saying

"Pack your bags kids you are going to fight China in a war soon because that what you get with President Romney!"

December 14th 2012:
The worst school shooting in Amercian history Sandy Hook happens. President Obama and President Elect Romney go with each other to vist the fallen's relatives

Last edited:
November 8th 2012:President Elect Romney meets with President Obama in a peaceful transition period.

November 9th 2012:President elect Romney chooses Carly Fiorina as his chief of staff.

November 12-14, 2012: U.S. President-Elect Mitt Romney tours the Hurricane Sandy-wrecked Jersey Shore with Governor Chris Christie. In a statement to the press outside the Asbury Park Convention Hall, Romney wishes the people of New Jersey "the best of luck in recovering from this disastrous storm."