AU Fiction: CFL-USA - A different telling.

Hopefully he beats cancer ITTL! (Saying this as someone who has lost a loved one to cancer)
Same here.

Time for an end of the year update. The CFL-AU story will continue but I need some time off this story due to health and personal reasons. Let alone it almost Christmas here.

I also been having issues coming up with any stories or proposals for new timelines for awhile now. I been reading though the story so far and I'm glad everyone enjoying it. I want to see it to the end but man, I made some mistakes on some stories ideas. Especially with the WCW world building side chapter. Idk if I want to go back and redo it or not. But the main story is fine.

Hopefully 2022 will be better then this year was for everyone. I have some new timeline ideas I like to debut here next year so stay tune for it. Until then hope everyone have a safe and happy holiday and new years!

Last edited:
Same here.

Time for an end if year update. The CFL-AU story will continue but I need some time off this story due to health and personal reasons. Let alone it almost Christmas here.

I also been having issues coming up with any stories or proposals for new timelines for awhile now. I been reading though the story so far and I'm glad everyone enjoying it. I want to see it to the end but man, I made some mistakes on some stories ideas. Especially with the WCW world building side chapter. Idk if I want to go back and redo it or not. But the main story is fine.

Hopefully 2022 will be better then this year was for everyone. I have some new timeline ideas I like to debut here next year so stay tune for it. Until then hope everyone have a safe and happy holiday and new years!
The Same, Happy Holidays buddy, enjoy them.

Same here.

Time for an end if year update. The CFL-AU story will continue but I need some time off this story due to health and personal reasons. Let alone it almost Christmas here.

Hopefully 2022 will be better then this year was for everyone. I have some new timeline ideas I like to debut here next year so stay tune for it. Until then hope everyone have a safe and happy holiday and new years have a great Xmas and happy new year dude!
Have a great Xmas and a happy new year man and I hope that guy beats cancer.

Ummm....

Is this still alive?

If so, let me say what I wanna say:
World-Building:
Saturday Morning/Kids Television Network
A Look Back from 1993-2008

Saturday Morning-Afternoon Block:​

ABC: Fox Kid’s rise in popularity due to Saban’s Power Rangers and VR Troopers. ABC would cash in with their Live-Action superhero series. Syber-Squad, originally titled Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad until network executives decided the original name was dumb. The show, starring Matthew Lawrence as the protagonist and legendary actor Tim Curry as the villainous Kilokhan, proved to be a rating hit and kept the network going. Sadly lasting with two seasons but had a strong ending to set up a potential sequel series. Sadly the sequel series never happened despite DiC Entertainment (the company behind the series) begging Tsuburaya Production to soldier onward.

In actuality, ABC executives wanted to bring back Ultraman and were willing to help fund the new revival for their Saturday Morning block. However, it was believed that the deal died when Disney bought the struggling network in mid-1995. Thanks to a fan petition and the fact that DiC was willing to bring the show over meant that Disney didn’t have to do much. Roy E. Disney mention in interviews he wasn’t a fan of violent children’s shows on network television at the time.

Production on Ultraman revival (which was codenamed Tiga by Tsuburaya staff) was put in motion as Tiga debuted in Japan in 1996 while Disney and ABC worked on retooling their Saturday Morning lineup to fit with some of the FCC guidelines. Tiga was an odd choice for the network and many critics question if it would be a success.

Debuting in September of 1997, Disney One Saturday Morning debut with some new shows and some holdovers from the older ABC Saturday Morning lineup. Ultraman Tiga debut after Recess and while it was faithful to the original show. (as in it reused most of the sets and story from the original, it still had an English cast and some educational moments to make the parents happy)

The show did well at first but grew to popularity due to Saban’s Power Rangers Turbo being a dud of a season. Fans who grew up on Syber-Squad notice that the shows look similar and with the rise of the internet during the late 1990s. The ratings for the show grew as the stories started becoming more darker than what Power Rangers were doing at the time. This did lead to come complaints but Disney continued onward.

Midway through production, DiC was given the green light the bring Ultraman Dyna to America. DiC agreed and Ultraman Dyna debuted in September of 1998 to better reviews than Tiga. The Ultra Series is still going strong to this day. [ Honestly, this could be its own story so let’s move on.]

Recess also proved to be a successful series and so did Pepper Ann. By 2000, One Saturday Morning took over Fox Kids in ratings and proved to be a tough challenger to the juggernaut.

By 2003, ABC affiliates networks were sick of airing One Saturday Morning. By this point, Disney was making a strong effort to retooling Toon Disney to help ratings against Cartoon Network. In 2006, Disney One Saturday Morning would bid a farewell as the affiliates had their way.
Okay. Great, buy why did ABC just give in to the station's demands? It's THEIR network. But good trying to build Toon Disney up, it would be all the more better if TD was a basic cable channel.
Fox Kids: Fox Network found a surprising hit on their hand with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and later VR Troopers. Saban would help spearhead some anime dubs at the time. None greater and important than Sailor Moon. Saban was taking a risk with the anime. It was original at the time and decided to try and instead of ruining it. He saw there was an opportunity. Anime was getting huge and Sailor Moon was a magical girl series. So it was decided to give it the same care as Power Rangers (aka don’t screw it up).
YEAH, BETTER NOT MESS IT UP...

BITCH
Sailor Moon was dubbed and aired on Fox’s Kids afternoon block. Saban’s risk proved to pay off. Despite being loyal to the source, some of the violence and blood was turned down. Sailor Moon would prove to be a big hit for the network so when season 2 was dubbed and about to air, it was moved to a primetime slot (this was done due to a midseason show being canceled by the network and them needing to fill airtime). The movie proved was a big hit and while the show was aimed at kids, teens and young adults started watching it and admiring the show.
Ok, that's cool.
Meanwhile, VR Troopers would be greenlit for a third season, despite the show killing off the main villain Grimlord. It was decided to use Juukou B-Fighter footage for the third season. The production crew was surprised to see it happen. But was more surprised that their Kamen Rider adaptation was canned by Saban due to wanting to focus on Sailor Moon more and the budget was split between them and Power Rangers.

VR Troopers: The Virus Crusaders would debut to lukewarm response. While the cast and crew loved working on the show. It wasn’t a hit with the fans but decided to give the show a sendoff.

Power Rangers Zeo vs VR Troopers: The Movie was made for a TV movie to serve as the series finale to both series. While Power Rangers were greenlit for Turbo and was also gonna have a theatrical movie also. This movie was a swan song for VR Troopers and it was a great send-off.
That's very awesome for those franchises. Really should have gotten the proper chances in the West.
Back on the topic of Sailor Moon, Saban also struck a deal to bring Gundam Wing. But due to network executives fearing the dark tone and violence of the show might anger parents. It was decided that the dubbed, done by a new company in Texas called Funimation, would air on Fox Network during summer 1998. This proved to be the kickstart for the growth of anime in the mainstream.
That's cool.
In 2004, Saban would take a short trip to Japan and visit Toei studios to look for a new show to air for Fox Family. In return, Saban grabbed the license to Pretty Cure. We Are Precure debut on Fox Family in the spring of 2005 and became a surprise rating darling. Saban, seeing he found the anime version of Power Rangers, helped funded the show and the series is still going strong with Yes! PreCure Five debuting in 2008. The dub was also dubbed by Funimation.
That's nice. May I also suggest making a deal with the BBC that could see shows like Juila Jekyll and Harriet Hyde, Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Wolfblood, Leonard, Young Draculd, Raven, The Story of Tracy Beaker/Tracy Beaker Returns/The Dumping Ground and others air on Fox Family ITTL?
Fox Family Network was formed in early 1999 and by 2002, Fox Kids would make a transition to the network. By 2007, the Fox Network ended their Saturday morning block for good.
Okay.
[Quick Notes: Sailor Moon would air on Fox Network from time to time until the fifth season when the Network, viewing that the show subject matter was not suitable for kids, brought the show to primetime until the series finale.

VR Troopers third season butterflies Beetleborgs and Masked Rider (Kinda sad tbh..). The crossover with Zeo would help explain how and why the Turbo ranger power came to be. The Zeo Crystals (Due to being pure energy) needed time to discharge after overuse. The Turbo movie would go into detail over it. Also, the MMPR Movie is ITTL.

Gundam Wing being done by Funimation was due to Toei deciding to let Ocean Dub take full control over the Dragon Ball Z license. They were near going out of business. Saban asks for their help on Gundam Wing and it would help save the company.]
Ok.
KidsWB: KidsWB was born when Warner Bros created the WB Network in 1995. Meant to be a rival to Fox Kids, they would bring all of their show from Fox to the new network. In 1998, they would bring Pokemon: The Indigo League to the US thanks to 4kids. This proved to be a big win for them and Nintendo. Pokemon was a smash hit (Like in OTL) and Kids WB had their first real big hit. Then in 2001, Yu-Gi-Oh would debut thanks to Konami striking a deal with Ocean Studios. (No 4kids dub). The anime was faithful to the source and would be a big hit.

KidsWB would continue onward as of early 2008. However, now it just mostly reruns Cartoon Network shows.
Ouch...just CN reruns, why? And I'd rather have Yu-Gi-Oh! air on Nickelodeon.
NBC and CBS: Both of their Saturday Morning blocks ended before 2000. NBC started Teen NBC as a replacement and CBS expanded their sports stuff to include more time for college sports and the CFL.
Nothing to say here.
Television Networks:​

Cartoon Network: Ted Turner struck gold with the Cartoon Network and by 1997, had both reruns of classic cartoon shows like Scooby-Doo and The Flintstones but also included some original series like Dexter Laboratory and Johnny Bravo. By 1999, they included anime with dubs of Ranma ½ and King of Braves Gaogaigar being strong hits for the network.

With connections to Warner Bros, Cartoon Network was the cable home to Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. Yu-Gi-Oh’s second series GX aired exclusively on CN due to better ratings than KidsWB. They also aired Dragon Ball Z like OTL.
Ok. Does Toonami still live strong, or does it still die a slow, painful and depressing death like in OTL.
Nickelodeon: Mostly the same as OTL. They still have Spongebob and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Plus others show Fairly Odd Parents, Jimmy Neutron, and Constant Payne (A planned series canceled for dumb reason IOTL).

Game Shows from the 1990s like Double Dare and Legends of the Hidden Temple saw a revival in the mid to late 2000s. The network is still a strong second place as of 2008 behind Cartoon Network.
Ok. Can SLAM! actually be successful ITTL?
Toon Disney: Toon Disney always had an uphill battle against the other two networks. Due to some mismanagement at the beginning, the channel almost got the ax. But managed to grow over time thanks to One Saturday Morning. With original shows like Recess, Disney Doug, Pepper Ann, Teacher Pet (Does better in this TL), and some live-action shows like Ultraman and reruns of Syber-Squad. Disney also airs Doraemon early then OTL.
Umm....

If Ultraman and Syber-Squad airs, then it wouldn't be Toon Disney anymore. Unless you were gonna relaunch it like OTL 2009, then this wouldn't work.
Fox Family: Fox Family started as a logical continuation of Fox Kids and its first few years reaired older cartoons that aired on the network. Over time, Fox Family grew to include more sitcoms and other shows. While not as big as Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, the network does air some big hits like Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, and PreCure. They also air shows like Ghost Stories (with a more faithful dub than OTL) and Digimon.

During the evening, they reair episodes of Doctor Who (OTL Movie wasn’t a dud and revived the show), The Simpsons, and Gundam Wing along with The X-Files.
Ok. Cool. May I also suggest making a deal with the BBC that could see shows like Juila Jekyll and Harriet Hyde, Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Wolfblood, Leonard, Young Draculd, Raven, The Story of Tracy Beaker/Tracy Beaker Returns/The Dumping Ground and others air on Fox Family ITTL?

Other than that, very good.