AU Fiction: CFL-USA - A different telling.

Actually, I need some opinion. I got to thinking, and while working on the next chapter. I never thought about College Football. While pondering about it, I got to work on a chapter on here about the 1993 and mostly 1994 NCAA Football (Division I-A) Season. But was wondering if I should post here or make a new thread here to coexist with the CFL-AU story I am doing. I am not a complete expert on NCAA stuff but had fun learning about it recently. But I don't know if anyone ever did an NCAA College Football timeline here so might as well do one to see how it goes.

Why you guys think, anyone interested in reading it or should it be part of the CFL-AU thread instead? Personally, I like to have its own thread due to not wanting to make so many chapters and bloat the timeline up so much with side/bonus chapter. Something I been worried about for a while now. But what you guys think, can't wait to read your opinion over it. Thank you and have a great day.
Sounds interesting! You should go for it!

CFL-AU Side Story: College Football Timeline 1993-94 Season
CFL-AU Side Story-
NCAA College Football Timeline:
Chapter 1- 1993 and 1994:​

1993: The Southwestern Conference, once a very proud conference in the NCAA, was on their deathbed. With SMU Death Penalty and lack of commercial success for the conference that bolsters themselves as one of the premier NCAA Conference, especially in football. After the 1993 season, founding members Texas and Texas A&M would leave and join the Metro Conference. The Metro was looking to sponsor College Football since some of the members who have joined also have football teams in other conferences. Needing to fill the void and needing a way to add a new national television deal to keep them afloat, added both Texas and Texas A&M in a press conference.

With the Metro adding the two schools, this would end the SWC for good. Some of the schools, like Houston, Baylor, Rice, and Texas Tech would join with teams in the Western Athletic Conference to help grow their College Football program. TCU left to go Independent while looking for a new home. SMU was not invited to either the Metro or WAC. SMU, citing issues with low morale and budget, ended the Mustangs football program. They would go Independent for the next few years while also looking for a new home.

On the video game front, EA would debut the Bill Walsh College Football Series on SEGA CD and Genesis. Despite not having the NCAA license yet, the home of each team was listed instead of the actual NCAA teams. Reviewers praised EA for creating the game, despite no NCAA involvement.

1994: This was a massive year for College Football and the NCAA. SWC was gone, which created two new football conferences. During the offseason, the Metro added Memphis (Left the Great Midwest Conference), Virginia Tech, Tulane, and Louisville to their football conference. Dubbed the “Metro 6”, critics were worried that this would end badly for Metro. That wasn’t the case.

The Metro “Metro 6”:
Louisville
Memphis
Texas
Texas A&M
Tulane
Virginia Tech​

The WAC, now at 14 teams, decided to split the conference into two divisions. Mountain and Pacific’s divisions were chosen by the team and by the conference.

WAC 1994 Teams​
Mountain Division:
Colorado State
Wyoming
Houston
Baylor
Rice
Texas Tech
UTEP

Pacific Division:
Utah
Air Force
New Mexico
BYU
San Diego State
Fresno State
Hawaii

The Metro would crown their first sponsor College Football championship in December as Texas, favorites to win, challenged Tulane, who upset Virginia Tech in the final standings. Texas would bulldoze Tulane to win the first championship in the Metro. The first WAC Championship was held later that day, Mountain Division Champions Wyoming ended the dream season of Pacific Division winners Hawaii.

Notable Bowl Game Scores for 1994 NCAA Football Season:

Rose Bowl: #1 Nebraska defeated #3 Florida State (24-13)
Orange Bowl: #2 Miami (FL) defeated #10 Texas (12-7)
Peach Bowl: #24 Tulane upset # 11 Oregon (10-7)
Sugar Bowl: Norte Dame defeated Boston College (20-13)
Las Vegas Bowl: Pacific (CA) surprising win over UNLV (52-24) (Pacific Tigers win would secure their future)
Aloha Bowl: #12 Michigan defeated Hawaii (31-6)
Alamo Bowl: #22 Tennessee upset Wisconsin (21-14)

Final AP Poll for 1994:
  1. Nebraska
  2. Miami (FL)
  3. Florida State
  4. Colorado
  5. Alabama
  6. Washington State
  7. Penn State
  8. Texas A&M*
  9. NC State
  10. Texas
  11. Oregon
  12. Michigan
  13. USC
  14. Arizona
  15. Auburn
  16. UCLA
  17. Wyoming
  18. BYU
  19. Mississippi State
  20. Virginia
  21. Virginia Tech
  22. Tennessee
  23. Kansas State
  24. Tulane
  25. Arizona State
*Texas A&M didn’t play any bowl games due to NCAA sanctions*

The Final Coaches Poll roughly the same with Tulane replaced by California and Arizona State replaced by Pacific (CA). The Heisman Trophy award was won by Steve McNair of Alcorn St. First time the trophy was won by an HBCU school.

(Two things before heading out: One is that I skip the 1993 season as not much happened in it other than what I mentioned. The second was that the Pacific Tigers football program would survive after their surprise win over UNLV. Hope everything looks good, I will work on either the second chapter or the next CFL chapter. Thank you for reading and have a great day. )

Last edited:
Is this thread dead?
Ohh for a moment i thought we got an update, is not, just the author is busy
The thread is not dead. Just dealing with crap and other things. Last month was my two year anniversary of me being here and writing this story. Sadly I failed to write a new chapter and my brain is trying to get back in gear. Same with the NFA timeline. Things happen and with the NFA, it a bit more work since I want to make sure the stories are good and not looking like ASB insanity or bad fan fiction.

I will get started on those two stories. I had another story I wanted to do. It was gonna be my first collaboration attempt with others. But it a bit risky for me and I doubt it would be any good. Kinda questioning myself as I have plenty of story ideas. Just wish I could get them out there.

Chapter 70: 2010 CFL Regular Season Report
The 2010 Continental Football League
Regular Season Report:

Final Regular Season Standings:

Canadian Football Conference​
Eastern Division:

1. Montreal Alouettes
  2. Toronto Argonauts
  3. Halifax Schooners
  4. Ottawa Renegades
  5. Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Western Division:
  1. Edmonton Empire
  2. Calgary Stampeders
  3. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
  4. Saskatchewan Roughriders
  5. BC Lions

United States Football Conference
Eastern Division:

1. Hartford Seawolves
  2. Birmingham Fire
  3. Virginia Sealions
  4. Orlando Thunder
  5. Chicago Warriors
  6. Cleveland Browns

Western Division:
  1. San Jose Samurai
  2. Portland Pirates
  3. OKC Wranglers*
  4. Anaheim Bulls
  5. Oakland Invaders
  6. Las Vegas Aces

* = OKC was placed in the USFC Western Division due to Chicago being placed in the East. Not much was changed before the season begin.

2010 was a start of a new decade of CFL Football but mostly the season went onward like last season, despite some major changes. CFC East and Grey Cup Champion Hamilton Tiger-Cats were finally back in the CFL Basement after terminating Ben Roethlisberger’s contract. With him in the NAFL, the Tri-cat’s scrambled and found a likely successor in upcoming quarterback Sam Bradford. Bradford, who wanted to play originally for OKC (Since he played at the University of Oklahoma) but was turned down by them during the CFL Combine. Hamilton offered him a better deal and signed him away from BC. The Ti-Cats regular season was a mess both on and off the field. Most of the criticism came from the Ti-Cat fans who were angry at the organization for letting “Big Ben” leave the way he did. On the field, it was a collapse on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, they will recover in the next few years.

With Hamilton gone, Montreal, Toronto, Halifax, and Ottawa were fighting for the three playoff spots. Montreal and Toronto were guaranteed while Halifax and Ottawa had their own mini playoff game against each other in week 16. Halifax, who haven’t been the same since Kurt Warner left, continued their Cinderella run as they beat Ottawa. Ottawa would lose their Week 18 (17 was a bye week) toward San Jose to fall short on playoff glory.

CFC West was a different beast. Edmonton, the first time since the ’90s, returned to first place in the West. Calgary wasn’t far behind in the standings while Winnipeg, yes Winnipeg, managed to grab third place. The Western Riders look like the dark horse team to make the playoff since they had a good start, until losing 7-9 and forcing them in fourth place. Still better than BC, the once-mighty lions fell so flat on their face. With a record of 2-16. They were the worse team in the whole league and a total rebuild finally happened. Basically, a fire sale happened and the Lions core, which was mostly constant for the last 6 seasons, is now gone.

With the CFL realizing that the addition of Virginia and Las Vegas along with San Antionio relocation to Chi-Town. The CFL decided it was time to update the USFC playoffs format. The USFC will have four teams heading to the playoffs with 1st place team taking on the 3rd place and 2nd place taking on 4th place. It was also the season of Hartford’s climb to the top. They knocked out Virginia and Birmingham to secure a place on the top of the USFC East. Virginia finally found potential and secured third as Brimigham locked in second place.

Orlando barely made the playoffs compared to the last two seasons. Which wasn’t as shocking as Cleveland. Chicago did alright but needed more time. The core is improving but needed more depth in the secondary. Cleveland looked at Hamilton and said, “Hold my Beer”. Cleveland was dealt a bad hand with Tom Brady being dealt a season-ending injury and the loss of Randy Moss to retirement basically ended their time on top of the USFC East. The “Dawg Pound Dynasty” is now in the dog pound.

USFC West was finally “Samurai Province” by the sports press as San Jose held their ground hard. The Samurai never lost a game to any team in the USCF West and CFC West. Basically making them the team to beat. WR Andre Roberts really came on his own just like Golden Tate did in Hartford. Both men would prove to be the top players in both teams. San Jose also grabbing QB Travis Lulay from the free agency also help boost the team to new heights. Which helps since they would debut the first Japanese-born player in the CFL, RB Yasuhiro Maruta, who just played in the Japan G-League for Panasonic Impulse last fall. Maruta was well-loved by fans in San Jose and would find a good home here in the states during the season.

Portland wasn’t far behind in the standings but the “Legion of Doom” was getting stale. Hopefully, they can improve during playoff time. RB C. J. Spiller would finally help get OKC back into the playoff picture and with them relocating to the West due to realignment before preseason, the Wranglers finally looked like a good team again. Anaheim would edge out Oakland by 2 games while Las Vegas would be shot down by season end, landing in the last place in the division.

CFL 2010 Playoff Predictions-
From ESPN.Com

CFC Playoff Picks:

First Round - Toronto beats Halifax, Calgary beats Winnipeg
Second Round - Montreal beats Toronto, Calgary beats Edmonton
CFC Finals - Montreal beats Calgary

USFC Playoff Picks:

First Round - Hartford beats Virginia, Orlando beats Birmingham, San Jose beats OKC, Portland beats Anaheim
Second Round - Hartford beats Orlando, San Jose beats Portland
USFC Finals - Hartford beats San Jose (San Jose couldn’t beat the Seawolves during the season)

CFL Grey Cup Finals:
Hartford beats Montreal

*Picks are not accurate but are consider the likely outcome for the playoffs as chosen by ESPN.

Welcome back dude! Great season as usual, sucks to see BC down in the dumps but they’ll be back. Going with Montreal here in an upset over Hartford for the Grey Cup.

Chapter 71: 2011 CFL Playoff's Part 1

I'm Back GIF by Brendan | Gfycat

The 2010 CFL Playoffs
Powered by SEGA Sports and Geico
Part 1:

CFC Eastern Semi-Finals:
Halifax Schooners vs Toronto Argonauts

The Roger Center was jammed back for this battle, luckily for the fans, they weren’t disappointed by the Argos. Toronto took a commanding lead by the third quarter and would not look back. Schooners tried but the Argonauts would survive the outcome.

Halifax 20 - Toronto 48

CFC Western Semi-Finals:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs Calgary Stampeders

Despite Winnipeg being the favorites at the beginning of the year. The Bombers would have a hard time ending Calgary hopes and would be knocked off of the playoffs after a close battle.

Winnipeg 14 - Calgary 16

USFC Eastern Division First Round:

Virginia Sealions vs Hartford Seawolves

Hartford would have an easy time ESPN said… Wrong. Virginia put up a hell of a fight till the end. Despite losing, Virginia made themselves look good. While Hartford needs to regroup for next week.

Virginia 21 - Hartford 24

Orlando Thunder vs Birmingham Fire

Orlando was the favorite to win yet Birmingham came back swinging. Despite Orlando's best efforts to come back in the 4th quarter. Birmingham would advance.

Orlando 19 - Birmingham 33

UFSC Western Division First Round:

OKC Wranglers vs San Jose Samurai

OKC wasn’t outmatched but it felt like it. San Jose came out swinging and it showed. Despite some good attempts from Wranglers, it wasn’t enough. Running Back Yasuhiro Maruta scored two touchdowns to help lead the Samurai to the Western Finals.

OKC Wranglers 19 - San Jose 44

Anaheim Bulls vs Portland Pirates

Anaheim, like OKC, was totally outmatched and even outgunned by the Pirates and the Legion of Doom. This was bad for them and Disney was considering a rebuild for the franchise. Not helped that day before, Roy E. Disney, the man who helped found the team, was placed in the hospital. Not much is known about his condition as of now.

Anaheim 6 - Portland 40

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC Worlds News Tonight
with George Stephanopoulos
October 28th, 2011​

“Hello and welcome to World News Tonight. Tonight the world is morning the loss of Roy E. Disney. Nephew of Walt Disney, he survived by his family and friends as he passed away today from stomach cancer at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach in Newport Beach, CA. Roy E. Disney was 81 years old. The passing has been hard for the Disney company as rumors of them selling off their sports franchises have been persistent once more.”

-End of Part 1-

(Sorry for breaking this off into two parts. But I feel this was necessary for the story. Hope everyone enjoys it. Have a great day.)

“Hello and welcome to World News Tonight. Tonight the world is morning the loss of Roy E. Disney. Nephew of Walt Disney, he survived by his family and friends as he passed away today from stomach cancer at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach in Newport Beach, CA. Roy E. Disney was 81 years old. The passing has been hard for the Disney company as rumors of them selling off their sports franchises have been persistent once more.”
Truly the end of an era for the bulls, a playoff collapse, the core is already on his last piece and the owner now passed away, a shame guys

Chapter 72: 2011 CFL Playoff's Part 2
CFC Eastern Finals:
Toronto Argonauts vs Montreal Alouettes

Montreal had time to group for this matchup between them and Toronto. However, Toronto was more ready for a fight. Close battle in Quebec but surprisingly, the Argos survive after some last-minute penalties from Montreal. The Argos will reach the CFC Finals for the first time in a long time.

Toronto 22 - Montreal 18

CFC Western Finals:
Calgary Stampeders vs Edmonton Empire

Even though Calgary was the favorite to win, given that they defeated Winnipeg by two last week. The Empire, led by CFL QB of the Year Henry Burris, wouldn’t let them get close. Helped by an impressive showing by the Edmonton defense. Calgary would once again miss the CFC Finals. Edmonton, however, will move on.

Calgary 12 - Edmonton 33

USFC Eastern Finals:
Birmingham Fire vs Hartford Seawolves

Hartford HC Wade Phillips and Birmingham HC Nick Saban would help command their team to a USFC Championship. Despite both teams being even, the weather was the difference-maker. Despite Hartford being used to it, Fire QB Joe Flacco, who was picked up from the NFL St Louis Rams before the NFL Season, help guide his team to the championship.

Birmingham 27 - Hartford 18

USFC Western Finals:
Portland Pirates vs San Jose Samurai

Remember when “Samurai Province” was a thing? Well, The Pirates said heck no and ended San Jose shot for the Grey Cup. Pirates QB JaMarcus Russell lead with 3 TD while OT Danny Watkins had a great showing. San Jose RB Yasuhiro Maruta did have an alright showing but left midway in the 1st half due to concussion protocols.

Portland 30 - San Jose 12

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CFL
CFC Championship