Screenplay by
Simon Kinberg
Zak Penn

Produced in association with
RatPac/Dune Entertainment

Main Cast
Hugh Jackman as Eddie Van Helsing
Hugo Weaving as Count Dracula
Daniel Day Lewis as Adam Frankenstein (the Monster)
Kate Beckinsale as Anna Valerious
Samuel West as Dr. Victor Frankenstein
Robbie Coltrane as Jekyll and Hyde
Mickey Rourke as the Wolfman​

Entertainment News for Mid-Late July 2004

Walt Disney, Jr. signs the last beam as part of the topping out ceremony for the rebuild of Riverfront Square, which is expected to reopen with a larger footprint than the original in 2006.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Jon Favreau, Geraldine Laybourne, Margaret Loesch, Vanessa Coffey, Kathleen Kennedy, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Thomas Tull, Amy Pascal and Geoff Johns each will be interviewed in hopes of succeeding Roy E. Disney as vice president of Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- The Wall Street Journal

Brian Henson officially introduces Bob Iger as the new chief executive officer of The Jim Henson Company. While Brian will stay aboard as chief creative officer, he has appointed John Lasseter to run Henson Animation (HA!), a new umbrella unit that will oversee both Hanna-Barbera and Pixar.
- Variety

New Henson chief Bob Iger in talks with CrossGen on a possible acquisition. Should talks fall apart, look for Henson to talk to Image Design Works (IDW), Dark Horse, DC or Archie on possibly licensing select Muppet, Hanna-Barbera, Pixar and Nickelodeon properties.
- Wizard

Uh...What's up, Papa Bear?
Warner Bros. agrees to a multimedia license with the Berenstain family who own the Berenstain Bears characters. This deal includes the rights to use the iconic Bears for theme parks, comics, animation, live action, video games and DVD/VHS releases. However, the contract stipulates that no crossovers be made with the Bears and other WB or Carolco properties.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Entertainment News for Mid to Late July 2004 (Part 2)
Entertainment News for Mid to Late July 2004
Part 2

@stratonapba @WB18 @TheMatthew25

The Sports Page
Each of the major sports leagues are in the market for a new commissioner in the next five to ten years.

NHL
Incumbent: Dennis Murphy (Since the WHA/NHL merger in the late 1970's).
Possible successors: Wayne Gretzky, Colin Campbell, Scotty Bowman, Brian Burke

NBA
Incumbent: Jerry West (Took office during the 2004 NBA playoffs after the sudden passing of David Stern)
Possible successor: Adam Silver (new deputy commissioner after Russ Granik retired last season)

NFL
Incumbent: Paul Tagliabue
Possible successors: Neil Austrian, Bill Polian, Carl Peterson, Tom Donahoe, Roger Goodell, Oliver Luck (Frankfurt Galaxy exec), David Baker (former CEO of the LA Avengers of the WLAF), Amy Trask (currently an exec for the Las Vegas Raiders)

MLB
Incumbent: Lew Wasserman
Possible successors: Larry Lucchino, Rob Manfred, Brian Cashman, Billy Beane

Last edited:
Entertainment News for Mid to Late July 2004
Part 2

@stratonapba @WB18 @TheMatthew25

The Sports Page
Each of the major sports leagues are in the market for a new commissioner in the next five to ten years.

NHL
Incumbent: Dennis Murphy (Since the WHA/NHL merger in the late 1970's).
Possible successors: Wayne Gretzky, Colin Campbell, Scotty Bowman, Brian Burke

NBA
Incumbent: Jerry West (Took office during the 2004 NBA playoffs after the sudden passing of David Stern)
Possible successor: Adam Silver (new deputy commissioner after Russ Granik retired last season)

NFL
Incumbent: Paul Tagliabue
Possible successors: Neil Austrian, Bill Polian, Carl Peterson, Tom Donahoe, Roger Goodell, Oliver Luck (Frankfurt Galaxy exec), David Baker (former CEO of the LA Avengers of the WLAF), Amy Trask (currently an exec for the Las Vegas Raiders)

MLB
Incumbent: Lew Wasserman
Possible successors: Larry Lucchino, Rob Manfred, Brian Cashman, Billy Beane
Well, I assume Lew Wasserman is still alive (IRL he died in 2002). I’d say Billy Beane looks like the best out of all these candidates but i don’t know why.

I’d love to see Amy Trask become NFL commissioner as it would open up the game to females even more. But considering the establishment of NFL owners, they’ll most likely pick either Baker or Polian.

I think Jerry West should keep his job as NBA commissioner, he is the logo after all. Another possible choice (though not mentioned) would be former NBA player and former New Jersey senator Bill Bradley.

The NHL could go either way, but I’d say Brian Burke would make the best choice out of all of them. Bowman would also be a fine choice.

Walt Disney, Jr. signs the last beam as part of the topping out ceremony for the rebuild of Riverfront Square, which is expected to reopen with a larger footprint than the original in 2006.

Jon Favreau, Geraldine Laybourne, Margaret Loesch, Vanessa Coffey, Kathleen Kennedy, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Thomas Tull, Amy Pascal and Geoff Johns each will be interviewed in hopes of succeeding Roy E. Disney as vice president of Disney Enterprises, Inc.

Brian Henson officially introduces Bob Iger as the new chief executive officer of The Jim Henson Company. While Brian will stay aboard as chief creative officer, he has appointed John Lasseter to run Henson Animation (HA!), a new umbrella unit that will oversee both Hanna-Barbera and Pixar.
- Variety

New Henson chief Bob Iger in talks with CrossGen on a possible acquisition. Should talks fall apart, look for Henson to talk to Image Design Works (IDW), Dark Horse, DC or Archie on possibly licensing select Muppet, Hanna-Barbera, Pixar and Nickelodeon properties.
- Wizard

Warner Bros. agrees to a multimedia license with the Berenstain family who own the Berenstain Bears characters. This deal includes the rights to use the iconic Bears for theme parks, comics, animation, live action, video games and DVD/VHS releases. However, the contract stipulates that no crossovers be made with the Bears and other WB or Carolco properties.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Amazing job! But I want Bob Iger to successfully in talks with CrossGen on an acquisition. But I wish Geraldine Laybourne might succeed Roy E. Disney as VP.

- Variety

- Wizard

- The Hollywood Reporter
1: I couldn't wait to see more of this.
2: Of this rather long list, I'd want to see Jon Favreau, Margaret Loesch, Vanessa Coffey, or Jeffrey Katzenberg get the succession job.
3: Not bad.
4: If the talks of acquiring CrossGen fail, I'd most prefer Archie to have a license deal with Henson. It might be right in their wheelhouse.
5: Using the Berenstain Bears in the theme parks is one thing, but making a new cartoon out of them? That's even better!

2: Of this rather long list, I'd want to see Jon Favreau, Margaret Loesch, Vanessa Coffey, or Jeffrey Katzenberg get the succession job.
4: If the talks of acquiring CrossGen fail, I'd most prefer Archie to have a license deal with Henson. It might be right in their wheelhouse.
5: Using the Berenstain Bears in the theme parks is one thing, but making a new cartoon out of them? That's even better!
- I'll put up a poll shortly.
- It is likely that either Michael Cera, Devon Werkheiser, Haley Joel Osment or maybe Jesse McCartney will voice Brother Bear. OR....we could have Emily Osment voice Sister.

Ok. Cool.
Choose either Laybourne, Loesch or Coffey. They know what they're doing.

Look at Fox Kids(until Saban ruined it), The Hub Network(until My Little Pony, Pound Puppies and old 80's sitcom reruns killed the channel), Nickelodeon(before Cyma and SpongeBob killed the channel), the Disney-ABC Cable Networks, Oxygen(until trashy shows killed the channel) and the first Nicktoons.
- Variety
Ok. Thanks for taking my suggestion! May I suggest putting 50% of the Jetix animation station with the Henson Animation unit as well as a small stake in Nickelodeon?

And while we're at it, since they have Hanna-Barbera, Pixar and Cosgrove Hall with them, why not buy a anime studio, like TMS Entertainment, Madhouse or Tatsunoko Productions? Just to make them a powerhouse.

And would Cosgrove Hall still be active, and not shut down like it did IOTL.

And if Hanna-Barbera Europe still exists ITTL, why not put it in France instead?
- Wizard
Or let them just buy out CrossGen, Tokyopop and Valiant Comics combined, they can get some good stuff AND get into the manga Industry, not to mention, have a few more anime dubs up their sleeve, which should be the catalyst for them to create their own anime dubbing division inside of Henson Animation separate from Touchstone.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Cool.
Amazing job! But I want Bob Iger to successfully in talks with CrossGen on an acquisition. But I wish Geraldine Laybourne might succeed Roy E. Disney as VP.
Me too.
3: Not bad.
All of this, great. But who is Jon Favreau?

And while we're at it, since they have Hanna-Barbera, Pixar and Cosgrove Hall with them, why not buy a anime studio, like TMS Entertainment, Madhouse or Tatsunoko Productions? Just to make them a powerhouse.

And would Cosgrove Hall still be active, and not shut down like it did IOTL.

And if Hanna-Barbera Europe still exists ITTL, why not put it in France instead?

Or let them just buy out CrossGen, Tokyopop and Valiant Comics combined, they can get some good stuff AND get into the manga Industry, not to mention, have a few more anime dubs up their sleeve, which should be the catalyst for them to create their own anime dubbing division inside of Henson Animation separate from Touchstone.
Cosgrove Hall is still active.

If I move HB Europe to France, the only city that would make sense to house them is Paris.

I thought about Disney using the Nakatomi name and logo from the Die Hard franchise as a manga imprint for Marvel but I'm not quite sure yet.

I am looking foward to the 2004 election. Will Winstine wihen a second term or will a scandel ruin him. IF winsinte get elceted will his second term be a succes or a failuire

I'm sorry, what?
Harvey Weinstein is the incumbent President of the United States.

Now, in 2004 ITTL, President Weinstein is running for re-election as a Republican with John Kerry (D-MA), John McCain (Ref-AZ) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) trying to unseat him. Mitt Romney (Ref-UT) had to discontinue his campaign in order to focus on bringing a WLAF expansion team to Salt Lake City.

Harvey Weinstein is the incumbent President of the United States.

Now, in 2004 ITTL, President Weinstein is running for re-election as a Republican with John Kerry (D-MA), John McCain (Ref-AZ) and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) trying to unseat him. Mitt Romney (Ref-UT) had to discontinue his campaign in order to focus on bringing a WLAF expansion team to Salt Lake City.
I was more confused on the spelling than the concepts, though I managed to parse it.

Cosgrove Hall is still active.
That's good.
If I move HB Europe to France, the only city that would make sense to house them is Paris.
Ok. And I would most likely suggest using this name instead:

HAF!: Henson Animation France.
I thought about Disney using the Nakatomi name and logo from the Die Hard franchise as a manga imprint for Marvel but I'm not quite sure yet.
Well, that would be cool.