As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Entertainment News for April 1998
Titanic wins Best Picture, even as moviegoers' favorite DiCaprio leaves the ceremony empty handed.
- Variety

Bill Cosby signs on to star on a sitcom for AEG's new cable network launching this fall.
- TV Guide

AEG officially introduces Dan Schneider as head of children's programming for AEG TV, a new cable network being launched by billionaire Philip Anschutz for a September debut.
- The Hollywood Reporter

With many Hollywood studios unwilling to license their television libraries to AEG TV, Anschutz receives startup capital of a generous amount. The money is rumored to be bankrolled by the Koch brothers.
- The Wall Street Journal

Fox hires Zak Penn and Christopher McQuarrie to type up the script for the upcoming X-Men movie, expected to be released in time for Christmas 1999.
- Wizard

Universal hires Kevin Smith to direct Captain Thunder. Based on the classic Fawcett superhero Captain Marvel, Captain Thunder is expected to arrive in theatres in the summer of 2000.
- Reuters.

RKO Radio Pictures holds a press conference to announce that Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek project will begin production for a 2001 release.
- Starfleet Herald, a Trek fanzine.

Titanic wins Best Picture, even as moviegoers' favorite DiCaprio leaves the ceremony empty handed.
- Variety

Bill Cosby signs on to star on a sitcom for AEG's new cable network launching this fall.
- TV Guide
AEG officially introduces Dan Schneider as head of children's programming for AEG TV, a new cable network being launched by billionaire Philip Anschutz for a September debut.
- The Hollywood Reporter
With many Hollywood studios unwilling to license their television libraries to AEG TV, Anschutz receives startup capital of a generous amount. The money is rumored to be bankrolled by the Koch brothers.
- The Wall Street Journal

Fox hires Zak Penn and Christopher McQuarrie to type up the script for the upcoming X-Men movie, expected to be released in time for Christmas 1999.
- Wizard

Universal hires Kevin Smith to direct Captain Thunder. Based on the classic Fawcett superhero Captain Marvel, Captain Thunder is expected to arrive in theatres in the summer of 2000.
- Reuters.

RKO Radio Pictures holds a press conference to announce that Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek project will begin production for a 2001 release.
- Starfleet Herald, a Trek fanzine.
1: That sounds good.
2: Bill Cosby, Dan Schneider, and the Koch brothers? I don't see this channel lasting into the new millennium if viewers were smart about what they were watching.
3: Sweet writing cred!
4: It would take some serious talent to make this work.
5: Not bad.

New Line's statement on Joss Whedon
Does he get exposed as an abusive scumbag sooner than he was IOTL?

Hi Andrew. Long time no see. How do you like this thread so far?

Also, Whedon's days ITTL are numbered. He was outed early in @Geekhis Khan's Henson-At-Disney thread.

Statement from New Line Productions, Inc.
April 3, 1998

"In the past few months, we have received numerous complaints about Joss Whedon's behavior on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As of today, an outside legal firm will conduct an investigation into the allegations against Mr. Whedon. During this time, production on the third season of Buffy will be put on hold until the investigation is complete. If the allegations of Mr. Whedon's misconduct turn out to be true, his involvement with the series will be terminated immediately."​

Also, Whedon's days ITTL are numbered. He was outed early in @Geekhis Khan's Henson-At-Disney thread.

April 3, 1998

"In the past few months, we have received numerous complaints about Joss Whedon's behavior on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As of today, an outside legal firm will conduct an investigation into the allegations against Mr. Whedon. During this time, production on the third season of Buffy will be put on hold until the investigation is complete. If the allegations of Mr. Whedon's misconduct turn out to be true, his involvement with the series will be terminated immediately."​
That's good.

April 3, 1998

Ah yes the negotiator

Will invader zim becoming out in 2001. If not I got an idea for an oringal movie called articalfcal stupity for joanen vaguez that recyle the character a few invader zim charaters. Zim not in it but there a evil human scientst named dr zimmerman who has zim personilty. Also Gir is the angonryan for an evil robations corpation who that Dr zimmerman works for and the Gir corpation builds a bunch of ramping giggle robots based on Gir form invader zim

Entertainment News for Mid-April 1998

Joss Whedon has been officially fired from Buffy the Vampire Slayer after multiple complaints surface about his behavior on the set of the popular TV series.
- Entertainment Tonight

With ECW set to debut on HBO this September, the fourth-place NWA announce they have signed a five year deal with FX. One question remains; Who will be the marquee wrestler when NWA on FX begins this October?
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Hard Copy
anchor Bill O'Reilly entertains an offer from AEG TV.
- Access Hollywood

Pat Robertson announces his 700 Club will return to television with a mid-morning timeslot on AEG TV. The 700 Club was canceled earlier this decade when TimeWarner acquired the former Family Channel and renamed it Warner Freeform. AEG TV, scheduled to launch this September, is backed by Philip Anschutz with help from the Koch brothers.
- TV Guide

TNT acquires the independently produced pilot Glamazon. Created by RuPaul and rising screenwriting star JJ Abrams, Glamazon centers around Skyler Fitch, an aspiring New York City drag queen played by Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
- Variety

Joss Whedon has been officially fired from Buffy the Vampire Slayer after multiple complaints surface about his behavior on the set of the popular TV series.
- Entertainment Tonight

With ECW set to debut on HBO this September, the fourth-place NWA announce they have signed a five year deal with FX. One question remains; Who will be the marquee wrestler when NWA on FX begins this October?

Hard Copy
- Access Hollywood

Pat Robertson announces his 700 Club will return to television with a mid-morning timeslot on AEG TV. The 700 Club was canceled earlier this decade when TimeWarner acquired the former Family Channel and renamed it Warner Freeform. AEG TV, scheduled to launch this September, is backed by Philip Anschutz with help from the Koch brothers.
- TV Guide

TNT acquires the independently produced pilot Glamazon. Created by RuPaul and rising screenwriting star JJ Abrams, Glamazon centers around Skyler Fitch, an aspiring New York City drag queen played by Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
- Variety
Does Joss being fired butterfly firefly

Will ted turner builing a new park to serve as the flag of funtime tericco or happy with the park he bought. I peroslly think that turner would would build a fancy flagship to compet with Disney world universla the parmount pincle and worlds of wonder

- Entertainment Tonight

Hard Copy
- Access Hollywood

- TV Guide

- Variety
1: Good for the Buffy fans.
2: I have no answer for that.
3: Uh oh.
4: That's worse!
5: I'll take that over what AEG TV is shaping up to be.

I'm gonna go with Curt Hennig. The guy has just so much talent when he's motivated.

Oldnavy do you mind If send you a resher on my hero unpluged. Your liked it and used it in american magic 1.0. I hope you will use it agin.PS I knowyou decided to not replaced the sonic with like in american magic one but would you consider a sonic game movie or tv epsoide where eggman under the guise of doctor sun power up and gives coolness leason to dumb geeky hedgehog (who possibly as a crush on amy rose) in part of elborate sheme to discrett sonic. This was based on a eggm power up geeks in the orignal american magic as part of a plot to discreet the chaotix crew

Oldnavy do you mind If send you a resher on my hero unpluged. Your liked it and used it in american magic 1.0. I hope you will use it agin.PS I knowyou decided to not replaced the sonic with like in american magic one but would you consider a sonic game movie or tv epsoide where eggman under the guise of doctor sun power up and gives coolness leason to dumb geeky hedgehog (who possibly as a crush on amy rose) in part of elborate sheme to discrett sonic. This was based on a eggm power up geeks in the orignal american magic as part of a plot to discreet the chaotix crew
Well if Navy doesn't get back to you, how about the use of these characters in the next mainline sonic game: Perfect Chaos.
Can I have the Sega Aurora’s technical specs?
Those specs are on its post, Toby. Just look in the threadmarks.

- Entertainment Tonight

Hard Copy
- Access Hollywood

- TV Guide

- Variety
1. That's good. Hopefully Firefly can still be made if Whedon can control himself better for now on ITTL.
2. Soooooo... I hate to ask this but who is part of the NWA in this timeline? 20 bucks Cornette is part of it but who else is in charge. Actually does the NWA have the territories like they used to have OTL or did that go away like the dodo? As for the wrestler who could help shape the NWA, and I'm gonna be blunt. Please let it be Triple H.
3. Looks like Sky TV 2.0 is ready for an epic fail before it starts.
4. 700 Club on AEG TV. whatever, never cared for the show. So moving on.
5. Sounds pretty good actually. Hope it works out.

1. That's good. Hopefully Firefly can still be made if Whedon can control himself better for now on ITTL.
2. Soooooo... I hate to ask this but who is part of the NWA in this timeline? 20 bucks Cornette is part of it but who else is in charge. Actually does the NWA have the territories like they used to have OTL or did that go away like the dodo? As for the wrestler who could help shape the NWA, and I'm gonna be blunt. Please let it be Triple H.
3. Looks like Sky TV 2.0 is ready for an epic fail before it starts.
4. 700 Club on AEG TV. whatever, never cared for the show. So moving on.
5. Sounds pretty good actually. Hope it works out.
1) The Joss Whedon Rehab Tour is already under way.
2) Okay so we'll have both Curt Hennig and Paul Levesque on board. Now we'll have to pick between Shane McMahon, Gave Sapolsky, Jim Cornette, Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman to actually lead the NWA.
3) and 4) Unfortunately some people don't learn from other people's failures. If AEG does flame out, Anschutz and the Kochs will each have more than enough to pour into it.
5) I think I might need some help with the storylines. DM me if you guys have any ideas.

2) Okay so we'll have both Curt Hennig and Paul Levesque on board. Now we'll have to pick between Shane McMahon, Gave Sapolsky, Jim Cornette, Eric Bischoff or Paul Heyman to actually lead the NWA.
Why Shane McMahon? Also Jim Cornette and Heyman could work? Maybe? If not then maybe Bischoff and McMahon could work for a while?
3) and 4) Unfortunately some people don't learn from other people's failures. If AEG does flame out, Anschutz and the Kochs will each have more than enough to pour into it.
Then I will be ready to watch their world burn. *goes and make popcorn*