As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I see Oswald as the March Hare.
At most I'd give the March Hare a color scheme that serves as a reference to Oswald rather than directly using Oswald's design. Mostly because it feels distracting and the future Disney Alice movie should focus on being an adaptation of the book rather than being Mickey's Alice in Wonderland.

At most I'd give the March Hare a color scheme that serves as a reference to Oswald rather than directly using Oswald's design. Mostly because it feels distracting and the future Disney Alice movie should focus on being an adaptation of the book rather than being Mickey's Alice in Wonderland.

And also, we're gonna need different actors for the Mad Hatter, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, etc.

And also, we're gonna need different actors for the Mad Hatter, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, etc.
Do you like my idea of using a live action alice in a cartoon wonderland as a reference to Alice Commdey. Also what about my idea of oslwad as the white rabit or march hare and julis as the cherishire cat. Putting in julius and Oswald would make it a tirbutie to Walts per mickey work

Do you like my idea of using a live action alice in a cartoon wonderland as a reference to Alice Commdey. Also what about my idea of oslwad as the white rabit or march hare and julis as the cherishire cat. Putting in julius and Oswald would make it a tirbutie to Walts per mickey work

No offense, but I actually don't. Sorry.

Any chance of getting Frank Welker in the cast? Paul Frees is probably another good choice. I just don't know many voice actors active in the era. I'd suggest Mel Blanc but I don't see him working on a Disney film.

No offense, but I actually don't. Sorry.
My idea was that the "real world" bookends be live-action whereas Wonderland is animated. So Alice would be live-action in the beginning and the end but animated throughout the rest of the movie. So basically the James and the Giant Peach treatment except with traditional animation instead of stop-motion.

Any chance of getting Frank Welker in the cast? Paul Frees is probably another good choice. I just don't know many voice actors active in the era. I'd suggest Mel Blanc but I don't see him working on a Disney film.

My idea was that the "real world" bookends be live-action whereas Wonderland is animated. So Alice would be live-action in the beginning and the end but animated throughout the rest of the movie. So basically the James and the Giant Peach treatment except with traditional animation instead of stop-motion.

Mel has already provided incidental voices at Disney ITTL.

Ok. That makes more sense.

Mel has already provided incidental voices at Disney ITTL.

Ok. That makes more sense.

Then there's no reason why he can't have a part, especially if this film has more stuff from the book to replace the stuff from the sequel they'd not be including in this film.

It's just a convenient way of showing the difference between the real world and the dream world of Wonderland.

Peter Rabbit (1957 Film)
Peter Rabbit
2702.jpg

Released by Walt Disney on May 31, 1957.

Based on the Beatrix Potter book.

Directed by
Hamilton Luske
Wolfgang Reitherman
Bill Justice

Story
Bill Peet
Ralph Wright
T. Hee
Larry Clemmons
Milt Banta

Animation
Frank Thomas
Ollie Johnston
Milt Kahl
John Lounsbery
Don Bluth
Floyd Norman
Willie Ito
Iwao Takamoto
Whitey Larkin
Retta Scott
Cliff Nordberg
Eric Cleworth
Fred Hellmich
Josh Meador
Blaine Gibson
Judge Whitaker

Layout
Xavier Atencio
Ken Anderson
Vance Gerry
Basil Davidovich
Dick Ung
Al Zinnen

Backgrounds
Eyvind Earle
Jimi Trout
Claude Coats
Al Dempster
Thelma Witmer
Collin Campbell
Art Riley

Music
George Bruns

Songs
Mel Leven

Voices
Jerry Mathers as Peter Rabbit
Janet Waldo as Flopsy
Lucille Bliss as Mopsy
June Foray as Cottontail
Barbara Jo Allen as Mrs. Rabbit
J. Pat O'Malley as Mr. McGregor

The movie does follow the original 1902 book a little bit, but there's a lot of padding put it to ensure a 75 minute running time.​

The Birth of Hanna-Barbera
tzzaro4ngs411.jpg

Narration by Jack Nicholson (From the documentary Tom and Jerry's 50th Birthday Bash)
"By the mid-1950's, Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera had won eight Oscars for their wildly successful Tom and Jerry cartoon series. When longtime producer Fred Quimby left for Warner Bros. in 1948, MGM appointed Dave Fleischer in hopes of keeping the momentum going. Then in 1955, Dave abruptly left MGM to become a director at the newly formed Grantray-Lawrence studio. Two years later, MGM abruptly closed own its cartoon division as the animation business continued to shift toward television.

Bill Hanna (1990 interview)
"In 1955, we thought we would still be making Tom and Jerry cartoons well into 1975, or even into 1985 and retire on our pensions."

Joe Barbera (1990 interview)
"You can't really blame MGM for closing us down in '57. TV was making its first inroads on the old movie palaces and they probably saw the writing on the wall."

Nicholson (Cont'd)
"After MGM shut the doors on its cartoon department, Bill and Joe quickly got back on their feet by forming their own studio; Hanna-Barbera Productions. Working on a $5,000 USD budget, they came out with a five minute TV pilot called Ruff and Reddy."

g3t7v89VZNVBdunGcm1EqYIuktU.jpg

The staff of Hanna-Barbera's early days would seem like the first year roster of a sports team coming into existence through expansion. But the veteran experience of those who hopped on board would set the tone for decades to come.

Notable Hanna-Barbera staff in 1957-58
Warren Foster (from Warner Bros)
Michael Maltese (from Warner Bros)
Art Davis (from Warner Bros)
Charles August Nichols (from Disney)
Joe Grant (from Disney)
Hugh Fraser (from Disney)
Michael Lah (from MGM)
Carlo Vinci (from Famous)
Dan Gordon (from Famous)
Willie Ito (from Disney)
Ed Benedict (from Fox)
Walt Clinton (from Fox)
Dick Bickenbach (from MGM)
Dick Lundy (from MGM)
Kenneth Muse (from MGM)
Art Goble (from MGM)
Fernando Montealegre (from MGM)
Zack Dillinger (from Famous) [1]

[1] Fictional animator​

Mickey Mouse Club (1950's version)
And before I forget, the Mickey Mouse Club was the other TV show Disney made for ABC in exchange for Disneyland financing.

The Mousketeers and whatnot from this first incarnation are pretty much the same as OTL.​

I'd love to see John Hubley and Bill Melendez join Fleischer-Terry full time. Imagine what they could bring to the table.

I'd love to see John Hubley and Bill Melendez join Fleischer-Terry full time. Imagine what they could bring to the table.

Hubley and Melendez have pretty much parted ways by this point.

So what's ruby and Spears at this point?

Joe Ruby and Ken Spears have just joined HB as film editors.

I was actually hoping that HB would be a subsidiary of MGM, so as to soften the blow of the cartoon studio shutting down. Your thoughts on this?

MGM pretty much decided it was cheaper just to license the old theatrical shorts for television rather than continue making new ones.

Hubley and Melendez have pretty much parted ways by this point.

Joe Ruby and Ken Spears have just joined HB as film editors.

MGM pretty much decided it was cheaper just to license the old theatrical shorts for television rather than continue making new ones.

Will mgm ever renter theater toons. They did twice in real life. The first time was in 1961 when they outsourced 12 tom and Jerry shorts to the Czechoslovakian firm Rembrandt Flims. MGM was not the only studio to outsource to Rembrandt Flims, so did Paramount. In 1962 MGM outsourced tom and Jerry to Sib Tower 12 inc. Sib Tower inc was founded by Chuck Jones. MGM bought out Sib tour in 1964 and Renamed it MGM Visual arts

William M. Gaines (below, left) continues to publish Tales from the Crypt, The Haunt of Fear and the Vault of Horror while Mad has remained in its comic book format.
Will EC ever get into superhero comics? I think even without the CCA I see horror and true crime comics going out of style like every thing else. If horror and crime do remain popular will this have an affect on war and western comics?
As for the struggling Timely Comics, Martin Goodman (below) has contemplated selling Timely to Walt Disney Productions for about three years now.
I hope not because I don't think Disney would let Kirby and Lee to create Marvel Comics as we know them.
The copyright feud between Fawcett and National continues to rage, even though Captain Marvel's name has changed to Captain Thunder two years ago
A name change will have little effect on the court case between the two companies.

Will EC ever get into superhero comics? I think even without the CCA I see horror and true crime comics going out of style like every thing else. If horror and crime do remain popular will this have an affect on war and western comics?

I hope not because I don't think Disney would let Kirby and Lee to create Marvel Comics as we know them.

A name change will have little effect on the court case between the two companies.

It'll be likely that Disney buys Timely/Marvel AFTER those characters prove successful...if things hold steady of course.

If EC does get into the superhero market, it'll likely be parodies in the same vein as Mad Magazine. Tales from the Crypt might be the last horror book standing should the genre disappear from newsstands.

Yeah, but new ownership at Fawcett hopes to fight back against National.

Pacfic Ocean Park was one of Disneyland first major competitors. It was a modern redesgin of an old fashion amument pier Ocean Park Peir in Santa Monica. It was killed in the 60's by an urban renewal project that made reaching the park difficult. The Peir that Pacfic Ocean Park was Built on was razed in 19 Santa Monic was also home to Newcomb Pier. Like Ocean Park Pier Newcomb Pier was in need a remodeling during the 50.. Newcomb Park was remodled in the 80's and is now known as Santa Monica Peir. If Pacfic Ocean Park was built on Newcomb Peir Pacfic Ocean Park may have surrived. Perhaps if Pacfic Ocean Park surrived it could be bought out by Disney in the 80's or 90's and turned into Diseny SEA