As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
Voted for both of them. (Beetlejuice to Buena Vista, Die Hard to RKO.) I picked RKO for Die Hard because they need a movie to "relaunch" the studio as a major studio.

Voted for both of them. (Beetlejuice to Buena Vista, Die Hard to RKO.) I picked RKO for Die Hard because they need a movie to "relaunch" the studio as a major studio.
Oddly enough, my heart said to vote for Beetlejuice to go to Buena Vista, but my brain said that Warner should have a bankable franchise to fall back on that isn't the Looney Tunes or Speed Racer if they don't own HB or DC in this timeline.

What about the Sonic franchise ITTL, OldNavy1988? Is it gonna be the Mighty franchise like in the original American Magic TL? Not trying to sound spammy, but still.

I still support sonic being the star of the main games, but I believe a fair compromise would be for Mighty to be the lead character in a successful series of spin off games that sell well but don’t become popular enough to overshadow the original Sonic.

PNWKing

Banned
rko-logo.png

I'd assume that a more professional version of this logo could be used at the opening of RKO films. And the A Coca-Cola Company byline probably has Coca-Cola in script, rather than as part of the text.

PNWKing

Banned
Is the logo supposed to be a Coca-Cola bottle surrounding the RKO pole? If so, that is a great idea to involve both companies in one continuous logo!
Yeah, I guess. I kind of imagined it as a Coke bottle for the RKO pole, but I could see it your way now. I just suck as an artist. Remember, that the logo would be made with actual software rather than just MS Paint. Now, if only I could find a way to include the peacock in there.

Yeah, I guess. I kind of imagined it as a Coke bottle for the RKO pole, but I could see it your way now. I just suck as an artist. Remember, that the logo would be made with actual software rather than just MS Paint. Now, if only I could find a way to include the peacock in there.
It's no sweat on my eyebrows, because I'm also a poor artist who has brighter ideas in my head.

Now that you think about it, you could simply insert the peacock feathers around the bottle's perimeter, since it looks intriguingly close to the Peacock itself. If you know about the iconic "Sneezing Peacock" video, you'll understand why.

PNWKing

Banned
It's no sweat on my eyebrows, because I'm also a poor artist who has brighter ideas in my head.

Now that you think about it, you could simply insert the peacock feathers around the bottle's perimeter, since it looks intriguingly close to the Peacock itself. If you know about the iconic "Sneezing Peacock" video, you'll understand why.
Maybe the peacock feathers could only be used for RKO Television, to indicate the studio's relationship with NBC. To be fair, @OldNavy1988 hasn't canonized it yet.

What about the Sonic franchise ITTL, OldNavy1988? Is it gonna be the Mighty franchise like in the original American Magic TL? Not trying to sound spammy, but still.

I still support sonic being the star of the main games, but I believe a fair compromise would be for Mighty to be the lead character in a successful series of spin off games that sell well but don’t become popular enough to overshadow the original Sonic.
Funny thing though. Before Sonic 1 began development, Yuji Naka was programming another game for the Genesis: Metal Lancer. This project was ultimately cancelled for being too complex for the hardware, but depending on how powerful and the features of the Summit are; maybe Naka could work on this project while another programmer is placed alongside Naoto Oshima and Hirokazu Yasuhara?

PNWKing

Banned
Is Turner considering opening the animation studio soon? If so, I wonder if he has a project in mind. My idea is that the project is an adaptation of the picture book I Love You Forever by Robert Munch (although Daniel Abbott might as well object to that one because he would read into the mother incestous implications. like his mom.) Another project might be the old book series Hank the Cowdog.

Is Turner considering opening the animation studio soon? If so, I wonder if he has a project in mind. My idea is that the project is an adaptation of the picture book I Love You Forever by Robert Munch (although Daniel Abbott might as well object to that one because he would read into the mother incestous implications. like his mom.) Another project might be the old book series Hank the Cowdog.
I'd go with Hank the Cowdog on this one. Heck, why not make it a franchise, with a movie first and then an animated series?

Beetlejuice (1988 Movie)
Beetlejuice
beetlejuice.jpg

Released by Warner Bros. on March 30, 1988.

Production Companies
Tim Burton Productions
The Geffen Film Company

Directed by
Tim Burton

Executive Producer
David Geffen

Screenplay by
Michael McDowell
Warren Skaaren

Music by
Danny Elfman

Cast
Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse (pronounced Beetlejuice)
Alec Baldwin as Adam Maitland
Geena Davis as Barbara Maitland
Barry Bostwick as Charles Deetz
Catherine O'Hara as Delia Deetz
Winona Ryder as Lydia Deetz
Sylvia Sidney as Juno
Robert Goulet as Maxie Dean
Dick Cavett as Bernard
Glenn Shadix as Otho
Annie McEnroe as Jane Butterfield
Tony Cox as Preacher
Jack Angel (voice)

After directing Frankenweenie and Iron Man, Tim Burton's contract with the Disney organization had expired and he sought greener pastures elsewhere. Once Beetlejuice proved to be a smash hit, Warner Bros. and Geffen fast-tracked the development of an animated series. A tie-in graphic novel by Warner Pacific Comics soon followed.​

I might have Rick Rich, the Swan Princess guy be the head of UA Animation unless there's someone else that might be better. Maybe Brad Bird?