As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Spain is the most likely for a European Disney park (either in Valencia, Andalusia, or Catalonia) but Italy is also a good bet if they're able to snag a sizeable plot of flat land. Not entirely sure on Greece since the terrain is famously rugged and mountainous (maybe a park in Macedonia could work...?).

Spain is the most likely for a European Disney park (either in Valencia, Andalusia, or Catalonia) but Italy is also a good bet if they're able to snag a sizeable plot of flat land. Not entirely sure on Greece since the terrain is famously rugged and mountainous (maybe a park in Macedonia could work...?).
Which areas in Spain specifically do you think have the most ideal land?

Which areas in Spain specifically do you think have the most ideal land?
In OTL Disney chose Pego-Oliva as the frontrunner for the Spanish locations, but that's already done in A Hippie in the House of Mouse. Spanish articles did mention that Wing Chao and other Imagineers also scouted other locations in Valencia (Cabalares, Santa Pola, Sagunto, etc.) which could be possible alternatives. Still, I also think that the PortAdventura location is a good idea, so those four might be the most likely aside from an Italian location.

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
Italy of course has Rainbow Magicland's OTL location in Valmontone. This park was only built in 2006. However, EuroDisney was built there in the original American Magic.

Italy of course has Rainbow Magicland's OTL location in Valmontone. This park was only built in 2006. However, EuroDisney was built there in the original American Magic.
If the choice is contentious enough then maybe a poll would suffice, but I'm definitely on board with an Italian Disneyland in Rome, although I do have to admit that since I didn't read the original American Magic, building the park there isn't going to feel like a copy for me.

Last edited:
Oldnavy have you ever heard of the the novel immorality inc. Some People say it Rivals The hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy as the greast peice of Scifi Comedy ever written. In 1992 it was lously adpated in a Failed flim called Freejack. Freejack was a whole lot more serious and added a dysptian angle. I like the idea of a more succesull and fatelfull to orignal book imortialy inc movie being made

PNWKing

Banned
Can we please butterfly Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's. I feel like part of the reason Back to The Future isn't rerun on cable a lot is that Fox's Parkinson's makes the scene of Marty slowly fading out of the picture slightly hard to watch. (That plus the fact that Doc Brown buying uranium from terrorists might come off as once again tasteless or insensitive after 9/11.) (Both of those scenes are plot important, so they're kind of hard to cut out without removing the work entirely.)

PNWKing

Banned
I kind of feel like Jordan Belfort should start a studio ITTL. Would it be possible for the studio to be named something like Spyglass Entertainment, Hollywood Pictures, DreamWorks, or Belfort Entertainment Group?

I kind of feel like Jordan Belfort should start a studio ITTL. Would it be possible for the studio to be named something like Spyglass Entertainment, Hollywood Pictures, DreamWorks, or Belfort Entertainment Group?
How about Repurt Murdoch going bankrupt and selling mirmax to jordden blefort

Bally's already got dibs on Hollywood Pictures ITTL.

Last edited:
Entertainment News for July 1987
Disney brings Snow White back to theatres thanks a restoration of the film in partnership with YCM Laboratories.
- The Hollywood Reporter

"Snow White" shines once again on the fiftieth anniversary of the film.
- The New York Times

Walt Disney, Jr.: "Everyone in Hollywood laughed at my dad when he decided to make Snow White. For a while, in fact, the project was mockingly called 'Disney's Folly.' But when the film premiered at the old Carthay Circle Theatre right before Christmas of '37, Dad ended up having the last laugh!"
- Larry King Live on CNN

'Heigh Ho' headlines the first volume of Disney's new series of 'Sing Along Songs' videocassettes.
- TV Guide

Disney brings Snow White back to theatres thanks a restoration of the film in partnership with YCM Laboratories.
- The Hollywood Reporter
"Snow White" shines once again on the fiftieth anniversary of the film.
- The New York Times
Walt Disney, Jr.: "Everyone in Hollywood laughed at my dad when he decided to make Snow White. For a while, in fact, the project was mockingly called 'Disney's Folly.' But when the film premiered at the old Carthay Circle Theatre right before Christmas of '37, Dad ended up having the last laugh!"
- Larry King Live on CNN

'Heigh Ho' headlines the first volume of Disney's new series of 'Sing Along Songs' videocassettes.
- TV Guide
This is beautiful. That's the post.

As it should be, considering OTL's videocassettes began with Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from Song of the South for its 40th Anniversary, despite being retroactively named the second volume. The first volume, and the second release, was Heigh Ho. I was confused growing up about why that would happen, and it looks like I wouldn't have that confusion ITTL.

PNWKing

Banned
Would it be possible for restorations of the other early Disney films to premier, perhaps as a partnership with Kodak or Polaroid?

PNWKing

Banned
While I was on the topic, I wonder if Kodak could have fired their top management and replaced them with people that actually had the foresight to predict that this "digital camera" thing was going to be big.

PNWKing

Banned
For that matter, I believe that I have a certain kind of bias. Like when I say, "Could Warren Buffett buy Sears so Sears doesn't decline as much." Now Sears declined as a result of several factors, including the rise of Internet retail, the decline of the Midwest/Rust Belt and of the American Middle Class in general, and the rise of chains like Wal-Mart & Target that did what Sears did for cheaper. But one of those factors is that a guy named Edward Lampert has owned Sears since 2005. So I basically said that if you removed Edward Lampert from the equation and replaced him with Warren Buffett that Sears wouldn't have declined as much. This is basically what happened with Kodak, would anyone have known that digital cameras were more than a passing fad in 1987.