As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Does anybody like the idea of an original themepark in Phoenix Philadelphia Deorit San Degio Or Portland

San Diego might be good if the Lego Group doesn't enter the theme park business. Phoenix and Detroit would have to be indoors to have year round business.

I gotta ask, what happens to the Super Mario franchise ITTL?

Mario franchise right now is still the same as OTL. HOWEVER, It'll be either DiC, Murakami-Wolf-Swenson or Film Roman that get to work on the Super Mario Bros Super Show by decades end.

July 1987 Movies
Adventures in Babysitting
HT-adventures-in-babysitting-jef-170629_4x3t_992.jpg

Released by 20th Century-Fox.

InnerSpace
maxresdefault.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.
Produced by Amblin Entertainment.

La Bamba
la-bamba-still.jpeg

Released by Columbia Pictures.
The story of Ritchie Valens, whose life and career were tragically cut short by The Day The Music Died.

The Lost Boys
the-lost-boys-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Released by Warner Bros.​

HOWEVER, It'll be either DiC, Murakami-Wolf-Swenson or Film Roman that get to work on the Super Mario Bros Super Show by decades end.
I would actually have Film Roman take on Mario. Get Mark Evanier to helm the Super Show, and I'm sure we'd have an improvement compared to OTL's project.

After all, DiC probably has its hands full as it is without getting the biggest name in gaming under their roof, what with the Madeline movie.

RoboCop (1987 Film)
RoboCop
robocop01.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on July 17, 1987.

Directed by
Paul Verhoeven

Produced by
Arne Schmidt

Written by
Edward Neumeier
Michael Miner

Music
Basil Poldedouris

Cast
Peter Weller as Alex Murphy/RoboCop
Nancy Allen as Anne Lewis
Daniel O'Herlihy as The Old Man
Ronny Cox as Dick Jones
Kurtwood Smith as Clarence Boddicker
Miguel Ferrer as Bob Morton​

PNWKing

Banned
OK, so can we please butterfly Miguel Ferrer's throat cancer. Fun fact: His 1st cousin was actor George Clooney, as his mom was Rosemary Clooney.

The Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland (1987 Film)
The Care Bears Adventure in Wonderland
tumblr_pbkuprs2GV1tlm3s8o8_640.jpg

Released by TriStar Pictures on August 7, 1987

Production Companies
Those Characters from Cleveland
Nelvana (Los Angeles office)

Directed by
Zack Dillinger

Produced by
Patrick Loubert
Clive A. Smith
Michael Hirsh

Story
Peter Sauder
Susan Snooks
John De Klein

Music and Songs by
Joe Raposo

Voices
Bob Dermer as Grumpy Bear
Eva Almos as Swift Heart Rabbit
Dan Hennessey as Brave Heart Lion / Dum
Jim Henshaw as Tender Heart Bear
Marla Lukofsky as Good Luck Bear
Luba Goy as Lots-a-Heart Elephant
Keith Knight as the White Rabbit
Tiffany Brissette as Alice
Jonathan Freeman as the Wizard
John Stocker as Dim
LL Cool J as Cheshire Cat
Don McManus the Caterpillar
Elizabeth Hanna as the Queen of Wonderland
Alan Fawcett as the Flamingo
Hamilton Camp as Mad Hatter
Joe Alaskey as Jabberwocky ("Stan")
Alyson Court as the Princess of Wonderland​

I have a burning question, and it first popped up when the Madeline movie was mentioned...

Did Saban and DIC merge into one entity during this month or earlier?

Not yet. They're just collaborating.
Okay. I just thought that they did because you mentioned both companies a short while after I suggested merging both of them due to their shared independence.

Then again, given how a good chunk of Saban's early years were spent collaborating with DIC, including Haim Saban doing the music for Inspector Gadget, maybe I should have held my horses and not jumped to conclusions.

Production on The Brave Little Toaster took place at the Scottish branch of Grantray-Lawrence, which opened a few months prior to the release of The Black Cauldron. Meanwhile, Oliver and Company, which is slated for a Thanksgiving release, is being produced at Disney's main office in Burbank.

The Brave Little Toaster was the first film to host its UK premiere at Hampden Park since the rebuild.​
Interesting having a Scottish animation branch here. I do wonder if down the line we get a larger animation presence in the UK that the studio might get annexed into a larger company here? E.G as part of a Scottish wing of a more stronger Cosgrove studios lets say?

With Hampden rebuilt (not Hampdump as many of us call it for being such a shitty stadium) what is its seating capacity here or what is the basis of the design here?

Finally regarding Universal parks, will we get to see the London project happen ITTL? This video goes into quite a good amount of detail about it.
Nice to see if more UK parks open or survive here.

San Diego might be good if the Lego Group doesn't enter the theme park business. Phoenix and Detroit would have to be indoors to have year round business.

Mario franchise right now is still the same as OTL. HOWEVER, It'll be either DiC, Murakami-Wolf-Swenson or Film Roman that get to work on the Super Mario Bros Super Show by decades end.
I personally Sandegio May be able handle 2 parks if one is legoland because legoland is geated more towards families with small childern. If you still don't think think sandeigo can supoort legoland and another park then why not build skip lego land calforian and build legoland Newyork early. Lego land Newyork was suppose to open in 2020 otl but covid got in the way

PNWKing

Banned
Acutely acroding to wikipedia Rosemary was George's Aunt not his mother.
So here's how it works. Rosemary Clooney was married to Jose Ferrer. Miguel Ferrer was their son. Nick Clooney is Rosemary Clooney's brother. George Clooney is Nick Clooney's son.

Interesting having a Scottish animation branch here. I do wonder if down the line we get a larger animation presence in the UK that the studio might get annexed into a larger company here? E.G as part of a Scottish wing of a more stronger Cosgrove studios lets say?

With Hampden rebuilt (not Hampdump as many of us call it for being such a shitty stadium) what is its seating capacity here or what is the basis of the design here?

Finally regarding Universal parks, will we get to see the London project happen ITTL? This video goes into quite a good amount of detail about it.
Nice to see if more UK parks open or survive here.
Cosgrove Hall and Aardman will still exist ITTL, but Scotland will most likely be home to satellite offices of the major American and Canadian studios. Right now, the Glasgow office of Grantray-Lawrence is working on Who Framed Roger Rabbit with Richard Williams. After that, their next project is DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Nelvana is opening a Scottish branch too, except in Edinburgh. Their first projects will be Babar and the Adventures of Tintin with Ellipse Programme.

As for Hampden Park, the seating bowl is much closer to the soccer pitch, so high-profile track and field events will instead shift to an expanded Meadowbank in Edinburgh for the time being. The floor space at Hampden will be the appropriate size for the occasional Celtic/Rangers match, Champions League, Euro Cup or the World Cup. But it'll still be big enough for rugby union & league, plus American Football and maybe WrestleMania.

IOTL it seems that the Universal London park was scuttled by environmental concerns. Should it be indoors? Would Milton Keynes be a better place, or could there still be somewhere adjacent to London where a park could work? Maybe the OTL site of the 2012 Olympic Stadium and current home of West Ham United?

Cosgrove Hall and Aardman will still exist ITTL, but Scotland will most likely be home to satellite offices of the major American and Canadian studios. Right now, the Glasgow office of Grantray-Lawrence is working on Who Framed Roger Rabbit with Richard Williams. After that, their next project is DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Nelvana is opening a Scottish branch too, except in Edinburgh. Their first projects will be Babar and the Adventures of Tintin with Ellipse Programme.
1: So, will Treasure of the Lost Lamp release a year earlier in 1989?
2: Will this other Nelvana studio increase the rate of production and the amount of new projects in the studio? Even after Hasbro decides to cut ties with them?

1: So, will Treasure of the Lost Lamp release a year earlier in 1989?
2: Will this other Nelvana studio increase the rate of production and the amount of new projects in the studio? Even after Hasbro decides to cut ties with them?
1. Pretty much yeah.
2. Nelvana also has an American branch in Los Angeles and an Australian branch in Sydney if that helps too.