As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Yes. You can call it Paramount Summit, Paramount Pinnacle, or Paramount Peak.
Parmount Pincle was the namer of a park compelx in the oringal american magic. I would only use the parmount pincle name if there is room enough around mairne land to build a second gate. Parmont sumit make me think of sega summit the ornigla american magic name for the sega master systme. I would eith call the sega genis the sega summint or use sega sumit as the name for a sega theme section of parmonet's theme parks. I would call the renamed mairne lan Paramount park paramount moutian or parmount peak.

I feel we need atleast one theme park oringal to the time lien. I would have it be built by either turner cbs or henson

Is it not to late to say phoneix's legend city

Entertainment News for February 1987
Bernie Kosar and the Cleveland Browns upset the heavily favored New York Giants in Super Bowl XI.
- SportsCenter

Gulf+Western weighing the options of acquiring the now-shuttered Marineland from Six Kings, or to acquire Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.
- The Orange County Register

Former KECO administrative employees will move from their old Cincinnati office into the new headquarters of Six Kings.
- The Dallas Morning News

Grand Diamond in talks with Disney, Universal and Bally for a theme park licensing deal for the Xenomorph franchise and possibly the upcoming summer film Predator.
- The Hollywood Reporter

At a shareholder's meeting, Walt Disney, Jr. teases the transfer of the Disney weekly anthology series from SBC to the newborn Fox network by 1988. At the moment, Fox's sole national program is Up Late with Arsenio Hall.
- Variety

ALF
, Golden Girls and the Bullwinkle reboot are the big hits on Post-Cosby NBC.
- TV Guide

Gulf+Western weighing the options of acquiring the now-shuttered Marineland from Six Kings, or to acquire Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.
- The Orange County Register

Former KECO administrative employees will move from their old Cincinnati office into the new headquarters of Six Kings.
- The Dallas Morning News

Grand Diamond in talks with Disney, Universal and Bally for a theme park licensing deal for the Xenomorph franchise and possibly the upcoming summer film Predator.
- The Hollywood Reporter

At a shareholder's meeting, Walt Disney, Jr. teases the transfer of the Disney weekly anthology series from SBC to the newborn Fox network by 1988. At the moment, Fox's sole national program is Up Late with Arsenio Hall.
- Variety

ALF
, Golden Girls and the Bullwinkle reboot are the big hits on Post-Cosby NBC.
- TV Guide
I'd buy Knott's Berry Farm in this instance.

Glad to see my idea for what to call this merger went off without a hitch.

I think that Universal could use it. Can you imagine the Extra-TERROR-estrial ride at Universal Studios Orlando with the Xenomorph brand? That would be splendiferous!

Go for it. I say that it would boost the network practically overnight.

And all three are loaded with topical comedy to spare. I sense a pattern in the air, and I love it!

I'd buy Knott's Berry Farm in this instance.

Glad to see my idea for what to call this merger went off without a hitch.

I think that Universal could use it. Can you imagine the Extra-TERROR-estrial ride at Universal Studios Orlando with the Xenomorph brand? That would be splendiferous!

Go for it. I say that it would boost the network practically overnight.

And all three are loaded with topical comedy to spare. I sense a pattern in the air, and I love it!

Yeah, because Marineland didn't have enough room to expand and was taking up space for housing right?

I think you may be onto something because the OTL Alien Encounter didn't really fit the Disney Parks, right?

Besides the anthology series, I'm trying to decide which of the following to keep at Fox for the Spring 1987 half-season and which to send to...I guess SBC?
- 21 Jump Street
- Married with Children
- The Tracey Ullman Show

Yeah, because Marineland didn't have enough room to expand and was taking up space for housing right?

I think you may be onto something because the OTL Alien Encounter didn't really fit the Disney Parks, right?

Besides the anthology series, I'm trying to decide which of the following to keep at Fox for the Spring 1987 half-season and which to send to...I guess SBC?
- 21 Jump Street
- Married with Children
- The Tracey Ullman Show
Actually, I chose Knott's because it has a recognizable brand name right out of the gate.

Yeah. There's a reason why Stitch's Great Escape existed IOTL.

I'd move Married with Children to SBC, while the other two shows should remain on Fox.

Last edited:
That's not completely true, as Disney wanted to put the ride in Disneyland who had a large amount of teenagers and young adults entering the park. However, for whatever reason, they put it in the Magic Kingdom, a place where families spend their vacations there, including young children. That didn't end well.

I think the Xenomorph ride is a perfect fit for Universal, though.

Entertainment News for March 1987
Recent public domain entries like Eastland Girls and Fat Albert are popping up on video store displays at retailers across North America and the so-called "budget labels" like Kids Klassics, Goodtimes, Video Treasures, New Age Video, UAV Entertainment and Burbank Video are cashing in by the bucketload!!!
- The Today Show

Grand Diamond signs a lucrative deal to license the Xenomorph franchise for Universal's upcoming Orlando theme park.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Famous Studios is gearing up for its first project of the post-Lantz era; a Mighty Mouse reboot for Saturday Mornings later this fall. Ralph Bakshi will oversee the project under John W. Hyde, the new head of Famous' TV animation unit. Bruce Timm, Tom Minton and Eddie Fitzgerald are among many Famous staffers on board with the project, along with Obie Scott Wade, who has only been at Famous for eighteen months. Recent CalArts graduates Rich Moore and Jim Reardon join the team. Also joining is Lynne Naylor, who recently worked on The Aristocats for Hanna-Barbera.
- Animation Magazine

Warner Bros. moves the Chuck Jones/Dr. Seuss project The Butter Battle Book up from Thanksgiving to Halloween 1989. A spokesperson for Warner Bros. said that studio vice president Terry Semel was warned that going directly head to head with Disney's The Little Mermaid, also slated for a Thanksgiving '89 release, would be "a potentially Kamikaze move," and that an earlier release would give Butter a "...better chance in a month usually slow for family films."
- Variety

Disney is planning a yearlong celebration for Snow White's fiftieth anniversary, with a theatrical reissue of the classic film serving as the centerpiece.
- The New York Times

Recent public domain entries like Eastland Girls and Fat Albert are popping up on video store displays at retailers across North America and the so-called "budget labels" like Kids Klassics, Goodtimes, Video Treasures, New Age Video, UAV Entertainment and Burbank Video are cashing in by the bucketload!!!
- The Today Show

Grand Diamond signs a lucrative deal to license the Xenomorph franchise for Universal's upcoming Orlando theme park.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Famous Studios is gearing up for its first project of the post-Lantz era; a Mighty Mouse reboot for Saturday Mornings later this fall. Ralph Bakshi will oversee the project under John W. Hyde, the new head of Famous' TV animation unit. Bruce Timm, Tom Minton and Eddie Fitzgerald are among many Famous staffers on board with the project, along with Obie Scott Wade, who has only been at Famous for eighteen months. Recent CalArts graduates Rich Moore and Jim Reardon join the team. Also joining is Lynne Naylor, who recently worked on The Aristocats for Hanna-Barbera.
- Animation Magazine

Warner Bros. moves the Chuck Jones/Dr. Seuss project The Butter Battle Book up from Thanksgiving to Halloween 1989. A spokesperson for Warner Bros. said that studio vice president Terry Semel was warned that going directly head to head with Disney's The Little Mermaid, also slated for a Thanksgiving '89 release, would be "a potentially Kamikaze move," and that an earlier release would give Butter a "...better chance in a month usually slow for family films."
- Variety

Disney is planning a yearlong celebration for Snow White's fiftieth anniversary, with a theatrical reissue of the classic film serving as the centerpiece.
- The New York Times
As long as the age of the mockbuster is delayed a year or two, I don't care how it happens.

I take it that Predator will soon follow in a few years?

This gives me hope for how Famous Studios will handle their post-Lantz years.

And besides, there's nothing scarier than the author behind The Cat in the Hat tackling a current war with such tact and grace. Then again, we are talking about the guy most responsible for those old Private Snafu shorts during WWII.

I see. Well, good luck to the company.

- The Today Show

- The Hollywood Reporter

- Animation Magazine

- Variety

- The New York Times
I feel the universal oraldo's xenomorph ride would be succesu but it be alot different form ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. It would probbly drop the XS Tech angle. I hope the xs tech angle will be used for a differnt ride at disney. Perhaps a dark ride themed to a tour of xs techs facotry which is filled with bunch of wacky overly complexed rube goldburg meachiches.

Last edited:
Actually, I chose Knott's because it has a recognizable brand name right out of the gate.

Yeah. There's a reason why Stitch's Great Escape exists.

I'd move Married with Children to SBC, while the other two shows should remain on Fox.
Stich's Great escape was closed and replaced with a character meet-and-greet about three years ago.

As we are in 1987 here how will Doctor Who be going on here? Think you mentioned in the original TL that Colin Baker doesn't get screwed over here so maybe the same happens here?

As we are in 1987 here how will Doctor Who be going on here? Think you mentioned in the original TL that Colin Baker doesn't get screwed over here so maybe the same happens here?
Colin Baker is in a pretty good situation right now. So no, he never gets screwed over.

And in case you're wondering, Hampden Park has reopened for soccer/football competition. Like I said, the Scottish national football team shared Murrayfield with the national rugby team while Hampden was being rebuilt using the tourism monies generated by the UK premiere of ET.

Last edited:

PNWKing

Banned
Now, now, now, I don't want Fox to lose The Tracey Ullman Show. Because of a certain series of shorts on the The Tracey Ullman Show.

Now, now, now, I don't want Fox to lose The Tracey Ullman Show. Because of a certain series of shorts on the The Tracey Ullman Show.
I diseny arleady has a lot power. Giving Disney the simpson would led to thempontialy dominating adult animaiton and That would be to much power for dinsy in my books. Thus I would have sbc air tracey ullaman show and the simpsons

Metromeida owned Orion and a few after orion went out bussiness they attempted to re flim production by buying out samue gowyln company. I support the idea of warrent buffet buying out samueal gowylyn company. I find the idea some what ironicly. Alernaty Warren buffet could buyout some body shares of tirstar pictures

PNWKing

Banned
I think that Leona Helmsley should run for Governor of New York in 1990. I feel like her run for Governor of New York should implode because of several scandals. They should include her tax evasion, but also some kind of sexual harassment at MGM.