As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
Actually, would it possible for Disney to buy space in New York City? The Bonwit Teller site on which Donald Trump built Trump Tower IOTL should be available, and I'm sure Bonwit Teller would sell for chump change.

PNWKing

Banned
Actually, will it be possible to see a joint-venture of Global Crossing and Disney to serve as a cable service provider.

Actually, will it be possible to see a joint-venture of Global Crossing and Disney to serve as a cable service provider.
I'm not too familiar with Global Crossing, but there is a possibility of having a cable feed of Fox to serve markets that don't have an affiliate yet.

PNWKing

Banned
I think Tyco is a good buyout target. Tyco was sold to Mattel. The same company also made security systems. Tyco's most famous toy was called the Magna Doodle. This product after Tyco was sold to Mattel was rebranded under the Fisher-Price name and sold as the Doodle Pro. I feel like Gulf & Western, Bally, Berkshire Hathaway, Turner, or Disney would be a good buyout option. Plus, if Tyco is sold then any company that buys it might put custom designs on the Magna Doodle to promote their products.

I think Tyco is a good buyout target. Tyco was sold to Mattel. The same company also made security systems. Tyco's most famous toy was called the Magna Doodle. This product after Tyco was sold to Mattel was rebranded under the Fisher-Price name and sold as the Doodle Pro. I feel like Gulf & Western, Bally, Berkshire Hathaway, Turner, or Disney would be a good buyout option. Plus, if Tyco is sold then any company that buys it might put custom designs on the Magna Doodle to promote their products.
I belive Tyco toys was a sperate company form tyco indusite (the serurity systme manafucer)

Entertainment News for January 1987
Disney and Universal are both jockeying for third-party licensees for new parks expected to open right here in Orlando at decade's end. Disney is hoping to beat Universal to the punch with the Disney-Fox Studios, a third gate at the Walt Disney World resort themed around Hollywood glamor and glitter. Universal meanwhile is looking to expand beyond the backlot tour at its Los Angeles headquarters.
- The Orlando Sentinel

Bally completes its purchase of the now-shuttered Circus World park, hoping to gain traction on a market commonly associated with Disney and soon Universal.
- The Orlando Sentinel

Marineland in Palos Verdes is now up for sale.
- The Los Angeles Times

Las Vegas tourism officials in talks with the major park chains for a possible park to bring in younger visitors.
- CNN

The former Steeplechase Park in Brooklyn is now up for sale.
- The New York Times

RUMOR: Six Flags and Taft parks are both on Bally's shopping list next.
- The Chicago Tribune

PNWKing

Banned
Furthermore here's the list of companies acquired by Mattel: Tyco, Fisher-Price, the Pleasant Company (American Girl), Matchbox, and Mega Blox. I made an error: Selchow & Righter was acquired by Coleco in 1986. Since this was not mentioned in an update, I assume this proceeded as OTL.

Disney and Universal are both jockeying for third-party licensees for new parks expected to open right here in Orlando at decade's end. Disney is hoping to beat Universal to the punch with the Disney-Fox Studios, a third gate at the Walt Disney World resort themed around Hollywood glamor and glitter. Universal meanwhile is looking to expand beyond the backlot tour at its Los Angeles headquarters.
- The Orlando Sentinel

Bally completes its purchase of the now-shuttered Circus World park, hoping to gain traction on a market commonly associated with Disney and soon Universal.
- The Orlando Sentinel

- The Los Angeles Times

Las Vegas tourism officials in talks with the major park chains for a possible park to bring in younger visitors.
- CNN

- The New York Times

- The Chicago Tribune
Since Bally bought out circus world should they buyout barum bialy circus

Furthermore here's the list of companies acquired by Mattel: Tyco, Fisher-Price, the Pleasant Company (American Girl), Matchbox, and Mega Blox. I made an error: Selchow & Righter was acquired by Coleco in 1986. Since this was not mentioned in an update, I assume this proceeded as OTL.

Yes, Coleco did purchase Selchow & Righter.

PNWKing

Banned
I think that the bidders for the Steeplechase Park site include Bally, MCA, Turner, Warner, Gulf & Western, Berkshire Hathaway, Disney, Coca-Cola, and Coleco.

- The Orlando Sentinel

- The Orlando Sentinel

- The Los Angeles Times

- CNN

- The New York Times

- The Chicago Tribune
If a licensee has to be made for either company, I'd want Grand Diamond as Disney's partner, while Universal can make deals with The Jim Henson Company and Warner Bros.

Speaking of theme parks, can we have Bally NOT own every chain in sight?

PNWKing

Banned
Is Crocodile Dundee going to be a thing ITTL? And if so which studio should release it? I don't know. I think it would work as Fox, New Line, Grand Diamond, or even Cannon Films.

Is Crocodile Dundee going to be a thing ITTL? And if so which studio should release it? I don't know. I think it would work as Fox, New Line, Grand Diamond, or even Cannon Films.

Crocodile Dundee was made by Paramount and is the first film to feature the 75th Anniversary logo.