As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Namco doesn't own any TV channels, so they're still okay.

Bally is trying to build up their media arsenal at a much faster pace than it took Disney to pick up Marvel, Fox, Atari, etc.

No. Miramax's video label is a whole new entity. The conditions of News Corp's hiring of Bloom is that he couldn't bring FHE with him. Instead, FHE will be sold to Mario Kassar, head of Carolco.
I wasn't referring to the USA Network deal itself. In actuality, I was thinking about how we haven't seen much of Namco in a while, and I wanted to see what the staff was up to as of Spring 1986.

A much faster pace than that? Good luck, Bally. You'll need it!

So, who'll get to own and/or run the remainder of the NCB Group's fleet of distributors? We know that Miramax Home Entertainment will likely be in good hands, and we know that Carolco will probably be the new owner of Family Home Entertainment, but what about IVE and Celebrity?

I wasn't referring to the USA Network deal itself. In actuality, I was thinking about how we haven't seen much of Namco in a while, and I wanted to see what the staff was up to as of Spring 1986.

A much faster pace than that? Good luck, Bally. You'll need it!

So, who'll get to own and/or run the remainder of the NCB Group's fleet of distributors? We know that Miramax Home Entertainment will likely be in good hands, and we know that Carolco will probably be the new owner of Family Home Entertainment, but what about IVE and Celebrity?

Namco is still expanding its entertainment empire in Denver by purchasing Elitch Gardens and the naming rights to Mile High Stadium. The deep pockets of a guy like Pete Coors helps Namco a ton.

Yup.

The rest of NCB's labels will likely be gobbled by Berkshire Hathaway with Ron Miller in charge.

Namco is still expanding its entertainment empire in Denver by purchasing Elitch Gardens and the naming rights to Mile High Stadium. The deep pockets of a guy like Pete Coors helps Namco a ton.

The rest of NCB's labels will likely be gobbled by Berkshire Hathaway with Ron Miller in charge.
With acquisitions like those, it makes me wonder how soon it will be before we get a Pac-Man attraction in Elitch Gardens and/or a Namco Sports line of video games in general. Especially the latter idea.

This begs the question. How's Orion doing these days with the Filmation Follies, so to speak? For that matter, thanks to the Fox Movietoons revival, is a reimagining of The Pink Panther and the rest of the DePatie-Freleng collection in the cards?

As part of the USA Network getting the NFL Sunday night package, the network's co-owners are making some personnel changes. MCA has sold the Los Angeles Rams to Dr. Jerry Buss, chairman of the NBA's Lakers. Meanwhile, Gulf+Western has spun off its New York sports assets into a holding company called Madison Square Garden Holdings. MSG Holdings will serve as the new parent company for the New York Rangers (NHL), New York Knicks (NBA), Brooklyn Dodgers (MLB) and New York Jets (NFL).
- Sports Illustrated

Bally's board of directors approves a plan to form its own movie studio, Hollywood Pictures, by decades end. In the meantime, Bally is acquiring Media Home Entertainment, and with it, Hi Tops Video and Fox Hills Video.
- Variety

UA/TBS Home Video officially renamed Turner Home Entertainment.
- CNN

News Corp hires Noel C. Bloom to head the newly formed Miramax Home Entertainment. Bloom is the founder of NCB Entertainment Group, which includes such labels as Family Home Entertainment (FHE), International Video Entertainment (IVE), Celebrity Home Entertainment, Caballero Home Video and Monterey Home Video. NCB will be sold as part of Bloom's appointment to Miramax.
- The Hollywood Reporter
SO it looks like Artisan enterment is going to be part of mirmax

With acquisitions like those, it makes me wonder how soon it will be before we get a Pac-Man attraction in Elitch Gardens and/or a Namco Sports line of video games in general. Especially the latter idea.

This begs the question. How's Orion doing these days with the Filmation Follies, so to speak? For that matter, thanks to the Fox Movietoons revival, is a reimagining of The Pink Panther and the rest of the DePatie-Freleng collection in the cards?

Orion isn't doing too great. The only moneymaker they have right now is She-Ra. But even that is facing scrutiny from the Cartoon Czar's office over several pantyshots.

Warner Bros. is bringing the Looney Tunes back to theatres with new shorts helmed by Darrell Van Citters.

A Pink Panther revival is in the cards as Turner has just hired Rick Rich, the man who gave us The Swan Princess IOTL.

Orion isn't doing too great. The only moneymaker they have right now is She-Ra. But even that is facing scrutiny from the Cartoon Czar's office over several pantyshots.

Warner Bros. is bringing the Looney Tunes back to theatres with new shorts helmed by Darrell Van Citters.

A Pink Panther revival is in the cards as Turner has just hired Rick Rich, the man who gave us The Swan Princess IOTL.
So, if I've got this straight, He-Man didn't succeed enough to give Orion a boost in ratings or profits, She-Ra's poised to follow the route of Alice and Belle, on top of their adaptation of Nancy Drew over a decade ago, their OTL Ghostbusters cartoon has been cancelled in favor of DIC's incarnation of the name, and we can kiss pretty much all of their post-1986 works goodbye at this rate, including BraveStarr? Have I got all that right?

On a lighter note, can you give us some examples of what new Looney Tunes and Pink Panther shorts would come from these revivals?
As for Swan Princess, there's a reason why it isn't remembered as often as the likes of Ferngully or The Pagemaster. So butterflying that movie wouldn't make a difference at all.

So, if I've got this straight, He-Man didn't succeed enough to give Orion a boost in ratings or profits, She-Ra's poised to follow the route of Alice and Belle, on top of their adaptation of Nancy Drew over a decade ago, their OTL Ghostbusters cartoon has been cancelled in favor of DIC's incarnation of the name, and we can kiss pretty much all of their post-1986 works goodbye at this rate, including BraveStarr? Have I got all that right?

On a lighter note, can you give us some examples of what new Looney Tunes and Pink Panther shorts would come from these revivals?
As for Swan Princess, there's a reason why it isn't remembered as often as the likes of Ferngully or The Pagemaster. So butterflying that movie wouldn't make a difference at all.

BraveStarr will likely be made at Ruby-Spears.

I don't know too much about the Pink Panther shorts, but Box Office Bunny will likely start the Looney Tune revival.

BraveStarr will likely be made at Ruby-Spears.

I don't know too much about the Pink Panther shorts, but Box Office Bunny will likely start the Looney Tune revival.
Seeing as though that show was Filmation's last meaningful production IOTL, and since Ruby-Spears didn't have a new show for the 1987-88 season, I wouldn't mind seeing that. Heck, while we're at it, I wouldn't mind seeing a He-Man/Thundarr crossover dedicated in Orion's memory if Ruby-Spears is being tasked with picking up the pieces of their history.

I don't know much about them either, but kicking off the new era of Looney Tunes with a Bugs, Daffy, and Elmer cartoon after so long since the Hunting Trilogy would be a sight for sore eyes IMO.

I hope Oriion will recover. I like warren buffet and want him to succed. Do anybody have an oringal cartoon idea that could possialby save orion. also do anybody have idea f. OR atleast will some liveaction film save the film divson and possable up the door to returning to animaiton by the the 2010's

PNWKing

Banned
I hope Oriion will recover. I like warren buffet and want him to succed. Do anybody have an oringal cartoon idea that could possialby save orion. also do anybody have idea f. OR atleast will some liveaction film save the film divson and possable up the door to returning to animaiton by the the 2010's
I have an original cartoon idea or a thousand. One has to do with a team of superheroes. They include a Superman ripoff called Meteor Man, a Batman ripoff called Foxman, and a Wonder Woman ripoff called Lasso Lady. As long as CBS remains lenient with the copyright around the DC characters or they differentiate the characters enough that would work. Or better yet, if the show ran on CBS so CBS has to ignore the copyright.

I have an original cartoon idea or a thousand. One has to do with a team of superheroes. They include a Superman ripoff called Meteor Man, a Batman ripoff called Foxman, and a Wonder Woman ripoff called Lasso Lady. As long as CBS remains lenient with the copyright around the DC characters or they differentiate the characters enough that would work. Or better yet, if the show ran on CBS so CBS has to ignore the copyright.
The idea is there, but I'd rather it be done by The Jim Henson Company, under their Hanna-Barbera division. Oh, it can still air on CBS, but having the company responsible for the Super Friends franchise, not to mention Scooby-Doo, which was one of the network's biggest hits during the 70's would still make the company have to excuse the thinly-tread lines of licensing here.

The reason why I don't want Orion to do this show is because of two things. One, Lasso Lady would almost certainly have a partially-exposed top. And two, they've only got a year left to live, and that's being generous!

Besides, if this show were to get made at all, both Ted Turner and Ralph Bakshi would likely be mad at whoever made it, due to their own parody shows, Super 6 from DePatie-Freleng, and The Mighty Heroes from Terrytoons respectively, having some suddenly strict competition.

I had a few ideas. oldnavy used one of them two of them Totems and Zombie high in the orignal american althoug. Zombie high was only metion has the flagship cartioon of HUB tv netwokr during it first season int he mid nitnes and no other detials. Totems Howver got a post dedited it. I had too orthers ideas. One idea wonldn't work unitll the the 2010's becuase it centered around wireless techonly. The other idea was called supar heroes. It dealt with a group and incompent super heroes called the superb heroes who like inspector gadget are always mistkaly getting the credit for stoping the bad guys. The real heroes are a cop , fire fighter , karte black blet and a garabe man who has a knack for using the tehcongly the suparbe heros gagedeter keeps thorwing away because he mistely thinks it is broken .Most of the supard heroes are very good people but they are dumb, vain and cluelly belive that they are one that saved the days and are obliouvs to all the damge they cause. However one of the supbard heroes is smart but he is sleezy glory hound. Also some time after the first seaon the superb heroes get a new meaber. The new meaber is the smartest and most compent meamber of the team howerver the other meamber treat him like he is a dumb screw up because he is the rookie. The superb heroes new memaber is the only meamber of the team who gives thanks to the jhon q citizens who save the day

Highlander (1986 Film)
Highlander
highlander-20.jpg

Released by New Line Cinema on April 11, 1986.

This is the first New Line release with the "Ladder" logo.​

Wonder Woman (1986 Film)
Wonder Woman
81EMvahaz9L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Released by Columbia Pictures on May 9, 1986

Directed by
Irvin Kershner

Screenplay by
Trina Robbins
Sam Hamm
Warren Skaaren

Based upon characters created by