As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

"Weird Al" Yankovic Discography as of 1986
maxresdefault.jpg

"Weird Al" Yankovic
Discography as of 1986

My Bologna (A parody of the Knacks' My Sharona) (1979 Single; Capitol)
Another One Rides the Bus (1981 EP; TK Records)
"Weird Al" Yankovic (1983; Scotti Bros.)
In 3-D (1984; Scotti Bros.)
Dare to be Stupid (1985 Album; Scotti Bros.)
Pastor of Muppets (Coming in Fall/Winter 1986; Scotti Bros.)​

maxresdefault.jpg

"Weird Al" Yankovic
Discography as of 1986

My Bologna (A parody of the Knacks' My Sharona) (1979 Single; Capitol)
Another One Rides the Bus (1981 EP; TK Records)
"Weird Al" Yankovic (1983; Scotti Bros.)
In 3-D (1984; Scotti Bros.)
Dare to be Stupid (1985 Album; Scotti Bros.)
Pastor of Muppets (Coming in Fall/Winter 1986; Scotti Bros.)​
I hope we still get UHF 2 like we did in american magic two. It could work if we replace the donald trump parody with a parody or rupert mudoch , Havery Winestine o Jordan Belfort. Do andybody like the idea of rupert murdoch being desotyed by sandel in the early to mid 90's but miraxmax surrives and is bought out by jordan belfort. Miramax goes through a brief renisces only to be destoyed by soul plane and a late breaking of the staron oakmont scandel

My Little Pony: The Movie (1986 Film)
My Little Pony: The Movie
my-little-pony_-the-movie-screenshot.jpg

Released by TriStar Pictures on June 6, 1986.

Production Companies
Nelvana Australia Pty. Ltd
Hasbro Productions

Distributor
TriStar Pictures

My Little Pony was the first project for Nelvana's new Australian branch in Sydney. Such an office was opened in 1983 to help the Toronto-based studio fulfill its pipeline of feature length films under its distribution agreement with TriStar.

Directed by
Lachlan Cunningham [1]

Executive Producers
Zack Dillinger
Patrick Loubert
Michael Hirsh
Clive A. Smith

[1] Fictional animator.

Musical score
Bruce Broughton

Song Lyrics
Howard Ashman

Voices
Lenore Zann as Applejack
Jodi Benson as Twilight
Mary Kay Bergman as Posey
Venus Terzo as Firefly
Russi Taylor as Surprise
Paige O'Hara as Sparkler
Seth Green as Spike
Ann Jillian as Princess Celestia
Jonathan Freeman as Discord
Greg Rhodes as Danny
Mayim Bialik as Molly
Bettina Bush as Megan
Danny DeVito as the Grundle King
Frank Welker as the Smooze
Madeline Kahn as Draggle
Cloris Leachman as Hydia
Rhea Pearlman as Reekia
Tony Randall as Moochick

Even though the animation was produced in Sydney, the voices, music and songs were recorded at CBS's facilities in Los Angeles. In case anyone is wondering, Columbia is the primary tenant of CBS's Radford Avenue backlot in LA while TriStar rents soundstages from Universal and Paramount as part of the joint venture.​

Summer 1986 Movies (Part 1)
Top Gun
topgun_0.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures

Stand By Me
stand-by-me-friends-walking.png

Based on the novella The Body by Stephen King.

Labyrinth
labyrinth-sequel-update-fede-alvarez-david-bowie-jennifer-connelly.png

Released by Touchstone Pictures.

Short Circuit
MV5BNzkzMmRkMDgtNDA3NC00YTMxLTgxZTQtODc5NTM0ZTA0MGRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Released by TriStar Pictures

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off-1986-featured.jpg

Released by Paramount Pictures​

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Ferris-Buellers-Day-Off-1986-featured.jpg

Did the Challenger disaster still happen ITTL?
If not, did the movie keep the scene in the radio station where Ferris gets interviewed and says he wants/is going to be the first high school student in space that had to get cut at the last second?

Did the Challenger disaster still happen ITTL?
If not, did the movie keep the scene in the radio station where Ferris gets interviewed and says he wants/is going to be the first high school student in space that had to get cut at the last second?

The Challenger launch was cancelled ITTL.

Riverfront Square
Capture.png

After a few years of negotiations and planning, Disney finally opened Riverfront Square on June 10, 1966. Walt Disney, Jr. had just completed his sophomore year at USC in time to join his father and Uncle Roy for the ribbon cutting ceremony. Also there were Anheuser-Busch CEO Gussie Busch, Missouri governor Warren Hearnes and St. Louis mayor Alfonso Cervantes.

Dedication Plaque:

RIVERFRONT SQUARE
Dedicated June 10, 1966

FOUNDING PARTNERS
Walt Disney Productions
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Ralston-Purina Company
McDonnell Aircraft Corporation
Edward D. Jones & Co.
Trans World Airline Corporation

Attractions
1.jpeg

There wasn't really an icon for Riverfront Square except for a marquee outside the park. The park was designed to be indoors so that the park stayed open on rainy days.

Lot389-Blueprints03.jpg

The street level of Riverfront Square is divided into two halves. In Old St. Louis, a Mark Twain Riverboat serves as an all-ages restaurant while the Budweiser Lounge offers a place for the adults to kick back and relax. The main attraction of Old St. Louis is the Lewis and Clark Adventure, which takes guests on a canoe ride through a mythological version of the treacherous expedition.

Over in New Orleans Square, you might see the Jambalaya Jazz Band serenade guests. The main attractions of this realm are the Blue Bayou Restaurant and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

7186953777_a99da4c284_b.jpg

capture6.jpeg

The midlevel section of the park, located one floor below the street level, consists of two Circarama Theatres, two dark rides and an audio-animatronic theatre.

Dark rides
The Haunted Mansion
Adventure Thru Innerspace (Sponsored by Monsanto)

Audio Animatronic Theatre
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Circarama Theatres
America The Beautiful
Davy Crockett's Greatest Adventures

The basement level serves as the "show buildings" for Pirates of the Caribbean and the Lewis and Clark Adventure.

TRIVIA
@Nivek
A month earlier, Busch Memorial Stadium opened, replacing Sportsman's Park as the home both the baseball and football Cardinals.
1-busch-stadium-st-louis-1966-mountain-dreams.jpg
It occurs to me that Walt Disney's Riverfront Square has butterflied away the St. Louis Arch.

Entertainment News for June 1986
This just in...
After years of legal wrangling, King Features Syndicate and Universal Pictures reach a compromise to bring Popeye the Sailor to home video, starting in Spring 1988. The original Popeye theatrical shorts were produced starting in 1933 by Fleischer Studios, later known as Fleischer-Terry during World War II before becoming Famous Studios in 1953. Universal City Studios acquired the rights after the studio merged with Famous and was sold to MCA in 1962. Walter Lantz, the outgoing head of Famous, was seen signing the agreement at a ceremony at the San Francisco headquarters of Hearst, King Features' parent company.
- CBS Evening News

@nick_crenshaw82 No. The arch is still there. Riverfront Square is on another street.

Disney marks the 20th anniversary of Riverfront Square.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Don Oriolo confirms a Felix the Cat movie is in the works with The Samuel Goldwyn Company on board to distribute.
- Variety

The Estate of Ludwig Bemelmans reaches an agreement with DiC for the screen rights to Madeline.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Mario Kassar of Carolco agrees in principle to purchase Family Home Entertainment from Noel C. Bloom, who was hired this past spring by News Corporation to run Miramax Home Entertainment.
- Video Weekly

Attorneys for retired cartoonist Marjorie Buell confirm the sale of the Little Lulu property to Turner Broadcasting System. With the characters come the 1940's theatrical shorts produced by Fleischer-Terry, the John Stanley/Irving Tripp comic books of the Fifties and the late Sixties TV series produced by Hanna-Barbera.
- Headline News

This just in...
After years of legal wrangling, King Features Syndicate and Universal Pictures reach a compromise to bring Popeye the Sailor to home video, starting in Spring 1988. The original Popeye theatrical shorts were produced starting in 1933 by Fleischer Studios, later known as Fleischer-Terry during World War II before becoming Famous Studios in 1953. Universal City Studios acquired the rights after the studio merged with Famous and was sold to MCA in 1962. Walter Lantz, the outgoing head of Famous, was seen signing the agreement at a ceremony at the San Francisco headquarters of Hearst, King Features' parent company.
- CBS Evening News

Disney marks the 20th anniversary of Riverfront Square.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Don Oriolo confirms a Felix the Cat movie is in the works with The Samuel Goldwyn Company on board to distribute.
- Variety

The Estate of Ludwig Bemelmans reaches an agreement with DiC for the screen rights to Madeline.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Mario Kassar of Carolco agrees in principle to purchase Family Home Entertainment from Noel C. Bloom, who was hired this past spring by News Corporation to run Miramax Home Entertainment.
- Video Weekly

Attorneys for retired cartoonist Marjorie Buell confirm the sale of the Little Lulu property to Turner Broadcasting System. With the characters come the 1940's theatrical shorts produced by Fleischer-Terry, the John Stanley/Irving Tripp comic books of the Fifties and the late Sixties TV series produced by Hanna-Barbera.
- Headline News
This makes sense. Heck, given the Famous Studios catalog ITTL, we could very well see an earlier Toon Lagoon at Universal Studios Orlando.

With what, might I ask?

Now this is news.

Hallelujah!

Looks like I'll have to ask again. What does Carolco own besides FHE? And what benefits could be made through owning that particular company?

Okay. This is something I didn't expect. On the plus side, Tom and Jerry and The Pink Panther might have a third star getting a revival at Turner, maybe even with the humor of Fox's Little Audrey shorts. On the minus side...
Wait. Considering Muppet Babies, they don't even need that show in their collection anymore! Well, scrap the main downside with this revelation.

This makes sense. Heck, given the Famous Studios catalog ITTL, we could very well see an earlier Toon Lagoon at Universal Studios Orlando.

With what, might I ask?

Now this is news.

Hallelujah!

Looks like I'll have to ask again. What does Carolco own besides FHE? And what benefits could be made through owning that particular company?

Okay. This is something I didn't expect. On the plus side, Tom and Jerry and The Pink Panther might have a third star getting a revival at Turner, maybe even with the humor of Fox's Little Audrey shorts. On the minus side...
Wait. Considering Muppet Babies, they don't even need that show in their collection anymore! Well, scrap the main downside with this revelation.
I belive buying out familyhome enterment (the persoceor to artisain entertaiment ) would give carcol the blair witch project