As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Yes. Most of the cast should be the same except with Paul Reubens instead of either Charles Rocket or Joe Piscopo, depending on whomever was worse IOTL.
Well, on the "a hippie in the house of mouse" thread, we kinda had a discussion on what would SNL be like with jim carrey, Pee wee, eddie murphy and john goodman together. So maybe we can have those 4 together? At least, it would be more entertaining than what we got IOTL...

Well, on the "a hippie in the house of mouse" thread, we kinda had a discussion on what would SNL be like with jim carrey, Pee wee, eddie murphy and john goodman together. So maybe we can have those 4 together? At least, it would be more entertaining than what we got IOTL...

Alright. But IOTL, who were the worst of the actors that were picked for that season?

Yeah, Doumanian passed on Jim Carrey, John Goodman, and Paul Reubens (who created the character of Pee Wee Herman on the plane ride home, so it wasn't a loss for him) and only cast Murphy after others on the production team lobbied her hard for him...

Don't have Al Franken do the Limo for A Lame-O skit that pissed off NBC head Fred Silverman ITTL--that would probably ensure that Franken becomes executive producer...

I see that TTL'S Elsa seems a cross between from OTL 2013 film and the very original design decades again. I'm only guessing that combined with the leotard scenes and her rather, ahem, eye catching look...I'm sure there must've been those going to see the film for the fan service and who knows where she'd rank on those top 10 lists of attractive animated girls.

Anyway, I do like the idea of an animated TV series to expand on the world, though it might see it become a cash cow. Would be happy to throw out some ideas for episodes E.G Hans wants revenge or TTL's Kristoff appears though would need to know what are the final outcomes for the characters in the film.

Yeah, Doumanian passed on Jim Carrey, John Goodman, and Paul Reubens (who created the character of Pee Wee Herman on the plane ride home, so it wasn't a loss for him) and only cast Murphy after others on the production team lobbied her hard for him...

Don't have Al Franken do the Limo for A Lame-O skit that pissed off NBC head Fred Silverman ITTL--that would probably ensure that Franken becomes executive producer...
Not only that, but with reubens, carrey, goodman and murphy, the four together could pull off a live action skit of You don't know jack

PNWKing

Banned
At one point RCA considered selling or shuttering NBC. I think Corman, Coca-Cola, Metromedia, Warner, Disney, Time, or MCA would be good possibilities to buy NBC.

After Snow Queen, I'll update you guys on Daniel Abbott's situation, then we get to 1981.

And before I forget, Disney's first wave of VHS tapes should be any day now.
Was that post about Daniel Abbot working on the Katzenjammer Kids what you met about updating us on the state of Daniel Abbot before taking us into 1981. January 1981 is when tkoyo disenyland break gorund. That would be happening atl because of nara dsney. But disney may break ground on another park maybe in seoul or jeju island (south korea resort hot spot) in jaunayr or at least announced the new park. Alternatly we could have an early euro diesney .I hope you make a litte new headline about breakign ground on thier next park or atleast annocing the park.

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

For one thing, there’s the scandal involving “Like Father, Like Sons,” an episode of Filmation’s The Katzenjammer Kids that would ultimately lead to the program’s cancellation. Why did ABC decide to air the episode as scheduled, after the early warnings they received of all that followed?

ABC initially thought King Features was being hypocritical, with the newspaper syndicate also being home to the spinach-eating sailor that beats up a fat guy three times his size.

Then, there’s the curious case of the untitled “magical girl project” that Daniel Abbott and John Kricfalusi worked on at the same time as “Father-gate.” What reason did Lou Scheimer have for attempting to make John K. the face of Filmation in 1980, and what did the two think of Abbott?

After the incident in which Abbott tried to bring attention to Cosby's behavior with the Fat Albert date-rape storyboard, Scheimer began to view Abbott as a pot-stirrer.

Scheimer and Norm Prescott were easily manipulated by Kricfalusi, who was openly frustrated by the low quality of Filmation's current output.

Even though he himself was mentally abused by his father, John K holds a double standard when it comes to parental figures. When it comes to the things Olivia Abbott did to Daniel when he was between the ages of 12 and 16, John K sees such unspeakable crimes as a rite of passage toward hypermasculinity and heterosexuality.

After that is the humorous editorial Bert Sugar penned for The Ring magazine, when he thought Abbott would “make a great undercard [boxer],” after what he did to John Lasseter. Did Abbott ever find out about the op-ed column, and if so, how did he respond to Sugar’s recommendation?

Daniel did not learn of that editorial until several years after its publication.

There’s also the decision by The Coca-Cola Company to “rebrand [RKO-Desilu] as RKO Radio Pictures,” in honor of “the fortieth anniversary of Citizen Kane” making its cinematic debut. Will the iconic radio tower logo be updated for the occasion, or is the original about to be remastered?

For right now, a print of the original logo will be used. RKO will then commission an updated version from Industrial Light and Magic.

Finally, on a lesser note, there is the imminent release of Walt Disney Pictures’ The Snow Queen, which looks to combine elements of Frozen and the Hans Christian Andersen story. Which songs from the movies, and the stage musical, will be featured, in some form, as a part of this version?

One song for sure that is used from the OTL film was Let it Go, written ITTL by Sesame Street veteran Joe Raposo. Another song, "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" is used twice. First time is in a sadder tone when Kai tries to knock on Elsa's door before the two are separated. The second time is used in a more cheerful tempo when Kai and next door neighbor Gerda build Olaf.

RKO will then commission an updated version from Industrial Light and Magic.
Something like this:
da3r7y7-25a44ba0-14d0-40c0-a089-e391e7e17742.png

Entertainment News for December 1980
Daniel Abbott resigns from Filmation, citing irreconcilable creative differences with studio chief Lou Scheimer and fellow storyboard artist John Kricfalusi.
- The Los Angeles Times

King Features Syndicate files a breach of contract lawsuit against Filmation.
- The New York Times

First Nancy Drew, now the Katzenjammer Kids. What has gotten into the cartoon business these days?
- The Salt Lake Tribune

Last Katzenjammer episode launched a million complaints from parents says the FCC.
- The Washington Post

Daniel Abbott resigns from Filmation, citing irreconcilable creative differences with studio chief Lou Scheimer and fellow storyboard artist John Kricfalusi.
- The Los Angeles Times

King Features Syndicate files a breach of contract lawsuit against Filmation.
- The New York Times

First Nancy Drew, now the Katzenjammer Kids. What has gotten into the cartoon business these days?
- The Salt Lake Tribune

Last Katzenjammer episode launched a million complaints from parents says the FCC.
- The Washington Post
At this rate, I don't even think that He-Man and She-Ra can save Filmation from going under. Sure, SBC managed to make a comeback with help from The Muppets and even turn out to be a good competitor to the Big Three, but for these guys? I'm sorry, but they're out of luck at the moment.

At this rate, I don't even think that He-Man and She-Ra can save Filmation from going under. Sure, SBC managed to make a comeback with help from The Muppets and even turn out to be a good competitor to the Big Three, but for these guys? I'm sorry, but they're out of luck at the moment.
I hope your wrong. I don't want Heman and she ra to butterflied