Ave Maria! Catholics rise up!
Quite surprised with this outcome
Tbh, it's been a festering wound since Christian II was restored. I figured it was a matter of time, and with no real figure head (the Danish Frederikian branch is absolutely decimated: the OTL Christian is imprisoned in Nyborg not in the greatest conditions, and his two younger brothers are being fostered abroad with probably no real rights to return to Denmark. King Frederik's youngest son, Frederik, is enclosed in a Catholic monastery and being prepared for a Catholic clerical clear). I figured Christian was likely doing what he could to neuter the State Church in the twin duchies, and this revolt gave him a convenience chance to do away with it completely).

Glad to have been of help! Interesting to see the ideas you went with ;) It’ll be interesting when we get to our other ideas

(Also looking forwards to any beetle jokes headed towards Clara)
Oh yes, I've gotten some really good material from our chats.

Wonderful chapter. Which AI generator did you used to make this portrait of Elisabet of Navarre?
Thank you! I use Freepik. I have a premium subscription; I believe the free version gives you twenty pictures a day, but each prompt will generate four pictures, so it's not many. You can make some interesting portraits, but the AI is still AI. It took several tries for it to generate a suitably Swedish neckline, for instance. I will say it's amazing at understanding historical art (Renaissance, Baroque) and is also very good at giving you unique faces.

Thank you for butterflying Erik the 14th.
He absolutely had to go.

On the other hand, I am ABSOLUTELY furious over you butterflying away Queen Margareta Leijonhufvud like this! *swedish angry noises*
To be fair, she still exists. 😅 She was allegedly engaged to Svante Sture before her marriage to the king, so I imagine the longer marriage to Catherine means she got her original marriage.

To be fair, she still exists. 😅 She was allegedly engaged to Svante Sture before her marriage to the king, so I imagine the longer marriage to Catherine means she got her original marriage.
My absolute favorite of the Vasa queens 😭😭😭. First you kill of Isabella of Portugal and then you remove Margareta from the throne. What I have I done to be hurt like this? I voted for you for Turtledove and you do this to me?* incoherent sobbing*

Last edited:
My absolute favorite of the Vasa queens 😭😭😭. First you kill of Isabella of Portugal and then you remove Margareta from the throne. What I have I done to be hurt like this? I voted for you for Turtledove and you do this to me?* incoherent sobbing*
Just for you, I'll make sure that she has a good life with Svante Sture with plenty of children. At least without crazy Erik, the Stures can stick around and play a role in Sweden throughout the sixteenth century.

@DrakeRlugia Let me be the first to congratulate you on winning the Turtledove in the Early Modern category :) It’s truly deserved, and I’m excited to see what else will happen in this TL and to help in whatever ways I can. Længe leve!

Just for you, I'll make sure that she has a good life with Svante Sture with plenty of children. At least without crazy Erik, the Stures can stick around and play a role in Sweden throughout the sixteenth century.
I thank you for that. And my heartfelt congratulations on winning the Turtledove as well! 🎊🎊🎊

@DrakeRlugia Let me be the first to congratulate you on winning the Turtledove in the Early Modern category :) It’s truly deserved, and I’m excited to see what else will happen in this TL and to help in whatever ways I can. Længe leve!
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU!! And thank you for everyone who voted for me. I never thought embarking on this crazy journey back in August would've gotten this far, let alone getting nominated and winning.

I have to thank @Aluma and @FalconHonour once again for nominating me, and of course for all fifty-four of the readers who voted for me. I never imagined I'd get even 10 votes, let alone enough to win.

Whether you're a reader who comments on every chapter, here and then, someone who just likes, or even just a lurker: Just know that I appreciate every single one of you. Anno would not be where it is without you guys reading and interacting with the story, providing comments, critiques, and interesting ideas. I've really tried to create an interesting 16th century like any other, and I'm so happy to have you all along for the ride.

I thank you for that. And my heartfelt congratulations on winning the Turtledove as well! 🎊🎊🎊
Thank you so much!! I appreciate your support from day one.

You wooooooon
May the world be forever remembered of your glory!
Thank you so much, Aluma! We wouldn't be here with your nomination, so thank you for your support!

Thank you so much, Aluma! We wouldn't be here with your nomination, so thank you for your support!
I share this honour with Falcon, she wanted to nominate you first after all
And we have to thank you, for all the wonder you have shared with us through your writing
You deserve it

Congratulations on the turtledove! This is my favourite timeline in ages, and really strikes a perfect balance between perfectly plausible in the context of the era and unpredictable enough that every chapter feels like it has the potential to change the world.

I can’t wait to see how this world continues to evolve as the generation of non otl princes and princesses step into their own and I hope their journeys are able to inspire the same emotions as I’ve felt following the characters you’ve already brought into play.