Exactly. This kind of dispensation was no trouble to the Catholic Church. It was done in Portugal to Manuel, in Poland (both Sigismund II and Sigismund III) and in Parma with Dorothea of Neuburg. People think it was a problem due to the case of Henry VIII, but it only shows that the origin of "the great matter" had much more to do with how much he wanted to divorce Catherine and marry Anne than any religious concern.
And also to the perfect storm that that was Charles V standing on the Pope's neck through the whole thing. If not for Charles V and the mess in Italy at the time, the Annulment would probably have gone through with no trouble...

People think it was a problem due to the case of Henry VIII, but it only shows that the origin of "the great matter" had much more to do with how much he wanted to divorce Catherine and marry Anne than any religious concern.
This. The "she was married to my brother panic" was mostly a smokescreen for the fact that Henry wanted to have a second younger wife who could give him a son.

!!!! He can’t even pull the old Henry VIII trick from when he said it was ok to marry his sister in law because she’d never consummated her marriage. Here there very clearly was consummation- are there any other examples of sister in law matches?
Mary Stuart is one that comes to mind sans Catherine of Aragon. IIRC, the Guises harbored some hopes of marrying her to Charles IX after François II died. Like Catherine though, Mary was a childless widow and certainly there have been discussions over if there marriage was ever actually consummated. And then Manuel of Portugal famously married Isabella and Maria, who were sisters. He did have issue with Isabella, though their son died young.

RE: Henry VIII—that was primarily his own flimsy argument. In reality, when Henry VII and Ferdinand sought a dispensation for Henry VIII to marry Catherine, they were provided with two dispensations—one for the situation where her marriage with Arthur was not consummated, and another for if it was.

Levirate marriage (ie. a brother marrying his brother’s widow) is discussed in the Old Testament too, but mainly in the situation of childless widows. Regardless, questions of affinity within the Catholic Church are resolved with a dispensation. Affinity is considered a part of ecclesiastical law, not divine law. A dispensation can deal with such issues and make such a marriage possible.

Mary has no reason to risk such chaos, but I think given our introduction to La Petite Danoise, she might just throw herself behind her father in laws plans against her mothers wishes out of love.
To be fair, if Mary is open to the idea then a dispensation can be easily obtained. I suppose the prime issue might be France’s bad relations with the papacy in this moment, but given that England’s relations are still good and the Pope is an Englishman, I wouldn’t foresee any issues in Mary being able to obtain it. Snagging the heir of France was a major win for Mary, so I think there could be interest on both ends. While Mary could try and renege and reclaim Boulogne, she’d also be on the hook to repay what the French have already given her. The Dauphine marrying her brother in law would be a more tidy solution.

This could end up leading to religious chaos in France if it splits the episcopacy over the legality of such a marriage, and there will always be those that claim that since all issue from it would be bastards, the true heirs of France are the dukes of Milan. Depending on how future religious conflict in France shakes out, I could even see a faction coalescing around suspending Salic law and giving the throne to whoever ends up marrying Marie Reverie, as shes the legitimate fille de Francois.
Unlikely. As mentioned above, affinity is not considered divine law. If they have a dispensation, the marriage will be valid and legal. I suppose the Duke of Milan could try and argue against it using some Henry VIII tactics, but we saw how that shook out IOTL. Beatriz, for all her faults, was always desirous that had son should have a crown of his own—but not France. I’d say the Milanese line is firmly focused on Italy for now, though that could change!

Some French clerics and scholars might even argue that the new Dauphin has a duty to wed his sister-in-law because his brother was “childless” (ie, had no male heir under Salic Law).

I can’t see any situation where Salic Law ends up suspended. François II still has an heir in his younger son. I suppose the main issue would be if Isabella and Charles married and have no children (a sort of reverse Henry VIII situation), but even then there remains the Milanese line. Even when the House of Valois died in the male line and the heir to France was a Protestant, very few had interest in abolishing Salic Law (it didn’t help that the candidate being championed was Philip II’s daughter). If for some wild reason Marie Révérie was the only child born within the royal family of that generation, I presume that the crown would probably want to reach a compromise with the Milanese line and would probably seek to marry Marie to the eldest son of the Duke of Milan.

Will Italy in the late 16th century suffer from the same economic stagnation that happened in the OTL?
It's definitely possible—some factors are still present such as the Italian Wars and constant conflict within the peninsula, and the development of the Atlantic Trade. Italy is not well placed to really carve out a role in such trade, being fragmented into various statelets. I do not think that Italy's stagnation is guaranteed, but there are many factors that could cause it too still happen.

Kinda impressive that England went so long without yeeting a princess across the channel. Otl Henrietta of England was the first one, right?

Mary Tudor (the Elder) actually (at least IOTL!). She and Eadgifu of Wessex are the only English princesses who ever became Queen of France. I found that very surprising. Henrietta would actually be the last, though of course she wed the Duke of Orléans, not the king.

Damn… We’re gonna see trouble in Portugal soon I imagine
Yep. The Portuguese royal family is kinda in a tough spot. João III had three surviving children: we already know Maria, the Duchess of Viseu is unwed. Carlos Manuel has no (surviving) issue and Beatriz who was married to Fernando Alonso died giving birth to a son (who also died). There are no heirs of the present generation.

Damn, Girl… It’s not that bad here
It is not... but we already know how much Mary hates Christian II 😅

I miss them… 🥲
So do I, friend.

Oh dear… Hopefully this won’t turn into a Polish situation… Also, how are things going in Poland btw?
Things are... interesting. Will need to be covered in a proper chapter. I'll leave it at that. 😅 All I'll say is that Sigismund II dies in the mid-1550s without heirs. His brother Alexander would be king at this point.

Oh damn! Isabella as a dauphine twice over? We’re getting Francesca vibes too it seems. I can’t wait to see what drama and hysterics will come from this. I imagine it’ll be a mess. Isabella could deffo be game, but I can see Mary doing her best to secure a good deal from this
Yep, that is François II's plan. While he is fond of Isabella, it mainly political interest. In true Henry VII fashion, he wishes to maintain Isabella's dowry and keep England hopefully friendly, but if not then at least neutral. He fears Mary wishing to repurpose Isabella for another marriage alliance (shades of François Ier IOTL when Mary was widowed....)

I feel saddened by Dauphin François's death in this tl . His character, reminiscent of Philippe the Fair of France, was engaging. Without wanting to make presumptions, I wonder, are we veering towards the path of our actual historical timeline for France? This is more of a question than a certainty.

Dauphin's personality appealed to me significantly. However, I think it would be intriguing if Charles also possessed the crafty intellect reminiscent of that of Louis XI of France. In such a scenario, Philippe of Milan might find it challenging to rival Dauphin Charles for the throne of France.

Perhaps there might be other sons born to the king and queen of France. It seems improbable too, that Brittany would secede from France simply because the Dauphine has given birth to a daughter.
There are perhaps some troubles ahead for France, but nothing like OTL. The House of Valois will make it through the duration of Anno. They do not die out or go extinct.

Charles shall definitely be an interesting character. We've seen but one side of him—but given Isabella's own intellectual interests, it would not be surprisingly if he has similar interests. Regardless, she will be a boon to France if the marriage comes to fruition and she becomes queen.

In 1559, Queen Isabelle is only ~38 and François II is only 40. However, I will say that their last child born was a daughter named Jeanne in 1552. They haven't had a child in over seven years, though perhaps they may try again in Henry VII / Elizabeth of York fashion. With the death of François, Charles is their sole living son.

Great chapter, sad to see the Dauphin dead but hopefully Francis II will manage to get Charles and Isabella wed so they can be happy together
Thank you so much Kurd! It absolutely gutted me to kill the Dauphin off, honestly. Had he lived, he likely would've been one of the great generals / strategists of the age. But I'd decided this from the beginning and so he had to go. I do have interesting plans for Charles and Isabella, too.

If it is possible and convenient, I was wondering if there might be a way to obtain a portrait depicting the late Dauphin and Dauphin Charles.
Ask and you shall receive:

The Dauphin François, c. 1559:
francois-dauphin-of-france-age-20-son-of-franco.jpg

Charles, the Duke of Angoulême:

charlesangouleme.jpg

She has her father's eyes 😭 and is a Tudor to boot. I love her so much.
Yes 😭 I feel like some of Mary's children I've shown thus far have had more Tudor features. I loved the idea of one having more resemblance to her father, with her own mother's fiery personality.

#Girlboss I am more in love with her than ever. And the Dauphin isn't that bad, Isabella give him time! I'm sure you two will have plenty of years together. *sarcasm*
🤐🤫

Isabella, I will take him of your hands if you need. I like him, my poor doomed Prince. And she's going all Eleanor of Aquitaine here.
Indeed, the comparison is very apt...

Wonder if she will have heirs with Charles? Because if she doesn't, who does the crown goes to? Philip down in Milan? Be careful what you wish for.
Yep—the Duke of Milan would be Charles' heir if he fails to have any sons.

Holy shit, she's made of fiery stuff indeed. And Francis, you are as deluded about this as you are about other things.
I'd say she's more explosive than Mary herself! As for François II, I'd say that was more him just trying to appease the squawking hens because he had no intention of lifting a finger against his precious daughter-in-law.

Great chapter. I love Isabella.
Thank you Victoria!

Exactly. This kind of dispensation was no trouble to the Catholic Church. It was done in Portugal to Manuel, in Poland (both Sigismund II and Sigismund III) and in Parma with Dorothea of Neuburg. People think it was a problem due to the case of Henry VIII, but it only shows that the origin of "the great matter" had much more to do with how much he wanted to divorce Catherine and marry Anne than any religious concern.
Indeed, you've provided more examples. Henry VIII's main issue was trying to use a biblical argument within the papal courts. Leviticus meant nothing when the marriage had a dispensation. He would've been better to argue on the validity of the dispensation (though given the political situation of OTL, he likely would've been denied a divorce regardless bc the Pope wasn't about to upset Emperor when he's an imperial hostage).

Can we have some family trees?
Yes, I will provide some updated trees soon.

Will Italy in the late 16th century suffer from the same economic stagnation that happened in the OTL?

technically speaking, Italy has not suffered stagnation / regression as we understand it, but rather due to a series of factors ( both internal and external to it ) it has not been able to maintain the growth rate of the rest of Europe, but despite remaining by far the 3rd most important economy on the continent, behind only England and the Netherlands in the first three decades of the 19th century ( if we consider that Italy was an extremely territorially fractured region, devastated by disease and wars and was finally losing its central importance in trade, supplanted from the Atlantic trades, we can consider this detail an enormous positive result ..... but it must be remembered that the peninsula already started with a large advantage compared to the rest of Europe, therefore its growth curve ( even without continuous wars within its borders ) would have been slower and would therefore ultimately be caught up by the rest of the European kingdoms in the medium term

@DrakeRlugia

Last edited:
Mary Tudor (the Elder) actually (at least IOTL!). She and Eadgifu of Wessex are the only English princesses who ever became Queen of France. I found that very surprising. Henrietta would actually be the last, though of course she wed the Duke of Orléans, not the king.
Oh, right, how did I manage to forget her 🫠
It is not... but we already know how much Mary hates Christian II 😅
That we do
Things are... interesting. Will need to be covered in a proper chapter. I'll leave it at that. 😅 All I'll say is that Sigismund II dies in the mid-1550s without heirs. His brother Alexander would be king at this point.
Oh damn. At least Alexander should be a decent king. Sigismund II seemed to be a weak candidate

It's definitely possible—some factors are still present such as the Italian Wars and constant conflict within the peninsula, and the development of the Atlantic Trade. Italy is not well placed to really carve out a role in such trade, being fragmented into various statelets. I do not think that Italy's stagnation is guaranteed, but there are many factors that could cause it too still happen.
It should be noticed that without Italy being sucked dry by Spain like OTL, even with the decline of the commercial routes and wars, the Italian states(especially Milan and Naples who are ruled by very dynamic people and have the biggest population) will be in better shapes, especially if they manage to expand enough where they can stand on their own. I could definitely see something like Milan seeking to unify the Peninsula or at least become the dominant power and being opposed by Naples... Because they also wanna be the top dog and the Pope plays them off against one another in order to keep a balance of power in Italy.

Unlikely. As mentioned above, affinity is not considered divine law. If they have a dispensation, the marriage will be valid and legal. I suppose the Duke of Milan could try and argue against it using some Henry VIII tactics, but we saw how that shook out IOTL. Beatriz, for all her faults, was always desirous that had son should have a crown of his own—but not France. I’d say the Milanese line is firmly focused on Italy for now, though that could change!

Some French clerics and scholars might even argue that the new Dauphin has a duty to wed his sister-in-law because his brother was “childless” (ie, had no male heir under Salic Law).

I can’t see any situation where Salic Law ends up suspended. François II still has an heir in his younger son. I suppose the main issue would be if Isabella and Charles married and have no children (a sort of reverse Henry VIII situation), but even then there remains the Milanese line. Even when the House of Valois died in the male line and the heir to France was a Protestant, very few had interest in abolishing Salic Law (it didn’t help that the candidate being championed was Philip II’s daughter). If for some wild reason Marie Révérie was the only child born within the royal family of that generation, I presume that the crown would probably want to reach a compromise with the Milanese line and would probably seek to marry Marie to the eldest son of the Duke of Milan.

Yep—the Duke of Milan would be Charles' heir if he fails to have any sons.
I do wonder if some of the kids of the Duke of Milan couldn't conspire down the line to try and put themselves as the next kings of France, they could bring both a expanded Milan while still carrying their claims to whatever other places they might have.

Perhaps a divided Italy, but with native rulers (like Germany), as in Milan and Naples, without these regions being on the periphery of Spain and Austria, could favor greater Italian economic development, thus making Italy still have a manufacturing industry and banking sectors are still competitive, as in Germany.

Addendum: Dynastic Trees (Updated to 1559)
Alright, I figured it was better to have a new post for family trees rather than updated the old ones. These are updated to 1559, at least in some areas but they are also subject to change. Some marriages have been plotted out, others have not. Some lives have been plotted out and some have not. I really don't like to post these because often I get other ideas and change my mind. You will notice that some characters also have death dates plotted out as I've been trying my best to 'finalize' some trees so I have a better idea of where things are headed going forward. Some are more done than others. As for the death date as our heroine Mary, it is listed within this tree too. I've sort of went back and forth regarding Anno and it's ending so to speak, and given that it has long centered around Mary and her life and the times she lives in, I will be using her death date as the ending for Anno. It seems a good finishing point, IMO, to span the course of her life and the world she lives in. I may change my mind (of course) 😅 but I've also been settled on it for awhile and I've had Mary's death date cemented since probably some of the first few chapters and it's never changed. I also feel like the further we get away from the POD, the more difficult it becomes to envision how things may shake out going forward.

Anno Obumbratio — Dynastic Trees
Dynastic Trees from the 16th Century

Abbreviations Guide:
M. =
Married; Multiple marriages equal m1, m2, m3 depending on number of marriages
MM. = Morganatic Marriage
B. = Betrothed
Ann. = Annulled
Div. = Divorced
[Ilg.] = Illegitimate issue, with mother listed

THE MAJOR ROYAL HOUSES OF EUROPE —

House of Tudor (1483 – 1582) / House of Oldenburg (1582–): England

• Henry VII, King of England (1457–1509) m. Elizabeth of York(1466–1503); Had Issue.
    • Arthur, Prince of Wales (1486–1502); m. Catherine of Aragon (1485–1540); No Issue.
    • Margaret (1489–1546); m. James IV, King of Scots (1473–1513)
    • Henry VIII, King of England (1491–1513) m. Catherine of Aragon(1485–1540); Had Issue.
      • Mary, Queen of England (1513–1582) m. John (II) of Denmark, King of England (Jure Uxoris) & Prince of Norway (1518–1548); Had Issue.
        • Mary (1535–1564) m. Fernando VII Alonso, King of Spain (1528–); Had Issue.
        • Catherine (1538–1553); Died Unmarried.
        • Henry, Prince of Wales (1539–1553); Died Unmarried.
        • Isabella, (1542–1592) m. François of France, Dauphin of France (1539–1559); Had Issue.
        • Charles, Prince of Wales (1545 –)
        • Edward, Duke of Somerset (1546 –)
        • Joan (1549–1620)
    • Mary, (1496–1529); m. Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (1500–1555); Had Issue.
House of Stewart: Scotland
  • James IV, King of Scots (1473–1513) m. Margaret of England(1489–1541); Had Issue.
    • James V, King of Scots (1513–1515); Died Young.
    • Alexander IV, King of Scots (1514 –1572) m. Charlotte of France(1516 –1575)
      • Anne (1541 –)
      • Alexander (1543–1545); Died Young.
      • Margaret (1547–1548); Died Young.
      • James (1550); Died Young.
      • Charlotte (1552 –)
      • Robert (1554 –)
  • John, Duke of Albany (1482–1536) m. Anne de la Tour d’Auvergne, Countess of Boulogne(1496–1524); Had Issue.
    • Catherine, Countess of Boulogne (1522–1593) m. Louis de la Trémoille, Duke of Thouars & Prince of Terente (1521–1577); Had Issue.
House of Habsburg: Holy Roman Empire & Spain
  • Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (1459–1519) m1. Mary of Burgundy, Duchess of Burgundy (1457–1482); Had Issue. m2. Anne of Brittany, Duchess of Brittany (1477–1514) ann. 1492; m3. Bianca Maria Sforza(1472–1510); No Issue.
    • Philip I, King of Castile & Duke of Burgundy (1478–1506) m. Joanna of Castile, Queen of Castile & Aragon (1479 –); Had Issue.
      • Eleanor (1498–1558) m1. Louis XII, King of France (1462–1515); No Issue. m2. João III, King of Portugal (1502 –); Had Issue.
      • Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (1500–1556) m. Mary of England (1496–1529); Had Issue. m2. Renée of France(1510 –); Had Issue.
        • M1. Philip (1517–1521); Died Young.
        • M1. Isabella (1521–) m. François of France, Dauphin of France (1519–); Had Issue.
        • M1. Marie (1522–1556) m1. Sigismund II of Poland, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania (1515–1554); No Issue. m2. Alexander II of Poland, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania (1516 –); Had Issue.
        • M1. Elisabeth (1524); Stillborn.
        • M1. Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor (1527 –) m. Elisabeth of Bohemia, Queen of Bohemia (1525–); Had Issue.
          • Marie (1545–)
          • Jeanne (1547); Died Young.
          • Charles (1549–1550); Died Young.
          • Philippe (1550–)
          • Marguerite (1551–)
          • Frédéric (1553–)
          • Hélène (1554–)
          • Charlotte (1555); Died Young.
          • Maximilian (1557 –)
          • François-Wenceslaus (1559 –)
          • Ladislaus (1560); Died Young.
          • Eleanor (1562); Died Young.
        • M2. Anne (1533–1587) m. Theodor of Bavaria, Duke of Bavaria (1526–1581); Had Issue.
        • M2. Charles, Archbishop-Elector of Cologne (1535–1601)
        • M2. Adélaïde (1537–1593) m. Charles-Rémi, Duke of Vendôme (1524–1571)
        • M2. Michèle, Abbess of Nivelles (1538–1599)
        • M2. Jean, Duke of Chartres (1541–1602)
        • [Ilg.] with Johanna Maria van der Gheynst: Jeanne (1522–1558) m. Lorenzo III of Florence (1519–1563)
      • Isabella (1501–1526) m. Christian II, King of Denmark & Norway (1481–1559); Had Issue.
      • Fernando VI, King of Spain (1503–1564) m. Isabella of Portugal(1503–1543); Had Issue.
        • Fernando VII Alonso, King of Spain (1528–1577) m1. Beatriz of Portugal (1530–1548); Had Issue. m2. Mary of England (1535–1564); Had Issue.
          • M1. Fernando (1548); Died Young.
          • M2. Juan, Prince of Asturias (1551–)
          • M2. Henrique (1553–)
          • M2. Alfonso (1554); Died Young.
          • M2. Maria Ceferina (1556–)
          • M2. Isabella Felisa (1557–)
          • M2. Carlos (1559–1561); Died Young.
          • M2. Joanna (1560–)
          • M2. Fernando (1563); Died Young.
        • Maria (1529–1569) m. Carlos Manuel, Crown Prince of Portugal (1522–1555); No Surviving Issue.
        • Isabella (1530–1531); Died Young.
        • Manuel (1531 –)
        • Juan (1533 –)
        • Carlos (1536 –)
        • Catarina (1537); Died Young.
        • Enrique (1538 –)
        • Leonor (1540 –) m. Filippo Emanuele, Duke of Milan & Orléans, Lord of Genoa (1535–); Had Issue.
        • Maximiliano (1541 –)
        • Pedro (1543–1544); Died Young.
        • Margarita (1543 –)
      • Mary (1505 –) m. Louis II of Bohemia & Hungary, King of Bohemia & Hungary (1506–1526); Had Issue.
      • Catherine (1507–) m. Charles III of Savoy, Duke of Savoy (1486–1550)
    • Margaret, Governor of the Low Countries (1480–1536) m1. John of Aragon, Prince of Asturias & Girona (1478–1497); No Issue. m2. Philibert II, Duke of Savoy (1480–1504); No Issue.
House of Valois: France
  • Louis XII, King of France (1462–1515) m1. Joan of France (1464–1505); ann. 1498—No Issue; m2. Anne of Brittany, Duchess of Brittany (1477–1514); Had Issue. m3. Eleanor of Austria(1498–1558); No Issue.
    • M2. Claude, Duchess of Brittany (1499–1526); m. Francis, King of France (1494–1547); Had Issue.
    • M2. Renée, Duchess of Chartres (1510–1573) m. Charles V of Austria, Holy Roman Emperor (1500–1555); Had Issue.
  • Charles, Count of Angoulême (1459–1496); m. Louise of Savoy(1476–1531); Had Issue.
    • Marguerite (1492–1549); m1. Charles IV, Duke of Alençon (1489–1525); No Issue. m2. Henri II of Navarre, King of Navarre (1503–1555); Had Issue.
    • François, King of France (1494–1547) m1. Claude of France, Duchess of Brittany (1499–1522); Had Issue. m2. Beatrice of Portugal(1504–)
      • M1. Louise (1515–1545) m. Louis IV of Naples (1500 –); Had Issue.
      • M1. Charlotte (1516–1565) m. Alexander IV of Scotland, King of Scots (1514–1572); Had Issue.
      • M1. Madeleine (1517–1518); Died Young.
      • M1. Anne, Abbess of Saint-Pierre-les-Dames (1518–1551); Died Unmarried.
      • M1. François II, King of France (1519–1568) m. Isabella of Austria(1521–1567); Had Issue.
        • François, Dauphin of France (1539–1559) m. Isabella of England (1542–1592); Had Issue.
          • Marie-Révérie (1559–)
        • Louise (1541); Died Young.
        • Louis (1542–1551); Died Young.
        • Charles IX, King of France (1543–)
        • Henri (1547–1549); Died Young.
        • Marie (1549–)
        • Claude (1550–)
        • Philippe (1551); Died Young.
        • Jeanne (1552–)
      • M1. Charles (1520–1529); Died Young.
      • M1. Victoire (1521–) m. Wilhelm of Cleves, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg (1516–); Had Issue.
      • M1. Louis, Duke of Orléans (1522–1538); No Issue.
      • [Ilg.] with Anne de Boullan: Elisabeth (1526 –) m1. François of Bourbon, Count of Enghien (1519–1546); No Issue. m2. Heinrich of Württemberg (1516–); Had Issue.
      • [Ilg.] with Anne de Boullan: Jacqueline (1530 –) m. Gaspard II de Coligny, Seigneur de Châtillon (1519–);
      • [Ilg.] with Anne de Boullan: Ottavio, Duke of Parma (1533–) m. Francesca Grimaldi (1536–);
      • M2. Marie (1533); Died Young.
      • M2. Filippo Emanuele, Duke of Milan & Orléans, Lord of Genoa (1535 –) m. Leonor of Spain (1540–); Had Issue.
      • [Ilg.] with Anne de Boullan: Marguerite (1536); Died Young.
      • [Ilg.] with Anne de Boullan: Charles-Hercule (1540); Died Young.
      • M2. Marie (1542 –)
  • René, Duke of Alençon (1454–1492) m1. Marguerite of Harcourt (14??–14??); No Issue. m2. Marguerite of Lorraine(1463–1521); Had Issue.
    • M2. Charles IV, Duke of Alençon (1489–1527) m. Marguerite of Angoulême (1492–1549); No Issue.
    • M2. Françoise (1490–1546) m1. François of Orléans, Duke of Longueville (1478–1512); m2. Charles of Bourbon, Duke of Vendôme (1489–1537)
    • M2. Anne (1492–1562) m. William IX Palaeologus, Marquis of Montferrat (1486–1518); Had Issue.
House of Albret (1479–1555) / House of Clèves-Nevers (1555–): Navarre
  • Catherine of Navarre, Queen of Navarre (1468–1517) m. Jean III, King of Navarre(1469–1516); Had Issue.
    • Anne (1492–1532); Died Unmarried.
    • Magdalene (1494–1504); Died Young.
    • Catherine, Abbess of the Trinity at Caen (1495–1532); Unmarried.
    • Joan (1496); Died Young.
    • Quiteria, Abbess of Montvilliers (1499–1536); Unmarried.
    • Andrew Phoebus (1501–1503); Died Young.
    • Henri II, King of Navarre (1503–1555) m. Marguerite of Angoulême(1492–1549); Had Issue.
      • Jeanne (1528); Died Young.
      • Françoise Fébé (1531 –) m. François II of Clèves, King of Navarre (Jure Uxoris) & Duke of Nevers (1520–1563); Had Issue.
        • Henriette (1553); Died Young.
        • Henri (1555–1557); Died Young.
        • François, Prince of Viana (1556–)
        • Quiterie (1558–)
        • Louis, Duke of Rethel (1559–1579)
        • Catherine (1560–)
      • Jean (1533); Died Young.
    • Buenaventura (1505–1510); Died Young.
    • Martin (1506–1512); Died Young.
    • François (1508–1512); Died Young.
    • Charles (1510–1543); Died Unmarried.
    • Isabelle (1513–1570) m1. Réne, Viscount of Rohan (1516–1537); Had Issue. m2. Gustav Vasa, King of Sweden (1496–1560); Had Issue.
House of Lorraine: Lorraine & Naples
  • René II, Duke of Lorraine (1451–1508); m. Philippa of Guelders(1464 –); Had Issue.
    • Antoine, Duke of Lorraine (1489–1515) m. Renée of Bourbon (1494–1539); No Issue.
    • Claude (1496–1515) m. Antoinette of Bourbon(1494 –); Had Issue.
      • Marie (1515–1547) m. Ercole II d’Este, Duke of Ferrara, Modena & Reggio (1508 –); Had Issue.
    • Jean III, Duke of Lorraine (1498–1550) m. Maria of Montferrat(1508–1565)
      • François, Duke of Lorraine (1525 –)
      • Anne (1526); Died Young.
      • Claude (1528 –)
      • Nicholas (1529 –)
      • Antoine (1531 –)
      • Louis (1532); Died Young.
      • Philippe (1534–1536); Died Young.
      • Marie (1535 –)
      • Renée (1538 –)
      • Charles (1541 –)
    • Luigi IV, King of Naples (1500–1557) m1. Louise of France (1515–1545) m2. Isabella of Savoy, Duchess of Bari & Princess of Rossano(1529–1554); Had Issue.
      • M1. Francesca (1536–)
      • M1. Renato II, King of Naples (1537 –) m. Margarita of Spain (1543–); Had Issue.
      • M1. Giovanna (1538); Died Young.
      • M1. Antonio, Duke of Calabria (1541 –1580)
      • M1. Giovanni (1541–1545); Died Young.
      • M1. Claudia (1542 –)
      • M2. Maria Galazia, Duchess of Bari & Princess of Rossano (1554–1619) m. ???
    • François, Count of Vaudémont (1506–)
House of Aviz: (1383–1580) / ???: (1580–): Portugal
  • Manuel, King of Portugal (1469–1521) m1. Isabella of Aragon, Princess of Asturias (1470–1498); Had Issue. m2. Maria of Aragon (1500–1517); Had Issue.
    • M1. Miguel, Prince of Asturias, and Portugal (1498–1500); Died Young.
    • M2. João III, King of Portugal (1502–1557); m. Eleanor of Austria(1498–1558); Had Issue.
      • Maria, Queen of Portugal (1521–1580) m. ???
      • Carlos Manuel, Hereditary Prince of Portugal (1522–1555) m. Maria of Spain(1529–1569); Had Issue.
        • Afonso Filipe (1544); Died Young.
        • João Fernando (1546); Died Young.
        • Leonor (1547); Died Young.
        • Manuel (1549); Died Young.
        • Matias (1551); Died Young.
        • João Benedito (1553); Died Young.
        • Joanna (1555); Died Young.
      • Afonso (1524–1526); Died Young.
      • Isabel (1526); Died Young.
      • João (1527); Died Young.
      • Joanna (1528–1533); Died Young.
      • Beatriz (1530–1548) m. Fernando VII Alonso, King of Spain (1528 –); Had Issue.
    • M2. Isabel (1503–1543) m. Fernando VI, King of Spain (1503–1564); Had Issue.
    • M2. Beatriz (1504 –) m1. François I of France, King of France (1494–1547); Had Issue. m2. Ercole II of Ferrara, Duke of Ferrara, Modena & Reggio (1508–); Had Issue.
    • M2. Luís, Duke of Beja (1506 –)
    • M2. Fernando, Duke of Guarda (1507 –)
    • M2. Afonso, Bishop of Guarda (1509 –)
    • M2. Enrique (1512 –)
    • M2. Maria (1513); Died Young.
    • M2. Duarte, Duke of Guimarães (1515–1545) m. Isabella of Braganza (1511–); Had Issue.
    • M2. António (1516); Died Young.
House of Oldenburg: Denmark-Norway
  • Christian I, King of Denmark (1426–1481) m. Dorothea of Brandenburg(1430–1495); Had Issue.
    • John, King of Denmark(1455–1513)
      • Christian II, King of Denmark (1481–1559) m. Isabella of Austria(1501–1526); Had Issue.
        • John II, King of England & Prince of Norway (1518–1548) m. Mary Tudor, Queen of England (1513 –); Had Issue.
          • SEE ENGLAND TREE.
        • Philip (1519); Died Young.
        • Maximilian (1519); Died Young.
        • Dorothea (1520 –) m. Otto of Pomerania, Duke of Pomerania (1517 –); Had Issue.
        • Christina (1521 –) m. Ludwig X of Bavaria, Duke of Bavaria (1495–1545); Had Issue.
    • Margaret (1456–1486) m. James III of Scotland, King of Scots (1452–1488)
    • Frederick I, King of Denmark (1471–1533) m1. Anna of Brandenburg (1487–1514); Had Issue. m2. Sophia of Pomerania (1498–); Had Issue.
      • M1. Christian (III), Pretended King of Denmark (1503–1542) m. Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenburg (1511 –); No Issue.
      • M1. Dorothea (1504 –) m. Albrecht of Prussia, Duke of Prussia (1490 –); Had Issue.
      • M2. Hans (1521 –)
      • M2. Elizabeth (1524 –)
      • M2. Adolf (1526 –)
      • M2. Anne (1527–1535); Died Young.
      • M2. Dorothea (1528 –)
      • M2. Frederik (1532 –)
House of Vasa: Sweden
  • Gustav Vasa, King of Sweden (1496–1560) m1. Catherine of Saxe-Lauenburg (1513–1537); Had Issue. m2. Isabelle of Navarre(1513–1571); Had Issue.
    • M1. Catherine (1533); Died Young.
    • M2. Carl IX, King of Sweden (1540 –)
    • M2. Johann (1541 –)
    • M2. Elisabet (1542 –)
    • M2. Magnus (1543–)
    • M2. Margareta (1546–1549); Died Young.
    • M2. Henrik (1547 –)
    • M2. Erik (1551–1556); Died Young.
    • M2. Catherine (1553); Died Young.
House of Zápolya: Hungary
  • John Zápolya, King of Hungary (1487–1540) m. Anne of Bohemia & Hungary(1503–1568)
    • Anna (1527 –)
    • Mary (1528–1540); Died Young.
    • Catherine (1530 –)
    • Elizabeth (1531 –)
    • Helena (1533 –)
    • John Louis (1536–1539); Died Young.
    • John II Vladislaus, King of Hungary (1539 –)
    • Stephan (1541 –)
House of Jagiellon: Poland
  • Sigismund, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania (1467–1548) m. Barbara Zápolya(1495–1532); Had Issue.
    • Hedwig (1513 –) m. Albrecht of Prussia, Duke of Prussia (1490 –); Had Issue.
    • Sigismund II, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania (1515–1554) m. Marie of Austria (1522–1556); No Issue.
    • Alexander II, King of Poland & Grand Duke of Lithuania (1516–) m1. Margarete of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1516–1552); m2. Marie of Austria (1522–1556); Had Issue. m3. ???
      • M1. Barbara (1541 –)
      • M1. Sigismund (1543–1545); Died Young.
      • M1. Constance (1545–1551); Died Young.
      • M1. Margaret (1546); Died Young.
      • M1. Casimir (1549–1550); Died Young.
      • M1. Elizabeth (1551–1552); Died Young.
      • M2. Maria Bonifacia (1555 –)
      • M2. Isabella (1556 –)
    • Anna (1520 –)
    • Sophia (1523 –)
    • Catherine (1524 –)
    • Casimir (1527); Died Young.
House of Rurik: Muscovy
  • Vasili III, Grand Duke of Moscow (1479–1533) m1. Solomonia Saburova (1490 -1542); No Issue. m2. Elena Glinskaya(1510–)
    • Ivan (1530); Died Young.
    • Vasili IV, Grand Prince of Moscow (1531 –) m. ???
THE MAJOR PRINCELY HOUSES OF GERMANY —

House of Wittelsbach: Electoral Palatinate & Bavaria

• Wilhelm IV, Duke of Bavaria (1493–1550) m. Jacobea of Baden(1503 –); Had Issue.
    • Theodor, Duke of Bavaria (1526–) m. Anne of Austria(1533–); Had Issue.
      • ???
    • Anna (1528–1531); Died Young.
    • Albrecht (1529); Died Young.
    • Mechtilde (1532 –)
  • Ludwig X, Duke of Bavaria (1495–1545) m. Christina of Denmark(1521–); Had Issue.
    • Albrecht (1543 –)
    • Magdalene (1544 –)
    • Ludwig (1545 –)
  • Louis V, Count Palatine of the Rhine (1478–1544) m. Sibylle of Bavaria (1489–1523); No Issue.
  • Friedrich II, Count Palatine of the Rhine (1482–1550) m. Anna of Cleves(1515–1564); Had Issue.
    • Friedrich III, Count Palatine of the Rhine (1545–)
House of Hohenzollern: Brandenburg & Prussia
  • Joachim Nestor, Elector of Brandenburg (1484–1535) m. Elizabeth of Denmark(1485–1555)
    • Joachim II Hektor, Elector of Brandenburg (1505 –) m1. Magdalena of Saxony (1507–1535); Had Issue. m2. Isabella Maria d’Este(1519 –); Had Issue.
      • M1. Johann Georg (1526); Died Young.
      • M1. Barbara (1528 –)
      • M1. Elisabeth (1529 –)
      • M1. Friedrich (1531 –)
      • M1. Johann (1532); Died Young.
      • M1. Albrecht (1532); Died Young.
      • M1. Christine (1535–1539); Died Young.
      • M2. Alfons Herkules (1542 –)
      • M2. Maria (1545 –)
      • M2. Joachim (1546 –)
      • M2. Elisabeth Lukretia (1548); Died Young.
    • Anna (1507 –)
    • Elisabeth (1510 –)
    • Margareta (1511 –)
    • Johann (1513–1517); Died Young.
  • Friedrich I, Margrave of Ansbach & Bayruth (1460–1536) m1. Sophia of Poland(1479–1512); Had Issue.
    • Kasimir, Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1481–1529) m. Susanna of Bavaria(1502 –); Had Issue.
      • Marie (1519 –)
      • Albrecht (1522–1526); Died Young.
      • Kunigunde (1524 –)
      • Friedrich II, Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach (1525 –)
  • Margarete (1483–1532); No Issue.
  • Georg, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach (1484 –) m1. Beatrice de Frangepan (1480–1510); No Issue. m2. Hedwig of Münsterberg-Oels (1508–1531); Had Issue. m3. Emilie of Saxony(1516 –); Had Issue.
    • M2. Anna Maria (1526 –)
    • M2. Sabina (1531); Died Young.
    • M3. Sophie (1535 –)
    • M3. Barbara (1536 –)
    • M3. Georg Friedrich (1537 –)
  • Sophie (1485–1537) m. Friedrich II of Legnica, Duke of Legnica (1480 –); Had Issue.
  • Anna (1487–1539) m. Wenceslaus II of Cieszyn (1488–1524); Had Issue.
  • Albrecht, Duke of Prussia (1490 –) m1. Dorothea of Denmark (1504–1535); Had Issue. m2. Hedwig of Poland(1513 –); Had Issue.
    • M1. Anna Sophia (1527); Died Young.
    • M1. Albrecht (1528); Died Young.
    • M1. Dorothea (1531 –)
    • M1. Lucia (1534 –)
    • M2. Albrecht Sigismund (1536 –)
    • M2. Barbara (1537–1540); Died Young.
    • M2. Hedwig (1539 –)
    • M2. Friedrich (1541–1543); Died Young.
    • M2. Elisabeth Magdalena (1544 –)
  • Johann, Viceroy of Valencia (1493–1525) m. Germaine of Foix(1488 –1536); Had Issue.
    • Violante, Infanta of Brandenburg (1525 –)
  • Elisabeth (1494–1518) m. Ernst of Baden-Durlach (1482 –); Had Issue.
  • Barbara (1495 –) m. George III of Leuchtenberg (1502 –); Had Issue.
  • Friedrich (1497 –); Died Unmarried.
  • Wilhelm, Archbishop of Riga (1498 –); Died Unmarried.
  • Johann Albrecht, (1499 –); Died Unmarried.
  • Gumprecht, (1503–1528); Died Unmarried.
House of Wettin: Saxony
  • Johann, Elector of Saxony (1468–1532) m1. Sophie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1481–1503); Had Issue. m2. Margarete of Anhalt-Köthen(1494–1521); Had Issue.
    • M1. Johann Friedrich, Duke of Saxony (1503 –) m. Sybille of Cleves(1512 –); Had Issue.
      • Johann Friedrich (1528 –)
      • Johann Wilhelm (1530 –)
      • Sybille (1536 –)
      • Johann Ernst (1538–1540); Died Young.
    • M2. Maria (1515 –)
    • M2. Margaret (1518 –)
    • M2. Johann (1519 –)
    • M2. Johann Ernst (1521); Died Young.
  • Georg, Duke of Saxony (1471–1539) m. Barbara Jagiellon(1478–1534); Had Issue.
    • Johann (1498–1537) m. Elisabeth of Hesse (1502–1557); No Issue.
    • Friedrich (1505–1531); Died Unmarried.
    • Christine (1505–1549) m. Philipp, Landgrave of Hesse (1504 –); Had Issue.
    • Magdalena (1507 –)
  • Heinrich IV, Duke of Saxony (1473–1541) m. Catherine of Mecklenburg(1487–1561); Had Issue.
    • Sybille (1515 –)
    • Emilie (1516 –)
    • Sidonie (1518 –)
    • Maurice (1521); Died Young.
    • Severin, Elector of Saxony (1522 –) m. Anna Gennara of Savoy(1528 –); Had Issue.
      • ???
    • Augustus (1526 –)
House of Griffin: Pomerania
  • Bogislaw X, Duke of Pomerania (1454–1523) m. Anna of Poland(1476–1503); Had Issue.
    • Anna (1492 –) m. Georg of Brieg, Duke of Legnica (1481–1523); No Issue.
    • Georg (1493–1525) m. Amalie of the Palatinate(1490–1524); Had Issue.
      • Bogislaw (1514); Died Young.
      • Philipp (1515–1518); Died Young.
      • Margaret (1518–1521); Died Young.
    • Kasimir VIII, Duke of Pomerania (1494–1549) m. Anna of Brunswick-Lüneburg(1501 –); Had Issue.
      • Otto IV, Duke of Pomerania (1517–) m. Dorothea of Denmark(1520 –); Had Issue.
        • ???
      • Bogislaw (1519–1521); Died Young.
      • Wartislaw (1520 –)
      • Anna (1522 –)
      • Sophie (1525 –)
      • Barnim (1526–1540); Died Unmarried.
      • Georgia (1529 –)
      • Johann Friedrich (1531–1537); Died Young.
    • Sophie (1498 –) m. Frederick of Denmark, King of Denmark & Norway (1471–1533); Had Issue.
    • Barnim (1501–1514); Died Young.
    • Otto (1503–1518); Died Young.
House of Ascania: Saxe-Lauenburg & Anhalt
  • Wolfgang, Prince of Anhalt-Köthen (1492 –)
  • Ernst, Prince of Anhalt-Dessau (1454–1516) m. Margarete of Münsterburg-Oels (1473–1530); Had Issue.
    • Thomas (1503); Died Young.
    • Johann V, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst (1504 –)
    • Georg III, Prince of Anhalt-Plötzkau (1507 –); Unmarried.
    • Joachim, Prince of Anhalt-Dessau (1509 –); Unmarried.
  • Magnus, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (1470–1543) m. Katharina of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel(1488 –); Had Issue.
    • Franz, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (1510 –)
    • Dorothea (1511 –) m. Christian of Denmark (1503–1543); No Issue.
House of Welf: Brunswick-Lüneberg, Calenberg, Grubenhagen & Wolfenbüttel
  • Ernest, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (1497 –)
  • Eric, Prince of Calenberg (1470–1540) m1. Katharina of Saxony (1468–1524); No Issue. m2. Elisabeth of Brandeburg(1510 –); Had Issue.
    • M2. Elisabeth (1526 –)
    • M2. Eric II, Prince of Calenberg (1528 –)
    • M2. Anna Maria (1532 –)
    • M2. Katharina (1534 –)
  • Ernest III, Duke of Brunswick-Grubenhagen (1518 –) m.
  • Heinrich V, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel (1489 –) m. Maria of Württemburg(1496–1541); Had Issue.
    • Margarete (1516 –)
    • Andreas (1517 –)
    • Katharina (1518 –)
    • Marie (1521 –)
    • Karl Viktor (1525–1527); Died Young.
    • Philipp Magnus (1527 –)
    • Julius (1528 –)
    • Clara (1532 –)
House of La Marck: Cleves-Jülich-Berg
  • Johann III, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg (1490–1539) m. Maria of Jülich-Berg(1491–1543); Had Issue.
    • Sybille (1512 –) m. Johann Friedrich, Elector of Saxony (1503 –); Had Issue.
    • Anna (1515 –) m. Friedrich II, Elector of the Palatinate (1482 –); Had Issue.
    • Wilhelm, Duke of Jülich-Cleves-Berg (1516 –) m. Victoire of France (1521 –); Had Issue.
    • Amalia (1517 –); Unmarried.
  • Charles II, Count of Nevers (1491–1522) m. Marie d’Albret, Countess of Rethel(1491–1549); Had Issue.
    • François II, King of Navarre (Jure Uxoris) & Duke of Nevers (1520–) m. Françoise Fébé, Queen of Navarre(1531–); Had Issue.
      • SEE NAVARRE TREE.
House of Württemberg: Württemberg
  • Ulrich, Duke of Würrtemberg (1487–1550) m. Sabina of Bavaria(1492 –)
    • Anna (1513); Died Young.
    • Heinrich, Duke of Württemberg (1516 –) m. Élisabeth of Angoulême (1526 –); Had Issue.
  • Georg, Count of Montbéliard (1498 –)
THE MAJOR PRINCELY HOUSES OF ITALY —

List of Popes of the Roman Catholic Church:
  • Leo X, Born Giovanni di Medici (1475–1521); R. 1513–1521
  • Pius IV, Born Pompeo Colonna (1479–1527); R. 1521–1527
  • Pius V, Born Giovanni Piccolomini (1475–1541); R. 1527–1541
  • Gelasius III, Born Girolamo Ghinucci (1480–1549); R. 1541–1549
  • Adrian VI, Born Reginald Pole (1500–1559) R. 1550–
House of Savoy: Savoy
  • Filippo II, Duke of Savoy (1438–1497) m1. Madeleine of Bourbon (1438–1483); Had Issue. m2. Claudine de Brosse(1450–1513); Had Issue.
    • M1. Louise (1476–1531) m. Charles d’Orléans, Count of Angoulême (1459–1496)
    • M1. Filiberto II, Duke of Savoy (1480–1504) m. Margaret of Austria (1480–1536); No Issue.
    • M2. Carlo III, Duke of Savoy (1486–1550) m. Catherine of Austria(1507–); Had Issue.
      • Giovanna (1526); Died Young.
      • Caterina (1527–1546)
      • Anna Gennara (1528 –) m. Severin of Saxony, Duke of Saxony (1522 –); Had Issue.
      • Maria (1529–1531); Died Young.
      • Carlo (1530–1534); Died Young.
      • Filiberto (1532); Died Young.
      • Filippo III Giano Amadeo, Duke of Savoy (1533 –) m. ???
      • Antonia (1535–1538); Died Young.
    • M2. Ludovico (1488–1502); Died Young.
    • M2. Philippe, Duke of Nemours (1490–1529) m. Bona Sforza, Duchess of Bari & Princess of Rossano (1494 –); Had Issue.
      • Isabella of Savoy (1529–1554) m. Luigi IV, King of Naples (1500–1554); Had Issue.
    • M2. Assolone (1494); Died Young.
    • M2. Giovanni Amadeo (1495); Died Young.
    • M2. Filiberta (1498–1524) m. Giuliano di Medici, Duke of Nemours (1479–1516); Had Issue.
House of Palaelogus: Montferrat
  • William IX, Marquis of Montferrat (1486–1518) m. Anne d’Alençon(1492–1562); Had Issue.
    • Maria (1508–1565) m. Jean III, Duke of Lorraine (1498–1550); Had Issue.
    • Margherita (1510–1566) m. ???
    • Boniface IV, Marquis of Montferrat (1512–1551) m1. Marie of Bourbon (1515–1538); Had Issue. m2. Lucrèce Medici, Dame of Fossan(1516–1587); Had Issue.
      • M1. Anna (1532–)
      • M1. Francesca (1535–)
      • M1. Carlotta (1538); Died Young.
      • M2. Teodoro III, Duke of Montferrat (1541–1595)
      • M2. Guiliana (1543–)
House of Este: Ferrara, Modena & Reggio
  • Alfonso, Duke of Ferrara, Modena & Reggio (1476–1534) m1. Anna Sforza (1476–1497); No Issue. m2. Lucrezia Borgia (1480–1519); Had Issue. m3. Laura Dianti(14??–1573); Had Issue.
    • M2. Alessandro (1505); Died Young.
    • M2. Ercole II, Duke of Ferrara, Modena & Reggio (1508 –) m1. Marie of Lorraine (1515 – 1547); Had Issue. m2. Beatriz of Portugal(1504 –); Had Issue.
      • M1. Alfonso (1534–1550); Died Unmarried.
      • M1. Francesco (1536 – 1538); Died Young.
      • M1. Ercole (1537 – 1538); Died Young.
      • M1. Maria Antoinetta (1543 –)
      • M1. Claudio (1545–)
      • M2. Isabella (1550–)
    • M2. Ippolito, Archbishop of Milan (1509 –)
    • M2. Alessandro (1514–1516); Died Young.
    • M2. Leonora (1515 –); Unmarried.
    • M2. Francesco (1516 –)
    • M2. Isabella Maria (1519 –) m. Joachim II Hektor, Elector of Brandenburg (1505 –); Had Issue.
House of Medici: Florence
  • Lorenzo, Lord of Florence (1449–1492) m. Clarice Orsini(1453–1488); Had Issue.
    • Lucrezia (1470–1551) m. Jacopo Salviati (1461–1533)
    • Piero, Lord of Florence (1472–1503) m. Alfonsina Orsini(1472–1520); Had Issue.
      • Clarice (1489–1528) m. Filippo Strozzi (1489–1538)
      • Lorenzo II, Lord of Florence & Duke of Urbino (1492–1519) m. Madeleine de la Tour d’Auvergne, Countess of Boulogne & Lady of St. Saturnin(1498–1519); Had Issue.
        • Lorenzo III, Duke of Florence (1519–1563) m. Jeanne of Austria (1522–1558); Had Issue.
          • Maddalena (1542–1544); Died Young.
          • Francesco (1544–1545); Died Young.
          • Pietro, Grand Duke of Tuscany (1545–)
          • Maria (1546–)
          • Cosimo (1548–)
          • Anna (1550–)
          • Giovanni (1551); Died Young.
          • Isabella (1553–)
          • Carlo (1553–)
      • Luisa (1494); Died Young.
    • Maddalena (1473–1528) m. Franceschetto Cybo, Duke of Spoletto (1450–1519)
    • Contessina Beatrice (1474); Died Young.
    • Pope Leo X (1475–1521); Born Giovanni
    • Luisa (1477–1488); Died Young.
    • Contessina Antonia (1478–1515) m. Piero Ridolfi (1469–1525)
    • Guiliano, Duke of Nemours (1479–1516) m. Filiberta of Savoy(1498–1524)
      • [Ilg.] with Pacifica Brandano: Ippolito (1511 –)
      • Lucrèce, Dame of Fossan (1516–1587) m1. Louis II d’Orléans, Duke of Longueville (1510–1537); Had Issue. m2. Boniface IV Palaeologus, Marquis of Montferrat (1512–1567); Had Issue.
MISCELLANEOUS NOBLE HOUSES —

House of Bourbon – Duke of Bourbon & Vendôme

• Charles III, Duke of Bourbon (1490–1529) m. Suzanne of Bourbon, Duchess of Bourbon(1491–1521); Had Issue.
    • François, Cardinal-Duke of Bourbon & Archbishop of Lyons (1517–1583); Died Unmarried.
  • Charles, Duke of Vendôme (1489–1537) m. Françoise of Alençon(1490–1546); Had Issue.
    • Louis, Duke of Vendôme (1514–1546); Died Unmarried.
    • Marie (1515–1538) m. Boniface IV, Marquis of Montferrat (1512–1551); Had Issue.
    • Marguerite (1516–1559); Died Unmarried.
    • Antoinette (1518 –)
    • François, Count of Enghien (1519–1546) m. Élisabeth of Angoulême (1526 –); No Issue.
    • Madeleine, Abbess of Sainte-Croix de Poitiers (1521–1561)
    • Louis (1522–1532); Died Young.
    • Charles Rémi, Duke of Vendôme (1524 –) m. Adélaïde of Austria (1537–)
    • Catherine, Abbess of Soissons (1525–1594)
    • Renée, Abbess of Chelles (1527–1583)
    • François, Count of Soissons & Enghien (1528 –)
    • Jean, Prince of Condé (1530 –)
House of Boullan – Duke of Plaisance & Duke of Valentinois:
  • Thomas Boleyn (1477–1539) m. Elizabeth Howard(1480–1538); Had Issue.
    • Marie (1499–1556) m. Jean du Tillet, Sieur de La Bussiére (1500–1561); Had Issue.
    • Georges, Duke of Valentinois (1504–1557) m. Louise Borgia, Dame of Châlus (1500–1553); Had Issue.
      • Charlotte (1535); Died Young.
      • Alain, Duke of Valentinois (1538 –)
      • Jean (1541 –)
    • Anne, Duchess of Plaisance (1507–)
House of Le Trémoille – Duke of Thouars:
  • François, Viscount of Thouars (1505–1541) m. Anne de Laval, Princess of Tarente (1505–1554); Had Issue.
    • Louis III, Duke of Thouars (1521–1577) m. Catherine Stuart, Countess of Boulogne(1522–1593); Had Issue.
      • Madeleine (1544–)
      • Jean, Count of Brenon (1546–1570); Died Unmarried.
      • Alexandre, Duke of Thouars (1550–1611)
      • Jacques, Count of Boulogne (1552–1600)
      • Anne-Hippolyte (1555–1609)
House of Chalon – Prince of Orange:
  • Philibert, Prince of Orange (1502 –) m. Elisabeth of Nassau-Siegen(1515–1543); Had Issue.
    • Antoine (1531–1535); Died Young.
    • Guillaume (1533 –)
    • René (1536–1537); Died Young.
    • Charlotte (1538 –)
House of Brandon – Viscount of Strêye:
  • Charles, Viscount of Strêye (1484–1545) m1. Anne Browne (14??–1513); Had Issue. m2. Anna of Egmont(1504 –); Had Issue.
    • M1. Anne (1507 –) m. Jean Micault (15??–1539); No Issue.
    • M1. Maria (1510 –) m. Viglius Aytta van Zwichem (1507 –); Had Issue.
    • M2. Henri, Viscount of Strêye (1532 –) m. Antoinette of Glymes (1535 –)
    • M2. Jeanne (1535 –)
    • M2. Charles, Sieur of Erbisœul (1536–1557); Died Unmarried.

Last edited:
In the tragedies of the House of Aviz
Sweet words to my ear like the singing of angel
“I wish nothing to do with that murderer, and nothing shall ever sway my mind. That goes for all my children… my sons just as well as my daughters! What right would I have to send one of my finest English roses into the den of iniquity and murder, which is Denmark? No—no, never. Erase it from your mind, good Bishop, and good Chancellor… meddle not in such matters and tell your dog Paget to do the same. I know that neither of you acts out of maliciousness but out of concern for my own welfare—and for the good of our late king, too… but remember what the dear king bade you all do in his will: to obey me in all things, as you often and always have before. As I have clarified my feelings on the Danish king, we should have no further reason to discuss it.”
Wow! She hates Denmark as much as I hate the portuguese royal house!

We would get along just fine

Makes me wonder how many TLs in universe is just "Mary has enough and decides she has to destroy the danes"

Maybe even a self-insert where she is put on her younger self and, after making sure to marry John all over again, does everything in her power to undermine the "perfidious danish"