An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

If Katherine isn't paired with abusive tyrant for a husband, it would certainly help...
An abusive tyrant who’s considerably older than her to boot…and of course, that coming after a fairly miserable life even before then.

Of course, it’ll give the Howards in general and the Duke of Norfolk in particular a great deal more power and influence…

I did someone suggest Katherine when everyone was trying to guess, can't remember who it was, but I played it super cool. If you look back, I didn't deny it, nor did I confirm it.
That was me! I knew Katherine Howard would be the one, I called it weeks ago! *fistbumps the air*

Deleted member 81475

Katheryn being the late Empress' cousin is going to interestingly shape modern portrayals of the Howard bloodline, continuously marrying above their station. There'll probably be some assumptions by historians and casting departments that the family is unusually attractive and charming. Hopefully she is true to John.

I did wonder if it might be her, especially with the success of Henry VIII's other OTL wives ITTL, but felt like the speculation was more fun looking at potential alliances even if a domestic match could be more fun to read. When Maria came up I also wondered about Katherine Willoughby (can't remember if she's around ITTL).

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I haven’t received the notifications for the recent updates so I just read them

But I honestly suggested if bc she was the only one of Henry’s OTL wives who could marry his son, given that she was so much younger than him. And, the only problem with the match might come from her being the daughter of a younger son and the niece instead of the daughter of the Duke, but since John’s sisters are already marrying abroad…

Anne of Cleves was less than a year older than Mary, Katherine Parr and Mary had four years age gap, Jane Seymour and Mary had eight years age gap...

Yes, but Katherine Howard was the youngest one out of all six of them (the age difference between Henry & Catherine of Aragon is the only reasonable one) and the most age-appropriate one for John to marry.

That’s depending on what year Pandizzy chose for her. I don’t think that we know what actual birth year for her, despite being a Howard…..
We don't, her age during her marriage is debated to be somewhere between 14-21 so that is a lot of room to use to make her appropriate for John age-wise