An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

Thomas Boleyn‘s idiocy is monumental. Charles V was engaged to two girls still in the nursery at the same time and with a standing offer of a young woman ready for marriage and decided to do whatever he wanted aka marrying for love instead of for an alliance...
Portugal will be the less offended as Charles V had NEVER demonstrated the slightest interest in Isabella (who will likely close herself in a convent for the heartbreak unless she do not end as second wife of either Henry VIII or Francis I)

Thomas Boleyn‘s idiocy is monumental. Charles V was engaged to two girls still in the nursery at the same time and with a standing offer of a young woman ready for marriage and decided to do whatever he wanted aka marrying for love instead of for an alliance...
Portugal will be the less offended as Charles V had NEVER demonstrated the slightest interest in Isabella (who will likely close herself in a convent for the heartbreak unless she do not end as second wife of either Henry VIII or Francis I)
The Portuguese still have the right of being shocked and I don't want Isabella in a convent, but I also don't know where to put her

The Portuguese still have the right of being shocked and I don't want Isabella in a convent, but I also don't know where to put her
Perhaps she could wed Francesco II Sforza, the Duke of Milan? It's not the best match of course, but it could be inoffensive to the French and the Habsburgs. maintaining the balance of power as a Portuguese match would not put Milan firmly on either side. Other than him I see few other decent marriages for Isabella though, yet Henry II of Navarre may be possible for similar reasons. Excellent chapter, by the way, it is most interesting to see the reactions, and I wonder if perhaps Catherine is pregnant again.

Perhaps she could wed Francesco II Sforza, the Duke of Milan? It's not the best match of course, but it could be inoffensive to the French and the Habsburgs. maintaining the balance of power as a Portuguese match would not put Milan firmly on either side. Other than him I see few other decent marriages for Isabella though, yet Henry II of Navarre may be possible for similar reasons. Excellent chapter, by the way, it is most interesting to see the reactions, and I wonder if perhaps Catherine is pregnant again.
Maybe, though I had some plans for Milan that I don't think will go well with this marriage. Plans change though.

That is sure, they have all the right to be shocked, but are unlikely to be offended and have no reason for felt slighted as Charles’ lack of interest for a match with Isabella was well know.

Isabella can easily end as second wife for Francis I of France, if Claude die as OTL. Or ATL second wife of Henry VIII, if he decided to free himself from Catherine earlier than OTL.

No way. Henry of Navarre and Francis Sforza are rulers barely able to keep control of their lands and neither would be the right kind of husband for Isabella, who would end making a much worse match than her sister

He is married to Bona and Poland is too far away from Portugal. England or France would be already a stretch, but if neither is available for her Isabella will stay unmarried
So most likely she marries into Savoy instead of Beatrice or retires to a convent?

So most likely she marries into Savoy instead of Beatrice or retires to a convent?
Beatrice is already married in Savoy at this point and that match was not good enough for Isabella, in any case. Isabella can retire in a convent or simply remain unmarried in Portugal

Isabella is, I believe, reported to have said "Caesar or nothing" with Caesar being Charles. So she was well prepared to become an unmarried Spinster. Is there, after her kin, any other heirs? She could, perhaps, be married to them to tie them to the throne.

Isabella is, I believe, reported to have said "Caesar or nothing" with Caesar being Charles. So she was well prepared to become an unmarried Spinster. Is there, after her kin, any other heirs? She could, perhaps, be married to them to tie them to the throne.
No, and she would NEVER made such match. She had a lot of brothers in any case

No, and she would NEVER made such match. She had a lot of brothers in any case
We know from OTL that lots of brothers is not a guarantee - after all, only John had legitimate heirs and they were dead in 2 generations, leaving her son, Philip, to succeed. She could easily make a match with an heir to the throne from another branch to tie him and his family to the throne - if they fall, so does he, so there'll be no rebellions here, sonny-boy!

We know from OTL that lots of brothers is not a guarantee - after all, only John had legitimate heirs and they were dead in 2 generations, leaving her son, Philip, to succeed. She could easily make a match with an heir to the throne from another branch to tie him and his family to the throne - if they fall, so does he, so there'll be no rebellions here, sonny-boy!
There is NONE and her mother Maria‘s last wish/request was a good/great match for Isabella (to a King, and one in full possession of his Kingdom). Forcing her to marry a Portuguese nobody (because that would be that kind of husband) would be a total humiliation for her

There is NONE and her mother Maria‘s last wish/request was a good/great match for Isabella (to a King, and one in full possession of his Kingdom). Forcing her to marry a Portuguese nobody (because that would be that kind of husband) would be a total humiliation for her
Then, mayhaps, Denmark? It'd shake things up there, certainly.