An alternate toonami history (pop culture timeline in the style of timeline 93)

Grand theft review 3
7 November 2001
This November so far has been pretty good especially when last week was not only just Halloween but also the day of the schools excursion to dreamworks animation and that was pretty good plus I think I may have had a bit of a holy grail on my hand which is a game review that the toonami channel did during the midnight run block take a listen
TOM 2-“Pretty rare thing to get a midnight run game review but the reason why this is happening is because we can’t talk about grand theft auto 3 during normal hours so here we are talking about grand theft auto 3 during the midnight run gameplay wise it is pretty much the same as the first two games where you go into many a late at night club drive a lot of cars shoot a lot of guns and crash into a lot of people the story doesn’t seem to be all there but then again the appeal of grand theft auto is it’s lack of story just to get the driving and the crashes so for many a grand theft auto fan this will truely get a kick out of them toonami midnight run gives grand theft auto 3 9 out of 10 rev it up.-“
This will be a game for my dad since I am too young to play it.
Elvis Seymour

A marketing push is about to come in
11 October 2001
It’s good to see that the ratings for the final episode of trollhunters have been pretty good in fact even better then what we were expecting and Guillermo Lee and Brad delivered something that is within my standards of a good show from multiple years of work and now that we are getting close to the release of Shrek 2 we here at light bulb animation are proud to say that ahead of the premiere of season 2 of fungleberries tomorrow we have been renewed for a third season of that which will premiere in July 2002 thank you.
John Lasseter

A trap is laid out in hyperspace
22 December 2001
School has been out for me since Thursday and I am already using this six week period before I have to go back to my advantage I do have a good Christmas gift idea that I think Santa will give me and that is final fantasy X because yesterday toonami gave it a good review so I will need to possibly play it for myself to see if the score they gave it was worth it or not but today they aired a promo for a T.I.E that I am now interested in checking out
Announcer-“When the absolution gets set on to a course that is far beyond TOM and SARA’s understanding,
SARA-“TOM I can’t get the coordinates set to the proper path!
TOM 2-“I will get out there and try to help you.-“
Announcer-“It will be a short amount of time that will be needed to try to get things back to normal.-“
Announcer-“The toonami network is proud to present a five episode total immersions event trapped in hyperspace premieres 16 May 2002 get ready for the trip that TOM and SARA will most likely want to forget.-“
kids love it
will certainly be ready to help you two out TOM.
Elvis Seymour

Let’s get the wisecracking loons out
28 December 2001
Christmas was very good this year especially when taking into consideration the fact that I got final fantasy X and i have been playing it like crazy lately but that doesn’t mean that I am glued to my PlayStation 2 all day everyday I have been touching grass and doing other things on the TV like watching toonami which reminds me of the fact that today I was able to catch a promo for an old show that they will be airing reruns of called Loonatics unleashed and it reminds me of the ninja turtles series from 2 decades ago which means it will be cheesy as heck but a good kind of cheese take a listen
TOM 2-“We here at toonami like reruns of old action cartoons like we even had a speech on reruns a few years ago and it seems to have gone down well that we might do a redux one day but that is not relevant what is relevant is the fact that we have added another show to the library of old action shows we like to put on like the real ghostbusters the 80s ninja turtles series and he man and the masters of the universe Loonatics unleashed premieres 3 March 2002 at 11:30AM only toonami bring on the reruns.-“
Bring them on indeed.
Elvis Seymour
note test thread post being made canon you’re welcome @THE KINGFISH and @Tacomaster

A new year a new act
31 December 2001
Another year has wrapped up pretty well or at the very least well enough that I wouldn’t consider it the start of a dark age for me and even toonami are considering it to be a good year largely thanks to the launch of Percy Jackson season 2 from back in August and the launch of the new show justice league and I found this thing from before toonami started the new years eye party pretty interesting take a listen
TOM 2-“This year has been pretty good for us especially since we were able to get season 2 of an old favourite show of ours in that of Percy Jackson and the Olympians and even gained a new favourite in that of justice league so I thought that before we go ahead and end 2001 with a bang I should go on ahead and talk about nostalgia nostalgia can be a double edged sword at times on one hand it can be a pretty good thing to have especially when grandpa Roger sits you down by the open fire and tells you about what life was like in the 1930s for him while on the other hand nostalgia can be a huge drawback when it comes to those that are looking forward to the future and have mindsets that can sometimes be pretty outdated and that is something that we here at toonami do not endorse at all always make sure you be careful who you are reminiscing with so yeah be nostalgic responsibly and now that that is out of the way let’s get the new years toonami bash started and bring on 2002.-“
Party on TOM.
Elvis Seymour

The newer days are here again
1 January 2002
The new year is here and despite not really going to any real parties I still feel tired from the results of the toonami new years bash and yeah I feel like I need at least until next Monday before I recover but other then that I think Nickelodeon might be trying to compete with toonami by launching a action block of their own called Slam! with their own hosts and everything take a listen to this first bumper they made
Plankton-“Welcome foolish mortals to the chum bucket where you will remain prisoners here until you find my burgers to be the best in the world .-“
Karen-“PLANKTON DON’T SCARE OFF THE VIEWERS!-“
Karen-“Sorry about my husband but yes welcome to the chum bucket home to according to him good burgers but also now the new programming hub for a new project called Slam! both Plankton and I are very excited to show off some of the best action animated series that the bigwigs at Nickelodeon would like to offer you or at the very least some action animation that is on par to outside competitors stay tuned for super duper sumos.-“
Plankton-“How were you able to remember all of that?-“
Karen-“You forget that I am a machine.-“
Very interesting concept maybe I should have this block as an alternative to toonami in case it has technical difficulties or something.
Elvis Seymour
note 1 the foolish mortals line from Plankton is a reference to the fact that I think that Plankton sounds a bit similar to the haunted mansion host.
note 2 shoutout to @TheFaultsofAlts for the concept of Plankton and Karen being the first hosts for Slam!

1 January 2002
The new year is here and despite not really going to any real parties I still feel tired from the results of the toonami new years bash and yeah I feel like I need at least until next Monday before I recover but other then that I think Nickelodeon might be trying to compete with toonami by launching a action block of their own called Slam! with their own hosts and everything take a listen to this first bumper they made
Plankton-“Welcome foolish mortals to the chum bucket where you will remain prisoners here until you find my burgers to be the best in the world .-“
Karen-“PLANKTON DON’T SCARE OFF THE VIEWERS!-“
Karen-“Sorry about my husband but yes welcome to the chum bucket home to according to him good burgers but also now the new programming hub for a new project called Slam! both Plankton and I are very excited to show off some of the best action animated series that the bigwigs at Nickelodeon would like to offer you or at the very least some action animation that is on par to outside competitors stay tuned for super duper sumos.-“
Plankton-“How were you able to remember all of that?-“
Karen-“You forget that I am a machine.-“
Very interesting concept maybe I should have this block as an alternative to toonami in case it has technical difficulties or something.
Elvis Seymour
note 1 the foolish mortals line from Plankton is a reference to the fact that I think that Plankton sounds a bit similar to the haunted mansion host.
note 2 shoutout to @TheFaultsofAlts for the concept of Plankton and Karen being the first hosts for Slam!
Cool!

Stranger and stranger
1 July 2002
Last night I had my first nightmare in a while and it may have been because of the fact that yesterday I watched an episode of Casper’s scare school and as a result my mother asked me to make a vow that I would never watch Casper’s scare school again despite the fact that it was created by my dearest friend Steve Whitmire and also despite the fact that I liked the show a lot but the timing of me making that vow couldn’t have been more of a coincidence as toonami did this kind of speech today about the concept of nightmares take a listen to this recording
TOM 2-“The events of mid May where we were stuck in the hyperspace field was a bit of a nightmare for us so today I want to talk to you guys about nightmares nightmares are like bad dreams that someone has where they get stuck in the woods or they’re falling off a high step or their family left them behind at a department store or something like that and yeah they can be well pretty bad but recent studies have found that nightmares can be caused by high levels of stress so yeah the next night that you would have a nightmare maybe try some meditation in the morning.-“
Very interesting speech there might show it to mum the next time I have one.
Elvis Seymour

Addressing the competition
9 January 2002 (filler post)
There may only be a few weeks left before I go back to school which will most likely mean that I may have to endure some more bullying but at the very least I will have the toonami channel to satisfy me with a possible speech that may or may not inspire me to keep moving forward and from the looks of things the afternoon block on the channel is going to be moving forward by way of addressing the fact that they have now gotten some competition in that of Slam! take a listen to this lineup promo
TOM 2-“Some competition has recently been gained.-“
SARA-“And toonami will address that by way of this action packed lineup for the afternoons.-“
TOM 2-“Tenchi muyo can’t decide what girl is best girl at 5:00PM then goku and the gang find some dragon balls at 5:30PM dragon ball z has an encounter with buu at 6:00PM then Batman beyond has momentary discomfort at 6:30PM the defenders of the earth assemble at 7:00PM then we finish it up with an hour of extreme ghostbusters at 7:30PM.-“
SARA-“Toonami on every day on channel 617.-“
TOM 2-“I love this job.-“
and I love this channel and think it may just beat slam! in this fight.
Elvis Seymour

Plankton’s gaming heart grew 3 sizes that day
1 May 2002 (filler post)
Today at school was just a bit more of the same old stuff but on other things to do with my life a teacher that a friend of mine has always had in geography is stepping down due to some controversial reasons and while it may be sad for the friend I on the other hand couldn’t really care less about him especially as how he debunked my idea of watching toonami while we work on our exams but on the other hand one thing that surely will teach him a lesson is the score card Karen and Plankton gave the new video game that came out called ratchet and clank a good review and we may just agree with them if we watch it
Karen-“Life underwater with an always sceeming copepod that is always thinking about some stupid formula to what is ultimately just a sandwich can get pretty boring but at the very least the latest light at the end of the tunnel has been a new video game called ratchet and clank the best way I can go ahead and describe it as is that it’s Star Wars meets disney’s Robin Hood by way of the tone of the dark crystal and with that description in mind how does it go gameplay wise it’s pretty good with the way that it’s giving out free currency or bolts like they are McDonald’s French fries the weapons are well designed and even the score by Howard Shore is pretty good even on par with his work on the recent lord of the rings movie although the only thing that I would say is really holding the game back from being the best of 2002 is the main character in that of ratchet the voice actor did a good job with what he was given but the character himself seems like he is a first draft for who should be the next sonic the hedgehog that was rushed out into the battlefield without a honesty lesson so hopefully the dev team at insomniac games fix up ratchet with the next game Slam! gives ratchet and clank 8 out of 10 not the best game of 2002 but still pretty enjoyable.-“
Ok that‘s my birthday gift sorted out.
Elvis Seymour

Sara Sara talk to me!
16 May 2002 (filler post)
School now really seems to be playing the excursions to animation studios card in order to make up for the fact that yesterday my sports class was cancelled due to the fact that my sports teacher caught a cold that may be a lot worse then what I heard happened to Jim Henson when I was 4 years old because now I heard from my normal teacher that my class is going to Cosgrove hall films in Missouri and while I am excited about that I feel like it’s compensation for sports cancelation but I am willing to do that instead of sports plus today trapped in hyperspace finally premiered on toonami and it’s gripping me like a hook see for yourself
(no transcripts still)
will tune in tomorrow.
Elvis Seymour

A day later and the absolution is still in hyperspace
17 May 2002
I found out when the excursion to Cosgrove hall films is going to take place and it’s going to take place in November this year and it seems fitting that it would take place in term 4 since we are focusing on getting the year over and done with anyway and another thing that was good about today was that episode 2 of trapped in hyperspace premiered and i am still hooked on it especially thanks to the fact that the Klingon from Star Trek the next generation is playing the villian here and is chilling in the role take a listen for yourself
(rince and repeat with no transcripts)
Tomorrow with episode 3 should be when it reaches it’s peak I guess but we will find out tomorrow I guess.
Elvis Seymour

The virus that’s making Sara go mad is fading but not by much
18 May 2002 (filler post)
I heard back from Steve Whitmire today and he has said that he may be stepping back from creating projects from rankin bass animated entertainment in order to focus on his new found position as the chief creative officer of the studio and I for one cannot be any happier for him as it’s good that a friend of mine is rising up the ranks and another good thing was the resolution of episode 3 of trapped in hyperspace take a watch and decide for yourself
(again no transcripts)
episode 4 should be very exciting.
Elvis Seymour

The virus has been blasted out of your system Sara
19 May 2002
The weekend maybe done but that doesn’t mean that the toonami T.I.E trapped in hyperspace is because today I just saw episode 4 and what a gripping end to the virus it was take a watch and find out for yourself
(i swear i am gonna have to just ask someone to write down transcripts for these things)
the more things change the more they stay the same.
Elvis Seymour

We finally did it we are out of hyperspace
20 May 2002
Oh my goodness you would not believe what the school did today to make me so happy they actually had the supervising director of one of my favourite shows at the moment the wild thornberrys called Matthew Vogel over at my school to have a seminar on animation and boy was it good when I took part in it and to make this day even better on top of that episode 5 of trapped in hyperspace aired on toonami today at morning tea time so dad was able to record it and what a nice little bow this T.I.E has on it take a watch and see for yourself
(somebody write some scripts for these things)
can’t wait for the next T.I.E to happen.
Elvis Seymour

Hmm...

What if instead of beating Mobile Suit Gundam Wing into the ground over the space of three years, Cartoon Network manages to get Sunrise to let them dub After War Gundam X, which becomes such a big hit that Sunrise lets Cartoon Network buy the unfilmed eleven episode scripts towards the end and commissions Cartoon Network Studios and Williams Street Films to animate them, with the chosen dub cast to voice them, with the result arguably blowing up even bigger than Gundam Wing and ensuring things like the production of either a third season of The Big O, or else a finale movie wrapping up all the plot ppoints and giving Aangel some semblance of comfort for what she'd been put through.

Or is this idea too late?

Hmm...

What if instead of beating Mobile Suit Gundam Wing into the ground over the space of three years, Cartoon Network manages to get Sunrise to let them dub After War Gundam X, which becomes such a big hit that Sunrise lets Cartoon Network buy the unfilmed eleven episode scripts towards the end and commissions Cartoon Network Studios and Williams Street Films to animate them, with the chosen dub cast to voice them, with the result arguably blowing up even bigger than Gundam Wing and ensuring things like the production of either a third season of The Big O, or else a finale movie wrapping up all the plot ppoints and giving Aangel some semblance of comfort for what she'd been put through.

I’ll think about it for 2003 or something besides toonami in this timeline is it’s own channel

Last edited:
A near Christmas gift from us here at toonami
11 December 2002
10 days left before my school’s year wraps up and I quite like the fact that my class was able to get a real Christmas tree and one of the ornaments that my classmate Joisse Holme made was of TOM 2 the current version of TOM hosting the channel and I am surprised that she was able to do that plus I found a surprising promo that toonami did for a gundam show that surprisingly enough didn’t come to our shores any sooner take a listen
TOM 2-“Here’s a little fun fact about this show that we are finally bringing on to this channel the bosses at Williams street studios tried to put this show on our channel back in 1996 when the show was brand new but the deal fell through due to the fact that at the time we were a small channel and also Japan was going through an economic crisis at the time so the price for licensing was too small for us but now that Japan is back to normal we are finally going to bring this show to American shores with an English dub directed by gundam fan from rankin bass animated entertainment Peter Linz and if the show is sucessful in it’s original form we will be producing the unmade 11 episodes to expand it after war gundam x premieres 21 February 2003 at 11:30AM only toonami.-“
Seems like an interesting promise I will try to do my best to keep my end of it by tuning in on the day.
Elvis Seymour

Hmm...

That would be AMAZING! I could even see them make more co-pros, and perhaps even help with Gundam 00.