An alternate toonami history (pop culture timeline in the style of timeline 93)

A revolution is televised
6 March 1996
I was just minding my own business coming home from school and tuning in to Cartoon Network channel 615 and everything was normal until after an episode of lippy the lion and hardy ha ha a promo came on and this promo was kind of strange in it’s nature in that it had moltar from space ghost coast to coast speaking
moltar-“No need to worry your tv is not broken at all GPI is just interrupting this broadcast to bring you this announcement starting from the 17th of march channel 617 will be becoming a new home for western action cartoons and this new medium that will be hitting our shores called anime spread the word to your local schools the animation revolution will be televised and it has a name and it’s called
1680820614332.png

Hope to see you on the 17th of March on channel 715.-“
wow very inspiring will do sir moltar toonami here i come.
Elvis Seymour
@Otakuninja2006 @TheFaultsofAlts @TheBeanieBaron @panpiotr @OldNavy1988 what do you guys think of this new timeline that I am creating

6 March 1996
I was just minding my own business coming home from school and tuning in to Cartoon Network channel 615 and everything was normal until after an episode of lippy the lion and hardy ha ha a promo came on and this promo was kind of strange in it’s nature in that it had moltar from space ghost coast to coast speaking
moltar-“No need to worry your tv is not broken at all GPI is just interrupting this broadcast to bring you this announcement starting from the 17th of march channel 617 will be becoming a new home for western action cartoons and this new medium that will be hitting our shores called anime spread the word to your local schools the animation revolution will be televised and it has a name and it’s called
View attachment 823626
Elvis Seymour
@Otakuninja2006 @TheFaultsofAlts @TheBeanieBaron @panpiotr @OldNavy1988 what do you guys think of this new timeline that I am creating
Nice!

6 March 1996
View attachment 823626
Elvis Seymour
Interesting idea, will definitely follow it!

A few months later and the revolution is still televised
4 August 1996
It has been more then a few months since the toonami channel was launched and already due to it’s afternoon lineups it has been gaining a huge amount of popularity and I for one cannot be any happier for it and might I say that this upcoming thing about transforming sailor scouts might just be the highest rating show on the channel and the promo for it sure got my attention just take a listen to this
moltar-“We are very excited here at GPI first off we thank you a lot toonami faithful for giving us a lot of support throughout our first few bits of existing so much so that in anticipation of the upcoming release of turbo a power rangers movie next year we will be doing a giveaway of power rangers toys and secondly we will be getting a new show for the 7:30PM time slot where it’s about schoolgirls with superpowers vs the forces of evil sailor moon premieres 3 December 1996 at 7:30PM a merry early Christmas to you only toonami on channel 617.-“
Will be watching it now that I know what it‘s about.
Elvis Seymour

Schoolgirl hype hits the big time
28 September 1996
At 13:00 I went riding on my bike with a few friends of mine and during the session we got to talking about the toonami channel and what shows we liked on the channel and while a few of them said stuff like the real ghostbusters Sabrina the teenage witch the animated series (original idea) and teenage mutant ninja turtles one of our friends called Gracelyn Alfredson said that she was the most excited about sailor moon coming to the channel in December because from the previews she was drawn to sailor Jupiter because of her hairstyle and her legs among other things so yeah maybe good timing that sailor moon is having it’s premiere after November because I don’t think she can contain it.
Elvis Seymour

A game of elementary
30 August 1996
The weekend has come at last and that will mean for me 2 days of consistant toonami watching and that right now will be good because Sunday‘s gonna be Father’s Day and I have already prepared for my old man the ultimate present as during fan mail Friday last week I wrote in to the toonami channel asking them if they can start airing an animated series based on the character of Sherlock Holmes next year and when there was an ad break for he man and the masters of the universe at about lunch time the main got read out and this is what moltar had to say about it
moltar-“Looks like this big of fan mail that we have gotten comes from Elvis Seymour from Dover in Delaware to toonami moltar and everyone else at GPI i am 8 years old turning 9 in about April of next year and father’s day is about to come up for me and for my gift I decided to do something that might be considered a little bit unorthodox but could you air a Sherlock Holmes animated series that I read about in Nintendo power magazine that is being created by the production company Klasky Csupo and said to have someone called Guy Ritchie as an executice producer next year it would really mean a lot to me if you did this yours truely Elvis Seymour well then Elvis toonami at the moment is very much going to be accepting fan requests for shows and we shall certainly take your offer into consideration say hello to your father for us please.-“
And for you I most certainly will moltar my friend.
Elvis Seymour

The saiyans arrive
1 September 1996
Father’s day was pretty good as earlier today they gave a premiere date of the Sherlock Holmes animated series and it turns out that it will hit the toonami shores on 21 June 1997 which is a pretty good date on my opinion as it gives Guy Ritchie and folks at Klasky Csupo plenty of time to prepare for when that day comes and he even said happy father’s day to my dad as he was doing the standard promo bit then after an episode of samurai pizza cats went into it’s first commercial break I saw a promo come on for something that to be honest I might even consider warching at school take a listen
moltar-“Everyone’s heard of aliens right?,
but what about aliens that may look like humans like a lot of you toonami faithfuls but put them under a full moon and they transform into a donkey Kong like being these aliens are called saiyans and they will be coming for you dragon ball z premieres 28 June 1997 at 10:30AM only toonami.-“
blast
Consider me interested and invested at the same time
Elvis Seymour

Soon to be new year soon to be new toonami
14 December 1996
The last term of school for the year is about to end and I feel like I have opened a third eye when it comes to new stuff coming to toonami as it turns out that today I was reading in Nintendo power today that a new show will be coming to the network about next month or so and this show is called ronin warriors and seeing the promo of it a bit like what I have seen with dragon ball z I am interested in what it has to offer i mean take a listen to what moltar had to say about it even though it’s not a lot
moltar-“No assembly required about this one as it’s about the zodiac warriors vs the scum of the ummm you may have to decide the name of these vilains here for me zorak I have no idea what to make of these ronin warriors premieres 2 February 1997 at 11:00AM only toonami.-“
kids love it
might be a little bit too early but at least it’s airing at all.
Elvis Seymour

School’s out more toonami please
22 December 1996
The school year has now finally ended so that will mean for me that I finally get to take a break from the bullies (I get picked on a lot due to my autism) but I don’t really take this bullying to heart as for me the end of the school year also means 6 weeks of toonami watching left right and center and today it was very worth it as not only was it announced that a Christmas marathon of teenage mutant ninja turtles will take place but moltar also did this speech on bullying that really inspired to get back up again take a listen
moltar-”Alright listen up toonami faithful I know that the school year has ended for a lot of you guys and for some of you it means an escape from the bullies that you guys have been facing and we need to have a bit of a talk about those bullies sometimes these bullies can be very aggressive with you but that doesn’t mean that you should take these words to heart as those words most of the time don’t mean anything and I was visiting the Cartoon Network studios the other day for a look at the high noon toons set that was just built and I was speaking to Fred flintstone and he said that whenever he deals with bullies he always just gives them what for so take a page from Fred’s book and next time a bully is giving you grief give them what for but just don’t get into trouble with the principle.-“
very inspiring.
Elvis Seymour

Coconut cream maximals come to toonami
11 October 1996
Halloween is approaching fast so that means that school is pulling off all the stops to make sure that it looks as scary as possible but it doesn’t really affect me as I like most children my age find school to be terrifying by default and toonami definitely agrees on that notion as well as there was also a speech on the dark side of going to school which I won’t play on my tape recorder today due to not being in the mood but let‘s say it really inspired me to not go to school for a week because beats wars transformers is about to come hope to see it a lot on there
Elvis Seymour

The maximals get a premiere date
10 December 1996
Today at school was pretty rough for me as someone called Reg Farmer really gave me a good beating and I actually got sent over to the headmaster’s office for really defending for myself but doesn’t really matter right now as my parents both had the same mindset as me in that I was doing what I did in self defence and on top of that not only is toonami going to be doing a Christmas marathon but also when I came home and hit channel 715 moltar said this
moltar-“Be prepared for a change in the toonami schedule as we will be saying goodbye to the real adventures of Johnny quest and replacing it with a show that is the spiritual successor to the transformers animated series when the predacons who are the decendents of the decepticons come to an unknown planet for it’s energon it will be up to Optimus primal and his team of maximals to stop him now while this sounds like your typical Saturday morning cartoon block this show will be anything but conforming to the norm beast wars transformers premieres 23 April 1997 at 8:00PM only toonami.-”
kids love it
sigh me the heck up.
Elvis Seymour

New year new chapter
31 December 1996
The new year is almost here and I feel like I have opened up a third eye for when toonami will be doing special events for the channel as I read on the 26th that toonami was doing a special new year’s eve showcase of not just the new stuff that will be coming to the network next year but also a showcase of all of the animated music videos that aired on MTV this year which there has been a few good ones that have aired over the course of 1996 and it seems as though it’s about to start now so for this diary I shall wish you a happy new year.
Elvis Seymour

Anniversary news means a new toonami host is coming in 1998
24 March 1997
Laat week was the 1 year anniversary of toonami’s launch on to basic cable and I for one as a very loyal toonami faithful am very happy that it has lasted for as long as it has and it seems as though quite a few people at my school have now got cable just for toonami and just yesterday during a Thundercats marathon this bumper aired
moltar-”This Monday is the 1 year anniversary of toonami’s launch as a sister channel to Cartoon Network and I would have to say that traditionally we wouldn’t have made it this far and be cancelled within a week of operation but you really gave us the courage to continue on and on and for that we thank you but I personally can’t go on as host forever so I will sadly have to say that from 10 of July I will be stepping down as host of toonami and giving the position to someone that you will be meeting on the day of retirement but for now you still have me as host and now we must go over to robotech no assembly required.-“
Well good luck on your future outside of toonami endeavours moltar and thank you for the hosting duties such as game reviews promos and the like can’t wait for the new host.
Elvis Seymour

Meanwhile before the announcement of retirement
23 January 1997
5 days of experiencing a power outage later and the power comes back and that is good news for me as aside from toonami my other favourite channel to watch before the tourture of school comes back to me is Nickelodeon as I absolutely love the series Rugrats which is why I am excited for the Sherlock Holmes animated series coming to toonami in June as klassky Csupo are involved with that as well as being the creators of Rugrats and as I was watching it take a listen to this
Tommy Pickels hey umm guys have you heard the rumours?
Chucky What rumours?
Tommy Our home on Nickelodeon is getting an action block next year in order to compete with this new kid on the block called toonami which is a channel and it is coming to your screens next year.
Announcer That’s right Tommy and that action block is called Nick slam premieres sometime in 1998 only on Nickelodeon.
Wow this is really heating up.
Elvis Seymour

The excitement for the anniversary builds up
10 March 1997
Next week is the 1 year anniversary of toonami as a network and already it’s building itself up to be a pretty good network and home away from home for me and I for one am more then happy to see what they have planned for the anniversary of the network when I get home next week but yesterday there was this kind of speech that moltar did when people were writing in to toonami last week for fan mail Friday that all complained about the constant reruns that were airing on the network at the time
moltar-“It's time you and I had a talk about the facts of life. [...] Reruns suck, but there's no escape. [...] Welcome to the television business. [...] If anybody knows reruns, it's us. Not because we want to do it that way, but sometimes you have to. [...] You can't make a new cartoon every day. [...] So we're destined to fall behind and show one more than once. [...] We're sorry about that. I know you guys get burned sometimes. [...] Don't judge us too harshly. [...] I mean, after all, we're doing this for you. [...] Have no fear, plans are in place to ensure the future. [...] There's new cartoons on the horizon, and new stuff's flowing down the pipes. [...] 98’s gonna be a party. [...] Hang out.-“
So yeah that was a bit of a call out to you rerun rejectors get used to them.
Elvis Seymour

One more day
27 June 1997
The school holidays have officially begun and that will mean a lot of consistant toonami watching for two weeks and that for me is very good as it’s also the last day of toonami for broadcasting without dragon ball z as it arrives tomorrow and I for one cannot be anymore excited about that and before I go off and have dinner take a listen to this thing that I have found as promotion material for the toonami movie Friday thing that they are doing
moltar-”Only one more day before dragon ball z hits our shores and as a part of this fan mail Friday we got this very interesting bit of fan mail that we might just think is another request for a show to come on here i don’t know to toonami I know that I don’t often get in touch with you during the school terms but now that the holidays are here now might just be my chance I absolutely love this network and it’s ability to take fan requests into consideration so my request is could you air Batman the animated series from say next year please?
yours sincerely Remington King from Nashville Tennesse.
well we actually do have plans on doing a dc universe block and one of the very first shows on that block will be Batman the animated series so expect it to be a part of the toonami family from 15 September 1997 starting at 9:00PM and lasting until 11:59PM might be a bit late for you guys but we are experimenting with later programming.-“
Wow who knew might have to stay up late for that block.
Elvis Seymour

The mutants arrive
28 march 1997
The weekend is here and I feel like the weekend is going to be a good one for toonami as this weekend has back to back premieres and they are both marvel animated tv shows the first of these back to back premieres is the x men animated series premiering at lunch time tomorrow and the second of these is the spider man animated series that premieres Sunday at 12:30PM and I for one cannot be more excited for this to happen.
Elvis Seymour

Is it a bird is it a plane no it’s a game review
9 July 1997
These school holidays so far have been pretty good and so has this month on toonami and I for one am already happy that the month of July for toonami started off well and it just keeps getting better as take a listen to this little game review that moltar did for night into dreams yesterday
moltar-“There was a lot of sega saturn games last year and while I am sure that there will still be a lot this year one particular game that was sticking out to me was nights into dreams you play around as this character called Shante and the setting is a forrest that somehow you have to protect from a lot of diggers that want to destroy it for construction work on a hospital and there are a lot of things like that but it’s mostly an entertaining game to play when you are stuck at home due to ilnesss toonami gives nights into dreams 4 out of 5 not the best game in the world but pretty reliant on entertainment.-“
that was a pretty good review might even go ahead and buy the game myself when I go shopping with mom.
Elvis Seymour
please note I may have gotten some details about the plot wrong but that’s because I never played the game when it came out and wasn’t even born then

The gundams arrive
14 July 1997
The new term of school has regrettably started and as usual I came in with low expectations but not all of it is bad news as the teachers were happy enough to share with me a bit of entertainment news and that is not only is gundam wing coming to toonami on 7 January 1998 but also there is a cimematic reboot of the franchise the mummy staring the same guy that did George of the jungle coming out on 7 May 1999 and that is really exciting especially the gundam wing news and they even gave me a tape recording of the bumper that aired yesterday to promote gundam wing coming to toonami
moltar-“You guys really liked beast wars transformers airing on here you guys liked transformers G1 airing on here as well so here we are being good toonami channel mates of yours and bringing you another giant robot show mobile suit gundam wing premieres 7 January 1998 at 8:00PM only toonami on channel 715.-“
Shut up and take my money universal and toonami.
Elvis Seymour

Hulk smash on to the toonami network shores
26 October 1997
Halloween is just around the corner and toonami has promised that they would be doing a 24 hour halloween party and ok I am gonna admit I ain’t really excited for the 24 hour toonami halloween party as something happened at lunch time that I am the most excited for and i am gonna let moltar explain it
moltar-“Something big is coming to the toonami network and it ain’t the upcoming Halloween party in 5 days or even the 24 hour Christmas party that my friend skeletor and I have been planning for a while it’s big it‘s green and it’s angry very very angry the Incredible Hulk premieres 22 December 1997 at 8:30PM only toonami.-“
blast
count me in to the premiere.
Elvis Seymour