An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

Or use it as your standard bookmark alt history board like me :) First check if there's something new, if not other threads are a click away.

Qizilbash infantry advancing during the War of Wrath. Their forebears during the Eternal War would have looked similar, minus the socket ambrolars.

I just noticed this, and all I can say is,Wow. You're not only referencing LOTR, you've read, and are referencing, the goddamn Silmarillion.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
B444 just sharing ideas here. Would the vlachians even consider being part of the empire?

Besides them being the same alliance and same religion for quite sometime, There are already vlachians who are Romans. Also, since the vlachians otl called themselves Romanians wouldn't that also at least have influence in atl where they want to be part of Rhomania?

B444 just sharing ideas here. Would the vlachians even consider being part of the empire?

Besides them being the same alliance and same religion for quite sometime, There are already vlachians who are Romans. Also, since the vlachians otl called themselves Romanians wouldn't that also at least have influence in atl where they want to be part of Rhomania?

Vlachia is, while a damn near perpetual ally to Rome, it is strongly independent. And both Rome and Vlachia would like it to remain this way, why integrate a foreign people into an empire already suffering from demographic issues, not to mention that removes a very useful buffer and extends an already long frontier. Not a good move for anybody.

Replace Vlachians with French Canadians and Romans with Americans and you can see why that's a bad idea.

Could someone find the page that shows who has what colony? (east asia as well as the new world)

B444:

Will the Romans end up controlling parts of Indonesia and Malaysia as well as the otl Philippines?

Just how French has the English language become with the additional years of England effectively being ruled from France?

It seems Basileus is busy with Real Life. He hasn't been on AH.com for over three weeks.
I'm not talking about that, he did the same thing last summer. What I'm talking about is that, even pre-june, there were just far less comments than for an equivalent period on the old thread. It's not a good sign when me, of all people, is #I in posts.

I wouldn't worry. When Basileus and updates come back, people will come back.

There isn't much point in rehashing old updates anyway. I check this thread everyday, but there isn't much to talk about right now.

I would not worry to much about the amount of postings at this point.
as for the French coming into English, remember that Gaelic is there as a third equal language added to the mix.

So TTL English probably has a lot more French influence, along with at least some Gaelic thrown into the mix. I am in no way a linguist, but that sounds like a pretty interesting mix considering there are three linguistic families adding ingredients to the pot.

I wouldn't worry. When Basileus and updates come back, people will come back.

There isn't much point in rehashing old updates anyway. I check this thread everyday, but there isn't much to talk about right now.

Same with me.

Like most I check the thread every day to see if it's been updated, so I'd not be too worried.

Uhhh...
Why?
Do you guys not know that there is a subscribe feature that will let you know when any new post has been made in the thread?

So TTL English probably has a lot more French influence, along with at least some Gaelic thrown into the mix. I am in no way a linguist, but that sounds like a pretty interesting mix considering there are three linguistic families adding ingredients to the pot.
I suspect words like "baragouiner" (French, from the breton words for Bread and Wine) will become increasingly common in Triune languages.
Shouldn't ther be some way for the Arles monarchy to marry large feudal lords in the Triple Monarchy? These lands could then be traded to enlarge their kingdom towards the Loire. Of course, it depends on if there are any left - in France IOTL they mostly went extinct in the 1480s because of the Spider King, so I'd say the probability is quite low, but who knows? (Basileus aside)