Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Why reunite Arizona and New Mexico?
IMG_1437.jpeg

Tim Richmond Racing.png

Tim Richmond remains alive and healthy ITTL he scores Hendrick their first Championship in 1990, he remains with the team until 1995 when he leaves after buying Leo Jackson Motorsports to form Tim Richmond Racing; He has some success as an Owner Driver but ultimately coming short of another championship before his retirement from active driving in 2005. Richmond found success as an owner with drivers Chris Trickle and Jason Leffler but not enough to kept the teams doors open finally ceasing operations in 2013.

Last edited:
nikaderby.png

The Nika Derby is widely considered the Greatest Football Rivalry in the World, indeed preceding the invention of the sport itself. Both teams play their home games in the Neo-Hippodrome, but represent wildly different supporters groups.

The blue clad Constantinople Athletic is traditionally associated with the Upper Class, the Monarchy, and the Church. Despite numerous attempts by Patriarchs to stop the practice, sacred icons are still known to disappear from shrines and appear among supporters of Athletic. However Athletic is, somewhat awkwardly, also the team most associated with non-Greek elements in the Capitol, be they Christian or Muslim.

Golden Horn FC enjoys support obviously from those living near the Golden Horn, but also from the more working class areas of the City. Supporters have generally aligned themselves with more radical movements, and the supporters section has been called "the birthplace of Romanian Republicanism." Golden Horn also has a tendency towards Hellenic supremacy, and fans have been accused of racism with regularity.

The teams meet twice every season, save a brief period when Golden Horn was relegated in the 1930s, and often face each other in the Roman Cup as well as well European competition. Violence whenever they face each other is a given. In 2022 12 people died, which the City Prefect called "a fantastic display of progress towards deescalation." Forfeitures are not uncommon, either as a result of crowd interference or player misconduct. Matthaios Rokas, beaten to death by a mob of Golden Horn fans in 2011, was the last player to directly cross the line. The rivalry is further fueled by the dominance of both teams over the league, with the 1999 Chalcedon FC squad being the last team outside the capital to win the league, while the last team outside the derby was Quintum Square in 2008.

Fans have been known to unite on certain issues. Although tensions between club players has caused grief for the National team in the past, both sides of the derby support the nation fanatically. When Earthquake relief funds raised by the clubs was revealed to be being embezzled, blues and greens united to sack the Sporting Logothete and install new leadership.

Did you know that, according to its constitution, Tuvalu retains the right to territorial waters and internet domain even if its surface is completely submerged under water?
upGjMZB.png

Last edited:
Did you know that, according to its constitution, Tuvalu retains the right to territorial waters and internet domain even if its surface is completely submerged under water?
mWX90Lr.png
"Do I really want to know what happened during the SmartState™ which led to a Pacific Union humanitarian intervention? Hm, on further reflection, maybe not."

upGjMZB.png
"ZeroDivisionError/km^2" is hilarious but I think "N/A" or something along those lines would be more accurate for a proper wikibox

Colorado & Missouri
Alaska
Florida

Next up, Connecticut!

y5P88sw.png

You might argue that I overdid the number of Portuguese American clubs, but two of the three are real. Bridgeport Vasco da Gama was founded in the 1940s, and Danbury Lusitania is a version of the OTL Danbury United, founded by the Portuguese Cultural Center there. The only one I completely made up is Espirito Santo and there is still a Portuguese cultural society in that area so I drew on that.

Ansonia 1885 is a revival of the club Ansonia FC, whose original incarnation was founded in 1885 and as far as I can tell lasting into like the 20s, and as far as I could find one of the earliest Connecticut clubs to compete in a competitive association joining the AFA and American Cup in 1887 during its first expansion beyond New York and New Jersey.

Hubbard Heights SC's stadium is of course named Stamford Bridge for its location on Bridge Street in Stamford (I've decided it's around OTL Scalzi Park), and definitely for no other reason.