Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

George-Alexander

Gone Fishin'
Teaser Seven For Stars and Stripes Forever
(A Sequel to Union Made of Iron)

Al Capone.jpg

One Week To Go

KyokuFULL2.png

Bigger, better, harder, cooler
has some of the same content as the last post but I added more stuff to be less confusing and also new information! this has been my baby project this month and has made me happy to see flourish and people liking it

KyokuFULL2.png

has some of the same content as the last post but I added more stuff to be less confusing and also new information! this has been my baby project this month and has made me happy to see flourish and people liking it
Great masterpiece of work!

I would imagine if Japanese settlements expands southwards which then being annexed by Russian-American Company before the United Kingdom/Canada would annex the alt-Kyoku, instead of the United States.

Great masterpiece of work!

I would imagine if Japanese settlements expands southwards which then being annexed by Russian-American Company before the United Kingdom/Canada would annex the alt-Kyoku, instead of the United States.
The RAC really only owned Kyoku in name as Russia didn't do much other than build a few forts and just claim things and go on weird ventures to places like Hawaii or California. The only reason why the British Empire didn't really push into Kyoku was the focus on the United States and a lack of interest, which many in hindsight find as a mistake as now Canada doesn't really have access to the Pacific.

In an hypothetical Canadian Kyoku I'd feel like it wouldn't change a whole lot other than some cultural differences between American and Canada, but doing my own research I did discover that Canada also had internment camps for the Japanese and tensions where high in the 1940s.

In an hypothetical Canadian Kyoku I'd feel like it wouldn't change a whole lot other than some cultural differences between American and Canada, but doing my own research I did discover that Canada also had internment camps for the Japanese and tensions where high in the 1940s.
In the following postwar years, is alt-Canadian Kyoku might follow Quebec's footsteps in terms of cultural awakening?

Did you know that, according to its constitution, Tuvalu retains the right to territorial waters and internet domain even if its surface is completely submerged under water?
upGjMZB.png
What's the Asimov ratio?

Self-driving settings is genial, I suppose each country has its own ethical discourse on how to solve with ethical dilemmas self-driving cars meet in difficult situations?

Womb TLD has something to do with artificial wombs?

Last edited:
Not proud of the seal, lmk if you have a software/ platform suggestion to use if I don't have PS. Also lmk if I missed/ changed something information wise.

UoG_Infobox.png

Last edited:
What's the Asimov ratio?
It's kind of a level of prejudice against synthetes.
Self-driving settings is genial, I suppose each country has its own ethical discourse on how to solve with ethical dilemmas self-driving cars meet in difficult situations?
Yeah, the most common ones are Saving More Lives and Protecting Passengers.
what in the name of christ is a womb
Just a virtual reality network connected directly to the brain. Which will one day destroy humanity, of course.

I'm wondering why there isn't any Orthodox Christian population if there was Russian settlement?

I'm wondering why there isn't any Orthodox Christian population if there was Russian settlement?
It's not a majority, as well as Russian influence in Kyoku was so minuscule that it's a blink and you miss it moment in history. There are only really 4 towns that have a somewhat sizable russian population don't really have a strong tradition of it, remember Russia only really built forts and only ruled Kyoku on paper and name only.

I haven't written a US election wikibox in a long time, but I remembered an old TL I made ages ago but never posted anything from. I call it: Wallace in a Close Shave.

The battle for the 1972 Democratic presidential nomination was one of the most aggressive and contentious ones for the party since the Civil War. Senior figures like Hubert Humphrey, radical liberals like George McGovern and Shirley Chisholm and more moderate ones like Henry M. ‘Scoop’ Jackson all threw their hats into the ring, hoping to take on President Nixon in November. But to everyone’s surprise, the figure to win over the most primary voters was ironically a man who had run a separate ticket of his own four years prior, Alabama Governor George Wallace. Winning significant numbers of delegates in Southern and Northern states alike, and in spite of the vocal opposition of liberals, Wallace was able to clinch the nomination, picking as his running mate Senator Thomas Eagleton of Missouri, secretly by way of thanks for his successful labeling of McGovern as ‘the candidate of amnesty, abortion and acid’.

Knowing this, liberal Democrats denounced Wallace wholeheartedly, with McGovern forming an independent ticket with senior Senator Claiborne Pell of Rhode Island. While the independent ticket seemed bizarre, a lot of liberal voters who might otherwise have sat out the election flocked to it. The ticket proved to have far more of a no-holes barred approach to it than either of the major party tickets, as shown when McGovern famously responded to a journalist who asked him if he was worried that his independent campaign would ruin his Senate career by saying, “Yes, but the prospects of President Wallace or four more years of Nixon worry me more.”

With Democratic infighting already intense- the press were nicknaming it ‘a Democratic 1912’ not long after the split- any remaining chance Wallace had of overcoming Nixon was snuffed out when it was revealed Eagleton had been subject to electroshock therapy for depression and could potentially relapse, forcing Wallace to drop him from the ticket and replacing him with Kentucky Senator Happy Chandler. Despite the interest the ordeal built up, the ultimate result of the 1972 election was a foregone conclusion.

Wallace In A Close Shave 1.png

On Election Day, Nixon won a landslide with 412 electoral votes and 56.1% of the national popular vote; 91 electoral votes and 29.2% of the vote went to Wallace, overwhelmingly from the South, and 35 electoral votes and 14.2% of the vote were won by McGovern, who managed to stymie Wallace’s chances in most of the swing states by eating away at the liberal Democratic vote and snagged a handful of liberal states and his home state of South Dakota. In that sense, McGovern had succeeded in showing that a conservative Democrat could not simply abandon the liberals and win the Presidency on his own in a way the breakaway segregationists who had predicated Wallace’s politics had previously tried to.

George-Alexander

Gone Fishin'
One day, a Spiderman story/timeline/whatever is on the card's
For now, i threw this together

Peter Parker.jpg

(One day, i will do more with What i am going to label: Earth 2599.​