Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Vanguards in the Islands of Liberty and Paradise
sL0x8ub.png

Alternate movies
Grown Ups (with Chris Farley) (you are here)

Here's an infobox from where Chris Farley survived his drug overdose in 1997 and continued on making and being in movies.

Grown Ups Infobox.png

Grown Ups is a 2010 American comedy film directed by Dennis Dugan and written by Adam Sandler and Fred Wolf. It stars Sandler and the four other Saturday Night Live "Bad Boys", Chris Farley, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. The film tells a story of five lifelong friends who won their middle school basketball championship in 1978. They reunite three decades later for a 4th of July weekend after learning about the sudden death of their basketball coach.

Grown Ups was produced by Sandler's production company Happy Madison Productions and was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Sandler, Farley, Rock, Schneider and Spade all joined the cast of Saturday Night Live in the 1990–1991 season; supporting cast including Colin Quinn, Maya Rudolph, Tim Meadows, and Norm Macdonald have also been SNL cast members.

Although the film was poorly received by critics, audiences had a more favorable opinion of the film, with many expressing nostalgia due to the coming together of the SNL Bad Boys, it grossed $271 million and led to a two sequel, Grown Ups 2 (2013) and Grown Ups 3 (2016).

Sorry if the infobox is "bare-bones", guys. I don't have Photoshop so I can't past Chris Farley's head onto Kevin James' body on the poster or put his name in. I also don't know how to put images into infoboxes that were not originally on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Guess Ya' missed the big NO CURRENT POLITICS in the actual TITLE of the thread.

NEVER even approach this level of "stuff it" again.

See? The big banner on the thread doesn't help at all. Therefore it's time to take the eyesore off.

Last edited:
I think the current politics problem could be solved by having an After 2000 board for all modern day timelines/threads.

The problem with having it in the chat board is that it gets buried in the avalanche of discussion threads about current events.

I think the current politics problem could be solved by having an After 2000 board for all modern day timelines/threads.

The problem with having it in the chat board is that it gets buried in the avalanche of discussion threads about current events.
What about my post, does that count as current politics? Even if I blacked out names?
All I’m doing is trying to play it safe as much as I can.

Last edited:

Or we could just not have the rule....

What about my post, does that count as current politics? Even if I blacked out names?
All I’m doing is trying to play it safe as much as I can.
I think yours is fine seeing as the POD is far enough back. I think the general rule of thumb is don't post anything set during or after the last election of whatever country, organisation, or whatever they currently involved in

Or we could just not have the rule....
The rule exists because a lot of current politics is very charged for people and the mods do not want to deal with every other thread devolving into shouting, flaming and the like or mass kickings. There's enough of that in Chat and occasionally in other threads

The rule exists because a lot of current politics is very charged for people and the mods do not want to deal with every other thread devolving into shouting, flaming and the like or mass kickings. There's enough of that in Chat and occasionally in other threads
I think it is a lazy and useless rule considering 90% of content that counts as current politics in threads like this one and the presidents list don't generate any discussion at all. And when they do it's technical stuff like "nice map" and "how did you get that link in the infobox." The other 10% gets drowned out after a few pages by the continued posting of content, because that's how these thread works. The rule's primary effect has turned out to reduce the posting of content overall.

I think yours is fine seeing as the POD is far enough back. I think the general rule of thumb is don't post anything set during or after the last election of whatever country, organisation, or whatever they currently involved in

I agree with the rule. I just think timelines focused on current politics get buried by the general discussion threads. I’m proposing that there should be a board for these kinda timelines while actual generic discussion threads stay in chat. If you disagree with a political premise of a timeline, that discussion could be had in chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.