Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes IV (Do not post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they say Gonzo is the dystopian one.

F**k no, I'm nowhere near that bad. I really can't stand Oliver at all anymore, I've never even attempted to watch Noah - I doubt I'd like him either. I'd agree with sp00ky on his (Oliver's) time on the DS; then again I was still a liberal conservative then.

F**k no, I'm nowhere near that bad. I really can't stand Oliver at all anymore, I've never even attempted to watch Noah - I doubt I'd like him either. I'd agree with sp00ky on his (Oliver's) time on the DS; then again I was still a liberal conservative then.
I remember when Trevor Noah was actually funny.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
See I actually like Noah, but I can't stand Oliver. I'm not sure why, but I think it's mainly because every time Oliver talks about British Politics I'm reminded he hasn't lived here in a decade.

EDIT: Anyone got any thoughts on Obama/Paul, btw? Just I'll be moving onto one of the bigger boxes, and I was hoping someone could stroke me ego give me pointers.

EDIT: Anyone got any thoughts on Obama/Paul, btw? Just I'll be moving onto one of the bigger boxes, and I was hoping someone could stroke me ego give me pointers.

Seriously give up on the US boxes, they're nothing special in the grand scheme of things. I liked it a lot, how ever did you come up with such an... idea... Interesting 3rd party ticket as well.

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Seriously give up on the US boxes, they're nothing special in the grand scheme of things. I liked it a lot, how ever did you come up with such an... idea... Interesting 3rd party ticket as well.
I'm doing Alec Douglas-Home stuff next I was going to go with Sanders, thought that'd be a bit overdone, and decided to go for the most 80's/90's thing I could think of. Blankfein jumped out because he was in the news the day I made that box.

Whilst Britain in ABT is trapped in the 70's, America, it seems, is trapped in the decades following.

Whilst Britain in ABT is trapped in the 70's, America, it seems, is trapped in the decades following.

Well I mean I'm not complaining there *Makes a gesture for more people to look at BBTL* Does this mean that the an NI party could have more seats that the Liberal [Democrats] Party? *Nearly did it in 2015*

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
Well I mean I'm not complaining there *Makes a gesture for more people to look at BBTL* Does this mean that the an NI party could have more seats that the Liberal [Democrats] Party? *Nearly did it in 2015*
I mean

you'll have to wait and see

The d double-u p can only get bigger and the alliance smaller

I'm so, so sorry, but, either way...

Alternate History.com, forgive me!

----

DISCLAIMER: Chargeman Ken! belongs to Knack Productions.

Assassination of Dr. Volga

u6DDNuE.png

uWnVQ.png

Dr. Friedrich Volga (in the middle) minutes before his death.

Friedrich Volga, one of the most famous West German scientists and the architect who designed the Tokyo Bay Industrial City, was assassinated on May 14, 2074, during his Space Station Hall scientific conference. During the conference, "Chargeman" Ken Izumi, future veteran of the Juralian War, entered and proclaimed that Dr. Volga was a Jural, causing everyone else present in the Hall to laugh. Ken Izumi then "transformed" into Chargeman Ken, dragged Dr. Volga to his Skyrod and flew away. According to the director of construction and one of the leading Japanese scientists, Prof. Yoshizaka, Ken Izumi dropped Volga's body in mid-air on an oncoming Juralian spaceship, causing it to explode.

zjQp5.png

A photograph of Chargeman Ken at the time.

According to Ken Izumi himself, Dr. Volga was, in fact, murdered earlier by Jurals and "reconstructed" into a "human robot" containing a bomb that would explode in 30 minutes. The assassination of Dr. Volga was not investigated, one of the factors allowing for such being "Chargeman" Ken's sheer popularity, as he was, perhaps, single-handedly responsible for the defeat of the Juralian invasion. However, it resurfaced again in 2092, when it was brought up by notable opposition members, human as well as Jural; the Juralian population did not want Ken Izumi, whom they despised for slaughtering thousands of their kind, to remain Prime Minister of Japan. Of course, the feeling was mutual, as Prime Minister Ken Izumi, of the Japanese People's Party (formerly the Party for Japanese Kokoro until 2066) was notable for his populist approach and barely-masked hatred for the Juralian race, which came to "share Earth with humanity" due to the destruction of their original homeworld and death of their dictator, Maou-sama.

The resurfacing of Dr. Volga's death, as well as corruption charges, sexual scandals and criticism of Ken Izumi's actions during the Juralian War, were the main factors in the Japanese political crisis of 2092, which resulted in the impeachment of Prime Minister Izumi and his "fall from grace" in the view of the Japanese public.

And a follow-up:

6JyUNyJ.png

...I wish Wikimedia Commons could allow for screenshots.

Please ignore the 2010 in the brackets for the Juralian Republic's population.

Last edited:
Brewster's Millions

Part One:
The Miracle Of Manhattan

NYC.PNG

Minor League Baseball player and heir, Monty Brewster, was an unlikely man and an unlikely candidate.

But this is New York City, and as they say, anything can happen here.

When Brewster inherited a fortune from his recently deceased uncle, he also inherited an eccentric bargain. If Brewster were to inherit his Uncle's entire 300 million dollar fortune, Brewster would be forced to spend exactly 30 million within 30 days. Not an easy task given that he cannot own any assets by the end of the month, nor can he run off and throw away the money.

His idea -- start a political campaign for "None Of The Above".

In a dirty and confrontational campaign, that even led to lawsuits by the other two competing candidates, None Of The Above was expected to lose out narrowly to incumbent Mayor Koch, and win or lose, Monty Brewster was expected to run off with his new 300 million fortune and retire to some tropical island or cabin in the mountains.

Brewster got more than he bargained for...

Full Results:

✓ Monty Brewster - 34%

Ed Koch [D] - 34%
Rudy Giuliani [R] - 21%
None Of The Above - 11%

Brewster's Millions

Part Two:
The Birth of Liberty

IMG_0328.JPG

The election that was heard around America sent shockwaves through the political establishment, the American public and Mayor-elect Monty Brewster himself. The bet was lost, but a new chapter in his life, and in the history of the United States was about to begin.

Inadvertently, Brewster had created his own political movement, that was rapidly growing beyond himself. The "None Of The Above" movement needed a new face, and so in January of 1986, Mayor Brewster established the Independence Party of America, and the Independent National Committee (INC) in Washington D.C, led by lawyer and now political activist Angela Drake.

The new party was to be a centrist, big tent party for all those who opposed the two-party establishment, and would be platform for candidates running in future elections. It quickly recieved endorsements by the likes of New York Businessman Donald Trump, Texan Ross Perot, several congressman and even by Burlington Mayor Bernie Sanders.

It's first objective would be to field candidates for the 1986 midterms, and then mount a candidacy in the 1988 elections. Monty Brewster was reluctant to mount a run for the Presidency, but the popular Mayor was open to a draft...

Challenge: Make your Mayor President

After Vladimir Putin's sudden death in 2023, the Russian ruling elite and Russian politics as a whole were... frantic. While many pundits said that Navalny would win, the presidency was secured by an unexpected candidate...
vEZqnqA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.