Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
3iUFLkI.png

The last time a general election wasn't held alongside a presidential election in the United States. Roosevelt's Progressives lost hundreds of seats after the Republicans broke from the coalition, but continued to hold the House. However, more trouble was on the horizon, and Roosevelt proved just what they needed for the times ahead...

The British successfully implement Home Rule in Ireland in the 19th century, which results in Ireland staying a part of the United Kingdom.

ireland.png

ireland.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
The British successfully implement Home Rule in Ireland in the 19th century, which results in Ireland staying a part of the United Kingdom.

Well made, but--like much of the American media keeps having to be reminded, according to Irish people I have spoken to - the Taoiseach's first name is Enda, not Edna. (Unless, of course, this is an ATL where the office is held by a female relative of his ;) )

Has there ever been a timeline where home rule is implemented successfully, and Ireland leaves anyway, which let's face it is probably the most likely scenario?

Has there ever been a timeline where home rule is implemented successfully, and Ireland leaves anyway, which let's face it is probably the most likely scenario?

Well, at least Gladstone would be happy. If Ireland leaving the union was inevitable, then let's make sure it happened under the most amicable of circumstances.

<snip>
The last time a general election wasn't held alongside a presidential election in the United States. Roosevelt's Progressives lost hundreds of seats after the Republicans broke from the coalition, but continued to hold the House. However, more trouble was on the horizon, and Roosevelt proved just what they needed for the times ahead...

These numbers are frankly insane.

6,000 seats in the House?! Even AJND's solar system-spanning US with 3 billion people has "only" around 3,300 House members.

100% turnout isn't even secured in countries like Australia with mandatory voting (the highest they've recorded apparently was around 96%). A 1910 US with a voting pool of 130 million people (compared to OTL 1910's population of 92 million) is also nuts since even adding OTL Canada & Mexico wouldn't even get the total amount of people you have voting.

Also, for some reason you have the MM/DD format in the election date up top but use the DD/MM format (with a comma separating the month and year, which isn't actually used in the DD/MM/YYYY format). If you want to change it to DD/MM you have to enter "|df=yes" after "Start date" in {{Start date|YYYY|MM|DD}}.

You also have Debs with more popular votes than Taft despite Taft being said to have won a higher percent of the vote.

And again, you should probably change the font you're using for these. The letter spacing is all messed up (ex.- it almost looks like "Woodow W'lson" was the Democratic leader because the "r" and "i" are so close to the "d" and "l" in his name).

mBrFLLb.png

The celebrated, albeit reclusive, Dr. Tomas Andersson is the Imperial Nordic Court Historian since the retirement of Jørgen Erhard Mårtenssen effective on New Year's Eve 2004. Prior to his appointment, he was well-known for his study on Swedish colonial "empire" in the West Indies (Se Västerut!, 1999) and his psephological study of the Unionsting Election of 1999, co-authored with Axel Rickardsson, published in 2000. Since then he has focused mainly on Liberty Era and Gustavian Era Sweden, of which his 2010 book Fanderseländet probably is the best received. He is currently working on a book covering the time between the death of Gustav III in 1820 and the signing of the Treaty of Kalmar in 1863. Dutch conspiracy theorist Wilbert van der Weyden is known for blaming Dr. Andersson for his being banned from accessing much of the extensive historical library of the Nordic Imperial Realm Archive in 2008.

Thande

Donor
The celebrated, albeit reclusive, Dr. Tomas Andersson is the Imperial Nordic Court Historian since the retirement of Jørgen Erhard Mårtenssen effective on New Year's Eve 2004. Prior to his appointment, he was well-known for his study on Swedish colonial "empire" in the West Indies (Se Västerut!, 1999) and his psephological study of the Unionsting Election of 1999, co-authored with Axel Rickardsson, published in 2000. Since then he has focused mainly on Liberty Era and Gustavian Era Sweden, of which his 2010 book Fanderseländet probably is the best received. He is currently working on a book covering the time between the death of Gustav III in 1820 and the signing of the Treaty of Kalmar in 1863. Dutch conspiracy theorist Wilbert van der Weyden is known for blaming Dr. Andersson for his being banned from accessing much of the extensive historical library of the Nordic Imperial Realm Archive in 2008.
Hah. Apparently the Imperial Chancery has the same attitude to me as the European Commission does to old buildings :p

Well made, but--like much of the American media keeps having to be reminded, according to Irish people I have spoken to - the Taoiseach's first name is Enda, not Edna. (Unless, of course, this is an ATL where the office is held by a female relative of his ;) )
Wikipedia seemed to think it was correct... >_>

Well, I couldn't come up with a place that really was to the Social Democrats what Doncaster is to Labour, so I did the lazy thing and just went for the place in Sweden where the Social Democrats are the strongest.

While Smedjebacken probably is a very Doncastery place from what I've heard of the latter, I imagine the Social Democrats will be very close to being bumped to 2nd place by The Party That Shall Not Be Named in 2018 if the polls hold up (and I see little to suggest that happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.