Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes II

Status
Not open for further replies.
my new wikibox

1916.png

1916.png

The best baseball player in Confederate history, Ty Cobb was the nightmare for Dixie pitchers throughout his career and is perhaps the greatest batter in baseball history. Sadly, Cobb retired nearly two decades before Confederate players were allowed to play in Major League Baseball and so he had to play in the Confederate League, meaning he rarely went up against pitchers of major-league quality.

Cobb's utter dominance (including a career .425 batting average, 4,863 career hits, 2,500 runs batted in and almost 3,000 runs) over southern pitching has long led him to be considered the greatest player to never play in Major League Baseball and many a baseball fan has wondered "What if the 'Georgia Peach' had been able to suit up for the Yankees, Tigers or Red Sox?"

So the Confederate League basically the same as the Negro Leagues?

So the Confederate League basically the same as the Negro Leagues?

Not really. The Confederate League's relationship with MLB was similar to what NPB (Japan's top league) had before the advent of the posting system: basically an informal agreement kept Confederate players in the south (but usually not vice-versa since the South, like OTL, wasn't known for producing lots of MLB-quality players in the early 1900s) and prevented them from signing with major league teams.

Four For Gore

A bit of a spoiler in the sense that, y'know, Kathleen Sebelius doesn't die in office, but here's the Supreme Court of the United States as of Inauguration Day 2021.

Interesting that Roberts got to be Chief Justice ITTL too, though the bench seems to have a more leftist tilt compared to OTL.

So I was doing some writing, about a thing (that might or might not be GML related), and it came to a point where somebody needed to have an mp3 player. But obviously it wouldn't be called an 'iPod' or something, so Gryphon and I kicked around some ideas, and he came up with a clever name, based on file-extension naming. And because this is the kind of thing we do instead of writing, here you go:

File (Gryphon)
4bbOQ1H.png

Concept 1 (Gryphon)
pKBQ4iO.png

Concept 2 (Me)
RTag2a1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.