Alternate List of Billboard #1 Hits: Katarn Edition

Before the mods read the next line, please take note that I do not agree with it and am merely referencing it.

"Kenny G, he's a stupid looking guy. He plays his goddamn saxophone, it makes me want to die" - TiTS (Todd in the Shadows)

So this is for Todd, in case he somehow knows about this thread...

August 8th, 1987; "Songbird" - Kenny G
August 15th, 1987: "Songbird" - Kenny G
Not enough dogs.

September 5th, 1987 - "Only in my Dreams" by Debbie Gibson
September 12th, 1987 - "Work Me Down" by The Omega Girls (OTL Song by Laura Hunter)

September 19th, 1987 - "Jive Talkin" - Boogie Box High
September 26th, 1987 - "Jive Talkin" - Boogie Box High

Boogie Box High is an English band founded by George Michael and his childhood friend Andros Giorgiou (ITTL, Wham! never forms as a band). This record would spend 8 weeks on top of the UK charts during the summer of 1987.

October 3rd, 1987: "Don't Be Cruel" - Cheap Trick
October 10th, 1987: "Don't Be Cruel" - Cheap Trick

Last edited:
October 21st, 1987: "Don't Be Cruel" - Cheap Trick
October 28th, 1987: "Don't Be Cruel" - Cheap Trick

I actually saw Cheap Trick live last year. They were awesome, and I now own several of Rick Nielsen's guitar picks (which he threw into the crowd).

Event:
On November 20th, 1987, AMN airs a "documentary" entitled Clapton Sightings, in which people from across the United States are interviewed claiming to have seen Eric Clapton in the decade after his death, interspersed with supposed clips of Clapton playing guitar. In reality, the film was completely fake, the creation of actor Stephen Tobolowsky, and the shots of "Clapton" (never seen above the chest) were actually of Tobolowsky's friend Steve Vaughan, brother of Fabulous Thunderbirds guitarist Jimmie Vaughan. Despite this, the program was a huge hit, drawing an audience of 1.3 million (an unheard number for an original cable program), and receiving numerous copycats about other dead celebrities like Frank Sinatra and Johnny Cash.

November 21, 1987: "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany
November 28, 1987: "I Think We're Alone Now" by Tiffany
Event:
Non-Music: The National Football League has added 4 new teams to a total of 32 as the Baltimore Bombers (in which the city of Baltimore got the NFL back after the Colts Relocate to Indianapolis IOTL), Jacksonville Jaguars, Memphis Southmen and the Phoenix Firebirds in which the league will start playing in 1989.
Music: The Omega Girls are still in the Billboard Charts at #9 with "So Emotional" (OTL Song by Whitney Houston)

December 12th, 1987: "I Think We're Alone Now" - Tiffany
December 19th, 1987: "I Think We're Alone Now" Tiffany

I'd actually planned on running with this one a while ago, but forgot about it until now.

December 26th, 1987: "In Heaven There Is No Beer" - Frank Yankovic and the Yanks
January 2nd, 1988: "Charlie Mack (The First out the Limo)" - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

January 23rd, 1988: "Shake Your Love" by Debbie Gibson
January 30th, 1988: "Forever Live And Die" by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

February 6th, 1988: "Forever Live And Die" - Orchestral Manoeuvres In the Dark
February 13th, 1988: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" - Marianne Faithfull [1]

[1] This song was originally written in 1933, believe it or not. And the 80's IOTL were already a time when a lot of 60's artists made big comebacks, so here we get one that most people have forgotten about.

February 20th, 1988: "The Cult of Personality" - Living Colour[1]
February 27th, 1988: "The Cult of Personality" - Living Colour

[1] The reference to "Kennedy" is replaced by "Yorty" ITTL.

@stratonascar and @Katarn, you two a day off, apparently.

April 2nd, 1988: "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley
April 9th, 1988: "Cool Water" - Joni Mitchell and Willie Nelson [1]

[1] Because I'm apparently on a kick of veteran female singer-songwriters covering things from the 30's.