Alternate History Combat Aircraft

View attachment 878213
I give you the Hughes Aircraft HF-5 Hound Dog that will make its first appearance in my paths TL in the up coming chapter. Engine is based upon the OTL German DB-605, it is armed with four 0.8 caliber superheavy machine guns (20mm) in the wings and two .5 caliber Machineguns firing though the prop.
I did something similar a while back figuring the US wouldn't get any Rolls Royce engines in TL-191.
Nicely done.

Amen. Newbie here. 1st post. Where can I find the house rules? I see a couple of people got strike-thrus and BANNED on their names and I don't want to step on a landmine on day one. Any help is appreciated.

Amen. Newbie here. 1st post. Where can I find the house rules? I see a couple of people got strike-thrus and BANNED on their names and I don't want to step on a landmine on day one. Any help is appreciated.
Welcome and see the first post , when it comes to bans most of them got it in the Pol chat

THANKS ALL!!! I'll try to stick around for the long haul! Meanwhile, if Y'All don't mind I would like to add some aircraft ideas of my own here - WARNING: They are NOT polished, and I am NOWHERE as talented as most of you-I am an old Fart and use Paint to create and just draw.

I converted one to JPG to post. Hope you are OK with it.

D.O.M.'s Do 12B for Alt History Forum.jpg
D.O.M.'s Do 12D for Alt History Forum.jpg
D.O.M.'s Do 12F for Alt History Forum.jpg

Last edited:
THANKS ALL!!! I'll try to stick around for the long haul! Meanwhile, if Y'All don't mind I would like to add some aircraft ideas of my own here - WARNING: They are NOT polished, and I am NOWHERE as talented as most of you-I am an old Fart and use Paint to create and just draw.

View attachment 879593
Interesting and btw I use paint as well but for the love of all that is holy avoid jpg!

Pangur

Donor

View attachment 879602View attachment 879603View attachment 879604

Here is another (server won't let me post them all together-too large)

View attachment 879605View attachment 879606View attachment 879607
Nice! One query, why arm one the way you did?

View attachment 879602View attachment 879603View attachment 879604
Here is another (server won't let me post them all together-too large)

View attachment 879605View attachment 879606View attachment 879607
Very cool. I'm an old fart myself as well but most of the others here are young punks. :biggrin:

It looks like you make your pics from scratch which I find impressive, my pics are all sections from different pics pasted together.
I did make an alt-tank once almost from scratch but I had to paste the tracks, wheels and suspenion from a another pic onto it.

Looking forward to more of your work and Uruk is correct, PNG is better than JPEG, most of my early pics are JPEG and I wish they weren't.

I like BMP but I can change the formats easy enough. Not crazy about Jpg or Jpeg but some places won't handle BMP so I just go with the flow, I'll stick with PNG from now on. (and make my files smaller so the server doesn't have a fit :))