Kawasaki Ki-66.png

Piaggio P-190 Tornado
Piaggio_P-190.gif

Powerplant:
2 × Junkers Jumo 004B1 axial-flowturbojet engine 8.8 kN (1,980 lbf) thrust
Piaggio p-190 Tornado
Top speed:
751.5 km/h (467.0 mph, 405.8 kn) at sea level
Range: 615 km (382 mi, 332 nmi) at 9,010 m (29,560 ft)
Service ceiling: 11,400 m (37,390 ft)
Armament: 4 × 12.7 mm (.5 in) Breda MG's

Entering service in mid 1944 the Tornado was another case of too little too late although Italian pilots made several claims against first rate Allied fighters like late model Spitfires and P-51 Mustangs, none could be verified in the chaos of the last days of Mussolini's Italy.

Zemesis Fw 190.png

My version of the camo scheme of the Fw-190 belonging to the Nemesis Squadron, which was the main enemy in the WWII video game Secret Weapons over Normandy by LucasArts from 2003.

Sky Pirate Fw190D.png

A Sky Pirate Focke Wulf FW-190D-9, which I taken inspiration for this livery from the anime show Magnificent Kotobuki which I had watched last week. As you could see, this aircraft has it's original Luftwaffe insignia painted over by custom insignia and with the pilot's personal emblem on the tail (which has been inspired from the emblem of the Fallschirm-Panzer Division "Hermann Goering.")

I'm wondering something and wondering if anyone could answer this question. How in the bloody hell did the British come up with the names for the aircraft. Is there a rime or reason behind it or was it a dart board?

I'm wondering something and wondering if anyone could answer this question. How in the bloody hell did the British come up with the names for the aircraft. Is there a rime or reason behind it or was it a dart board?
To the best of my knowledge it was the company that designed the aircraft that chose the name and there was no rhyme or reason to their naming practice.
I believe it was the same in the US and Germany too. The Russians and the Japanese didn't seem to give their planes names other than the name of the companies that named them and a numerical and alphabetical designation, the Japanese also used the number of the year it was in their calendar.

Yokosuku Fuku-2
Yokosuku Fuku-2.png

Late war Japanese jet-bomber with experimental glider bomb based on German blueprints of high tech weapons brought to Japan in May 1945 by the U-234* submarine.

*IOTL the U-234 surrendered to Allied forces in May of 45, ITTL the U-234 continued on its mission due to Germany lasting another month before surrendering.

Yokosuku Fuku-2
View attachment 581744

Late war Japanese jet-bomber with experimental glider bomb based on German blueprints of high tech weapons brought to Japan in May 1945 by the U-234* submarine.

*IOTL the U-234 surrendered to Allied forces in May of 45, ITTL the U-234 continued on its mission due to Germany lasting another month before surrendering.
One wonders how it gets off the deck if the bomb is slung welllllll below the wheels of the aircraft.....

One wonders how it gets off the deck if the bomb is slung welllllll below the wheels of the aircraft.....
I was wondering about that but that's how the untouched pic was, I considered rasing it up a bit and drawing a long-ish landing gear but I left that part untouched.
Looking at the pic now I wonder if the missile is slung under the wing and not the belly, the original pic was of an Ar-234 but the wing section is from a Tupulov Tu-14 and I think that changes the perspective of where the bomb is slung from.

Reggiane Re-2022 Aquila
Reggiane Re-2022.jpg

With a max speed of 530 mph and three 20mm auto-cannons the Aquila gave Italian pilots a stunning but short streak of air superiority in the last few months of the war.
A much improved version (IMO) of my old Reggiane Re-2000.

Dornier Do-19H
Dornier-Do-19H.png

The last variant of the infamous "Ural bomber" the D version featured heavier armament influenced (copied from downed B17's) from enemy bombers.
The Do-19H carried 12 13mm MG's and 2 20mm cannons, one in the nose and one in the tail.

Not so much of a Combat Aircraft, but still Military
nakajima-ki-121.png

The Nakajima Ki-121, which is a development of the famous Ki-43 Hayabusa fighter. Developed after the Pacific War for the Japanese Army Air Service as an advanced trainer aircraft. The type would enter service with the IJAAS in 1946 and would be used for this role with them until 1978 when they were replaced by newer designs. Japan's client states and allies such as Manchukuo and Peru would use them for longer well into the 1990s with some of them using them for counter-insurgency use. In the present day, these planes are popular with warbird flyers and enthusiasts, owing to it's ease of flight.

Old cross-post from the Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds thread

96SENkz.png

A cheaper replacement for the Avro Arrow, the Avro Crossbow is built around an improved and enlarged Iroquois engine called the Orenda PS. 16 Huron. While peaking at mach 1.84, far from the Arrow supposed 2.2, the Crossbow was not only much cheaper with a single engine but also had a longer combat range of 460 nautical miles (850 km) and a service ceiling of 15 000 m.
A dual seat, it possessed a powerful radar and guidance/tracking systems for the AA Velvet Glove homing missile operated by the copilot.

ZCAKPvI.png

The Avro Crossbow CF-106 Mk.2 was made following re-tech after the first Crossbow operations. Both its role as a long range interceptor and Velvet Glove platform meant that it needed a larger and more powerful radar. An improved radar and thus radar cone was installed but despite the engineers best efforts to help the air flow, the much bigger cone drastically reduced the air intake and the plane had trouble at higher altitude. The engineers had to install side air intake to increase the airflow, their low profile allowed the Avro Crossbow to keep its performance. While these modifications did nothing to help with the plane complexity and high cost, it made it a unrivaled platform, allowing it to stay relevant and useful in its primal role even to this day.

A sneak peek at the future of my Red Baron TL "Der Rote Kampfflieger". :p
(Fear not readers, it has not been abandoned. I did some serious re-planning and writing and there is some finished (but unedited) stuff ready to go, but university is eating all my spare time up. Rest assure, there will be an update before the end of September.)
A.jpg

Now here's two more of my Magnificent Kotobuki inspired aircraft liveries, this time for the Bf-109 family.
Kampf Korps BF-109K.png

A Bf-109K-4 "Kurfurst" that was built by a major faction.
Merc BF-109G.png

And a mercenary used Bf-109G-10 "Gustav", note like my earlier Fw-190D-9, it has Luftwaffe Insignia that got painted over.