Alternate History Combat Aircraft

You'd be better off putting the drop tanks under the wing as that could block airflow to the radiator. May need to look at the shape of the intake too.

The Do335 had real issues with cooling the rear engine. Quite a few were lost due to rear engine fires as they burned through the control cables.
Take 3.
Ta-333 +++.png

Added an air intake in front of the rear engine similar to a jet aircraft.
Below the pic that inspired this design.
ART=tarkavian_thresher_by_jflaxman-d7529ob.jpg

Hitler's Valkyries
This an ASB-esque scenario, where in late 1943, the Luftwaffe would form up an all female fighter squadron led Hanna Reitsch, which would be called Jadgeschwader 104 Reitsch or JG-104. The Allies would dub this squadron simply as either Goering's Amazons or Hitler's Valkyries depending on who you talk to. This unit was mostly stationed within Germany as part of the Defense of the Reich from the Allied Bombing Campaign, but they have seen some service on the Western Front during the ill-fated Bodenplatte Operation. The remaining pilots and their support personnel (including Reitsch) would end up surrendering to the Western Allies in 1945.
LW Bf-109 Reitsch.png

A Bf-109R-6 as flown by Hanna Reitsch herself, circa June of 1944.

LW Bf-109-1.png

A Bf-109G-2 dubbed Blue 16 based outside of Essen, circa September of 1943.

LW FW 190R.png

An FW-190A-8 from during the Bodenplatte Operation, circa January of 1945.

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder what the backstory to this plane is?
I honestly can't think of a plausible one, maybe a TL where Kurt tank is butterflied so the Germans had spare BMW's?
On a related note, the plane looked more Japanese to me than German when I was done hence the markings.