Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I most certainly am not. I wish that the map had been the actual results of the election.

And here is the map of states won (by percentage, US Election Atlas):

latest

Robert H. Dickenson (R-TX)/Marco Rubio (R-FL)-57.25%-485 EV
Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY)/Tim Kaine (D-VA)-41.40%-53 EV
What did Dickenson do that let him do so well in the NYC area amd so horribly in upstate New York?

What did Dickenson do that let him do so well in the NYC area amd so horribly in upstate New York?
Dickenson won all but three counties in Upstate New York (Erie, Monroe, and Tompkins), home to Rochester, Buffalo, and Ithaca. In the NYC area, he carried Long Island (Suffolk and Nassau), Westchester, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, and Staten Island. He managed to do better then both Romney and McCain in NYC's other boroughs, and won a much higher percentage of Asians, Hispanics, and Blacks then they. He also dominated among working-class and suburban whites. All of these together allowed for him to carry New York, by a margin of 2.75%. The county-level map's colors may be somewhat deceptive; Dickenson won most upstate counties with 50 or 60 percent of the vote, or more.

I'm still developing the scenario, but basically, I've replaced Trump with a generic ("fictional") Republican who has many of Trump's same policy views. This Republican is an economic populist, social moderate, and foreign policy hardliner. He has a firm stand on immigration, though not to the extent of erecting a border wall. He believes that vetting processes must be improved, but calls for understanding and for a humane refugee/foreign aid policy. He has very strong views against TPP, and Trump-like views on bringing in jobs and industry. He is for tax reform, for modifying Obamacare, etc. Moreover, he has a record as a competent governor and senator who was able to compromise and was well liked by the people in his state (Texas). Clinton, on the other hand, makes the same mistakes she did in our timeline. And she is a stark contrast to her opponent, who enjoys a much higher approval rating then Trump.

I mean, from having lived there all my life, I just don't see it. Too many people are just so tribally against the GOP. Hell, the anti-TPP and hardline immigration stands alone would sink him.

I'm still developing the scenario, but basically, I've replaced Trump with a generic ("fictional") Republican who has many of Trump's same policy views. This Republican is an economic populist, social moderate, and foreign policy hardliner. He has a firm stand on immigration, though not to the extent of erecting a border wall. He believes that vetting processes must be improved, but calls for understanding and for a humane refugee/foreign aid policy. He has very strong views against TPP, and Trump-like views on bringing in jobs and industry. He is for tax reform, for modifying Obamacare, etc. Moreover, he has a record as a competent governor and senator who was able to compromise and was well liked by the people in his state (Texas). Clinton, on the other hand, makes the same mistakes she did in our timeline. And she is a stark contrast to her opponent, who enjoys a much higher approval rating then Trump.
Just curious, right now, how many Republicans are there right now who are either currently Governor and have been Senator, or vice Versa?

Just curious, what makes a social moderate for the Republicans right now, accepting Same Sex marriage?

I live in Montgomery county Maryland, and I truly believe that with the *possible* exception of a Pataki - Webb election (and I don't believe either could have gotten their respective party's nod), there isn't any question of Montgomery county going blue.

I mean, from having lived there all my life, I just don't see it. Too many people are just so tribally against the GOP. Hell, the anti-TPP and hardline immigration stands alone would sink him.
I see what you are saying. Again, it is an alternate scenario, and I realize that our country has deep polarization these days. In a way, this scenario is an exercise in fantasy (my wish that Clinton had lost badly).

I see what you are saying. Again, it is an alternate scenario, and I realize that our country has deep polarization these days. In a way, this scenario is an exercise in fantasy (my wish that Clinton had lost badly).
Why does it even matter, given that Trump won in OTL anyway?

Why does it even matter, given that Trump won in OTL anyway?
I had actually created the first version of this scenario back in around October, before Trump won the election. But I refined it in the past couple of weeks, and decided to post it here. I like to hear discussion about scenarios, about results, etc.

Just curious, right now, how many Republicans are there right now who are either currently Governor and have been Senator, or vice Versa?

Just curious, what makes a social moderate for the Republicans right now, accepting Same Sex marriage?

I live in Montgomery county Maryland, and I truly believe that with the *possible* exception of a Pataki - Webb election (and I don't believe either could have gotten their respective party's nod), there isn't any question of Montgomery county going blue.
Currently Governor and Senator? None come to my mind at my moment. And I'm aware about the situation in regards to gay marriage. Again, this is just a hypothetical scenario.

Five, as far as I know. Lamar Alexander, Sam Brownback, John Hoeven, Jim Risch, and Mike Rounds. All but Brownback are in the Senate currently.

If%20Trump%20won%2061%25%20of%20the%20pop.%20vote

This is roughly what the map would look like if Trump got 61% of the popular vote. he wins all 50 states, or possibly 49 depending on how turnout is in the Bay Area and LA in California.

Attachments

• mapchartSAVE (1).txt
    43 KB · Views: 381
Before you read this yes this is just an outlet for my annoyance that hillary lost

ElectoralCollege2016 (3).png

The 2016 presidential election finally broke the trend that had been going since 1992 where one party had been in power for 2 terms and then lost the next election

Hillary Clinton and Bernie sanders's Primary didnt last long as hillary clinton clinched the nomination 2 months away from the convention. 3 days after she cliched the delegates needed Bernie Sanders dropped out and endorsed hillary clinton. The Democrats started gearing up for the general election campaign. Donald trump barely clinched the nomination after the last primary and left the party very divided. The RNC was very Uninspiring to their base Ted Cruz,Marco Rubio,and John Kasich refused to speak in fact the only former presidential candidates that spoke were Ben Carson and Bob Dole. The day before donald trump's acceptance speech the RNC emails were hacked and uncovered some racist and xenophobic emails from the planning team and Bob Dole. The republicans Blamed the Democrats. The democrats denied it. Donald Trumps Acceptance speech put the republicans in a bad light. He accidentally Sputtered for about 30 seconds in the middle of his speech. The RNC gave Donald Trump a boost of only 0.5% in the polls

The republicans needed a Miracle to happen with the DNC to win the election. Hillary clinton announced her VP pick during the RNC... Elizabeth Warren. Hillary was hoping that Warren would fire up the base. And she did in some way. But the thing that did was bernie sanders Keynote Address. The Obamas gave some of the best speeches ever to a party convention which Painted the Obama presidency in a really good light. Elizabeth Warrens VP acceptance speech was also a very Important part of the convention. But the biggest of all was Hillary Clinton's acceptance speech. It was written to humanise her and it did a great job of it. after the convention Hillary clinton was up in the polls by 16%

The Republicans started to worry about whether they could win. Hillary clintons convention boost lasted up to debate night where she was still up by about 5% in the polls. Donald Trump Scrambled to get his campaign together. on Debate Night. The debate still handed Clinton the night. and gave her another boost in the polls. The republicans were still trying to figure out what happened with the rnc hacks. But then the famous pu**ygrabbing tapes came out with another hack. the Tapes were brought up at the next presidential debate and donald trump exploded with attacks against hillary clinton assuming that The democrats did the hack. it ad some sort of effect against her. But in the middle of the debate it was released that the Canadian Government did the hacks. It caused donald trump to lose the debate by a large margin. Donald Trump didn't find out that canada admitted to doing the hacks until the next day. Hillary clinton and Elizabeth warren were deemed the winners in the presidential and Vp debates. Hillary Clinton Barely moved in the polls up to election day.

On election Night Donald trump was hoping that he polls were wring and they were in some way. but just to show how much the republican party despised him states like Texas Georgia and South Carolina were too close to call for most of the night

the final results were

Hillary Clinton 50.1% 334 EVS
Donald Trump 43.7% 204 EVS

Closest States
Georgia 0.56%
Arizona 1.03%
Texas 1.33%
Ohio 1.43%

North Carolina 1.68%
Iowa 2.02%
South Carolina 2.85%

Florida 3.02%
NCD2 3.44%

Alaska 4.06%
Wisconsin 4.96%
MCD2 5.04%

Pennsylvania 5.12%
Michigan 5.67%
Mississippi 7.73%
New Hampshire 7.89%
Minnesota 9.56%

Down ballot Democrats also got a huge boost and All of them preformed well in the congressional debates with no exceptions. even utah's misty snow made a good impression on the debate stage
2016_US_Senate_election_results_map (1).png

Ballance of power

Democrats 52 Seats
Republicans 46 Seats
Independent 2 Seats

The House Democrats also did well as well as the governors
US_House_2016.png

Democrats 207 (+19)
Republicans 228 (-19)

2016_gubernatorial_election_results_map.png

Democrats 20 Governorships
Republicans 29 Governorships

(lol I wish)

H
Before you read this yes this is just an outlet for my annoyance that hillary lost

View attachment 309640
The 2016 presidential election finally broke the trend that had been going since 1992 where one party had been in power for 2 terms and then lost the next election

Hillary Clinton and Bernie sanders's Primary didnt last long as hillary clinton clinched the nomination 2 months away from the convention. 3 days after she cliched the delegates needed Bernie Sanders dropped out and endorsed hillary clinton. The Democrats started gearing up for the general election campaign. Donald trump barely clinched the nomination after the last primary and left the party very divided. The RNC was very Uninspiring to their base Ted Cruz,Marco Rubio,and John Kasich refused to speak in fact the only former presidential candidates that spoke were Ben Carson and Bob Dole. The day before donald trump's acceptance speech the RNC emails were hacked and uncovered some racist and xenophobic emails from the planning team and Bob Dole. The republicans Blamed the Democrats. The democrats denied it. Donald Trumps Acceptance speech put the republicans in a bad light. He accidentally Sputtered for about 30 seconds in the middle of his speech. The RNC gave Donald Trump a boost of only 0.5% in the polls

The republicans needed a Miracle to happen with the DNC to win the election. Hillary clinton announced her VP pick during the RNC... Elizabeth Warren. Hillary was hoping that Warren would fire up the base. And she did in some way. But the thing that did was bernie sanders Keynote Address. The Obamas gave some of the best speeches ever to a party convention which Painted the Obama presidency in a really good light. Elizabeth Warrens VP acceptance speech was also a very Important part of the convention. But the biggest of all was Hillary Clinton's acceptance speech. It was written to humanise her and it did a great job of it. after the convention Hillary clinton was up in the polls by 16%

The Republicans started to worry about whether they could win. Hillary clintons convention boost lasted up to debate night where she was still up by about 5% in the polls. Donald Trump Scrambled to get his campaign together. on Debate Night. The debate still handed Clinton the night. and gave her another boost in the polls. The republicans were still trying to figure out what happened with the rnc hacks. But then the famous pu**ygrabbing tapes came out with another hack. the Tapes were brought up at the next presidential debate and donald trump exploded with attacks against hillary clinton assuming that The democrats did the hack. it ad some sort of effect against her. But in the middle of the debate it was released that the Canadian Government did the hacks. It caused donald trump to lose the debate by a large margin. Donald Trump didn't find out that canada admitted to doing the hacks until the next day. Hillary clinton and Elizabeth warren were deemed the winners in the presidential and Vp debates. Hillary Clinton Barely moved in the polls up to election day.

On election Night Donald trump was hoping that he polls were wring and they were in some way. but just to show how much the republican party despised him states like Texas Georgia and South Carolina were too close to call for most of the night

the final results were

Hillary Clinton 50.1% 334 EVS
Donald Trump 43.7% 204 EVS

Closest States
Georgia 0.56%
Arizona 1.03%
Texas 1.33%
Ohio 1.43%

North Carolina 1.68%
Iowa 2.02%
South Carolina 2.85%

Florida 3.02%
NCD2 3.44%

Alaska 4.06%
Wisconsin 4.96%
MCD2 5.04%

Pennsylvania 5.12%
Michigan 5.67%

Mississippi 7.73%
New Hampshire 7.89%
Minnesota 9.56%

Down ballot Democrats also got a huge boost and All of them preformed well in the congressional debates with no exceptions. even utah's misty snow made a good impression on the debate stage
View attachment 309663
Ballance of power

Democrats 52 Seats
Republicans 46 Seats
Independent 2 Seats

The House Democrats also did well as well as the governors
View attachment 309665

Democrats 207 (+19)
Republicans 228 (-19)

View attachment 309666
Democrats 20 Governorships
Republicans 29 Governorships