Alternate Electoral Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a map showing Trump performing better by 10 points (like the Obama one):
8GsxEsm.png

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
To AmeriPost for a moment, working on a thing and churned this out; basically Trump does 10% worse across the board, Clinton 5% worse, and the third party with the most votes in each state gets the 15%. McMullin wins by a narrow margin Johnson has a few close states but is unable to break through.

genusmap.php

334 - Democratic Party - Clinton/Kaine
198 - Republican Party - Trump/Pence
006 - Independent - McMullin/Mindy Finn

New York's State Assembly following the 2016 General Election in @history nerd 's 50 States United world:
50SU Assembly Chart.png

Progressive Caucus (Government): 84
American Labor: 30
Bull Moose Progressive: 21
Anti-Rent: 9
New Deal Progressive: 9
Women's Equality: 9
Working Families: 6

Government Accountability Caucus (Opposition): 39

Citizen's Union: 15
Libertarian: 9
Rockefeller Republican: 6
Columbian Order: 3
Independence: 3
Locofoco: 3

Single Tax Caucus: 15
Georgist: 15

Constitutional Caucus: 12
Taxpayer's: 6
Right to Life: 3
Save Jobs: 3

How did a Republican win Boston and lose most of the suburban counties? Aside from being unlikely, that'd take a shift of like 40 points.
I had created the map quite a while back, and it's supposed to be a sort of an alternative scenario. I was deceived by reading some of the information about the elections of the 80s, which talked about Reagan winning some number of votes in South Boston.

But overall, are there any states which may be Democratic holdouts?

I had created the map quite a while back, and it's supposed to be a sort of an alternative scenario. I was deceived by reading some of the information about the elections of the 80s, which talked about Reagan winning some number of votes in South Boston.

But overall, are there any states which may be Democratic holdouts?
New York and Vermont.

Stronger Goldwater campaign 64(still loses though)
genusmap.php

President Lyndon B Johnson/Hubert Humphrey-Democratic: 440 EV 56.05%
Barry Goldwater/William Miller-Republican: 98 EV 43.47%

This is probably the best Goldwater could have done in 1964, barring an earth-shaking cataclysm for Johnson/miracle for Goldwater.

Yeah, how bad did Hillary have to fuck up that she lost Montgomery County, MD?
I agree, for a Republican victory in Montgomery County during the recent past or near future, the Republican victory has to be at landslide levels. My guess is that in a vote between any of the 17 Republicans and the five or six democrats in the last election's primary, that Montgomery County would go Blue. Note, this even applies is Clinton had *died* in the days leading up to the election.

Yeah, how bad did Hillary have to fuck up that she lost Montgomery County, MD?
I'm still developing the scenario, but basically, I've replaced Trump with a generic ("fictional") Republican who has many of Trump's same policy views. This Republican is an economic populist, social moderate, and foreign policy hardliner. He has a firm stand on immigration, though not to the extent of erecting a border wall. He believes that vetting processes must be improved, but calls for understanding and for a humane refugee/foreign aid policy. He has very strong views against TPP, and Trump-like views on bringing in jobs and industry. He is for tax reform, for modifying Obamacare, etc. Moreover, he has a record as a competent governor and senator who was able to compromise and was well liked by the people in his state (Texas). Clinton, on the other hand, makes the same mistakes she did in our timeline. And she is a stark contrast to her opponent, who enjoys a much higher approval rating then Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.